LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Safety: Eric Berry, Taylor Mays or....

Myron Rolle? Obviously we won't take a safety in the first round but given his upside, character and talent I would LOVE for the 49ers to take this guy! Thoughts?
I like Myron a lot but I wouldn't draft him until the 3rd round. I'm a huge FSU fan and saw him play just about every game in college. i'm not sure if it was the scheme he was asked to play or what but his coverage skills aren't that great. He only had 1 interception in 3 years of college football. Interceptions don't tell the whole story of a defensive back but still.

I'm sure he can be easily coached though and he's pretty good in run support. I don't see how he could be any worst than Michael Lewis in coverage.
Rolle would be a nice pickup in 3rd or 4th round.
I looking to see what kind of 40 time he runs.
Originally posted by jta854:
I looking to see what kind of 40 time he runs.

According to the BR...Myron Rolle is getting a lot of attention in the pre-combine weeks. It is said he can run a 4.40, weighs 218, is 6'0" ft tall and fast enough to cover sideline to sideline....

Sounds great to me!
I like Chad Jones. Not as hyped as the top several players but if he commits to football and gives up Baseball I'm all for him.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I like Chad Jones. Not as hyped as the top several players but if he commits to football and gives up Baseball I'm all for him.

I agree. I'm not so certain that Scott will go after a safety early, but Jones definitely has the physical game that our team prefers. I think Rashad Jones, T.J. Ward, and maybe Kam Chancellor are also some pretty good options if we decide to wait.
he only has 1 career int no thanks we dont need another mark roman
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

I agree. I'm not so certain that Scott will go after a safety early, but Jones definitely has the physical game that our team prefers. I think Rashad Jones, T.J. Ward, and maybe Kam Chancellor are also some pretty good options if we decide to wait.

this
Share 49ersWebzone