Here is my first mock draft, but I'm only focusing on picks 1 - 17. Based on what I read thus far from
the beat writers and watching the combine, I think they'll will definitely pass on Spiller :(
They will most likely take an OT with the 13th pick and take the BPA at 17. IMO, this mock draft does not look pretty, but I think it's realistic. If you think about it...taking Bulaga addresses an immediate need and taking a nose tackle like Dan Williams will help in the long run since it takes awhile to fully grasp the concept
of the position (look how long it took Franklin to be good).
1. Ndamukong Suh - Rams - I think they can take Bradford here (smokescreen), but will go with the safe pick. They'll address the QB via free agency.
2. Russell Okung - Lions - I think Okung is hands down the best OT this year. Need to protect Stafford who has a shoulder injury. He also had a great combine.
3. Gerald McCoy - Bucs - The next Warren Sapp.
4. Trent Williams - Skins - I think they'll go and back&forth with Bradford, but
I think they will commit to Campbell and take an OT. Plus, Chris Samuels will retire.
5. Eric Berry - Chiefs - Addresses a need here and is the next BPA.
6. Anthony Davis - Seahawks - Uncertain with Walter Jones. May take Bradford here as well.
7. Joe Haden - Browns - Haden is the safest top 10 pick and addresses a need.
8. Jason Pierre-Paul - Raiders - Good size and speed. Needs pass rushing
9. Sam Bradford - Bills - Trent Edwards sucks
10. Dez Bryant - Broncos - Marshall may leave.
11. Derrick Morgan - Jags - BPA
12. Rolando McClain - Dolphins - Addresses a need and next BPA.
13. Bryan Bulaga - Niners - They seem to like him at the combine and it addresses a need. Sorry everyone, but I think they'll pass on Spiller here.
14. CJ Spiller - Seahawks
15. Everson Griffen - Giants
16. Carlos Dunlap - Titans
17. Dan Williams - Niners - Not a popular choice, but the nose tackle position
is critical to the niners and this year's class is one of the strongest. I don't think Balmer fits well in a 3-4. He's more natural in a 4-3. Plus, McCloughan loves size and the guys that are left are undersize for their position like Graham, E.Thomas, and Kindle.