LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

O'Brien Schofield

Where will this guy be drafted? There was talk of him moving into the first round before his injury, now he is barley even mentioned. I know he is a big risk, but he also has some upside. So please give me some input into where he will be drafted, and if you think the 49ers will take a look at him.
Didn't he tear his ACL or MCL?

I'd take him in the 7th if he's still there.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

ACL
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4858276
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

ACL
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4858276

Poor b*****d, he's gonna lose millions.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for DaveWilcox.
Scholfield was projected as 2nd rounder. I would expect him to slip to 4th, 5th or 6th round due to his injury.

Reminds me of when the 49ers drafted Kevin f*gan out of Miami in 1984 I think. Like Scholfield, he injured his knee his senior year. He was highly regarded at the time and would likely have gone in the late 1st or 2nd round. The 49ers drafted him in the 4th round and let him recover. Once he got on the field he was an excellent contributor at RDE on what was a great 49er D, anchored by Michael Carter at NT.

In those pre CAP days the 49ers could do that sort of thing. Because they could always go out and sign any FA they needed.

That was how Eddie D rolled... spare no expense.
If he's till there in the 5th round I hope we take a hard look at him. Maybe even the 4th if we fill our needs in rds 1-3.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
If he's till there in the 5th round I hope we take a hard look at him. Maybe even the 4th if we fill our needs in rds 1-3.

You would take a player with a 4th or 5th that wont play at all his rookie year? I like him, but I would wait until the 6th at earliest.
Originally posted by 23zack80:

You would take a player with a 4th or 5th that wont play at all his rookie year? I like him, but I would wait until the 6th at earliest.

I think it took almost 2 years before Kevin f*gan was on the field.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
4th or 5th pick would be good to secure a future starter for this team. Walsh was smart about this. How many 4th or 5th round picks are starters?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GORO:
4th or 5th pick would be good to secure a future starter for this team. Walsh was smart about this. How many 4th or 5th round picks are starters?

How do you know he will be a starter?

Yes.

Yes.

Agree
i'd say just scoop him up is FA, but i guess spending a 7th rounder is worth it to secure we get him. Hope the surgery goes fine and he recovers, because that is just terrible luck on his part.

Realistically, how many th rounders actually contribute much their first year anyway, or even make the team, for that matter. Yeah, he'd be worth taking a chance on, at least based on his previous play.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Realistically, how many th rounders actually contribute much their first year anyway, or even make the team, for that matter. Yeah, he'd be worth taking a chance on, at least based on his previous play.

The "th" round?
Share 49ersWebzone