There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PTulini's 2010 49ers Mock Draft- Version 1 (03/01/10)

Retained/Extended/Franchise Tag

OG David Bass
LB Ahmad Brooks
LB Patrick Willis
NT Aubayo Franklin
OT Tony Pashos
CB Dre' Bly

Retired/Cut

CB Walt Harris
WR Isaac Bruce
WR Arnaz Battle
WR Dominique Zeigler
LB Jeff Ulbrich
OG Tony Wragge
OT Barry Sims
CB Marcus Hudson
TE Joe Jon Finley
DE Demetric Evans
RB Thomas Clayton
S Mark Roman

Free Agent Additions

RB Willie Parker

Round 1 #13- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma (6'5, 315 lbs.)

Round 1 #17- Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan (6'1, 268 lbs.)

Round 2 #49- Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St. (6'0, 198 lbs.)

Round 3 #79- Myron Rolle, S, Florida St. (6'2, 215 lbs.)

Round 4- Tony Washington, OT, Abilene Christian (6'6, 311 lbs.)

NO PICTURE...

Round 5- Antonio Brown, WR/PR/KR, Central Michigan (5'10, 186 lbs.)

Round 6- Brandon Carter, OG, Texas Tech (6'5, 329 lbs.)

Round 7- Nathan Tripplett, ILB, Minnesota (6'3, 250 lbs.)

I don't expect the 49ers to be very active in Free Agency. However, I do expect 49ers to retain and extend our players. In my opinion, Patrick Willis will receive a new contract. (highest paid LB?) I also look for the team to add a veteran RB to compliment Frank Gore. I chose Willie Parker, but I don't know? I may have forgotten a few of our players.

As for the draft, I wasn't sure how accurate I was, but I attempted to cover our needs. How did I do?

-Pat

[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 3, 2010 at 21:24:36 ]
I like the draft

addresses a bunch of our needs

idk about willie parker
i would love that draft so much
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I like the draft

addresses a bunch of our needs

idk about willie parker

I agree, idk about Parker either. I like the idea though, get a veteran change-of-pace back to compliment Gore.
I'd prefer it if we picked up a safety...
  • tap11
  • Veteran
I like it except for Norwood. You already took Graham, so switch Norwood with a safety or maybe OG.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

The only reason I didn't is because GM Scot McCloughan said he wanted Curtis Taylor and Reggie Smith to step up if needed. We drafted them, they've had time to learn, now they need to prove themselves!
The first thing I will say is that you and I have similar tastes. Williams, Graham, Norwood, and Brown are all some of my favorite players in this draft. I do think you may have over drafted a few positions though.

As much as I like both Norwood and Graham, I think we should just pick one of them. After all, we have 3 other pretty good OLBs that need playing time. Having 4 OLBs all rotating and staying fresh makes sense. Having 5 sounds like a bit of a log jam.

And while I can see the logic behind taking two tackles, I think we'd be better off drafting just one and retaining either Sims or Pashos.

With those extra picks you could handle some other needs, like safety.

Still, not a bad draft. And certainly one that's full of exciting players.
Originally posted by PTulini:

The only reason I didn't is because GM Scot McCloughan said he wanted Curtis Taylor and Reggie Smith to step up if needed. We drafted them, they've had time to learn, now they need to prove themselves!

Scotty plays games though...the only thing he's been consistant about is not drafting a guard in the first..but he almost did that with Rachel. If those guys were that good, they'd have taken the job already.

Scotty plays games though...the only thing he's been consistant about is not drafting a guard in the first..but he almost did that with Rachel. If those guys were that good, they'd have taken the job already.

What if I were to take out Eric Norwood and replace him with FSU S Myron Rolle... Better?

[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 1, 2010 at 22:50:59 ]

What if I were to take out Eric Norwood and replace him with FSU S Myron Rolle?

You could do that, or replace a Graham with Earl Thomas. Tough call.

Earl Thomas and Eric Norwood

or

Brandan Graham and Myron Rolle

I'd be happy with either choice. But I think given our current OLB talent vs our current Safety talent, spending a top choice on Thomas makes more sense.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

or

I'd be happy with either choice. But I think given our current OLB talent vs our current Safety talent, spending a top choice on Thomas makes more sense.

I just really like Brandon Graham. That kid has got one hell of a motor!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

or

I just really like Brandon Graham. That kid has got one hell of a motor!

I hear you, bro. Dude reminds me a lot of Woodley, who I was in love with when he was coming out. (that sounds like it means something other than I meant it to...)
Well done PTulini. If you can get Cox in the second than there is good value through the first 4 rounds. After that, its a crap shoot no matter who you pick.

What do you do if Trent Williams is off the board by our 13th pick?
Great Draft

I don't think Parker has much if anything left in the tank.