There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Colt McCoy is available at the Niners Second Round Pick

If Colt McCoy is available at the Niners Second Round Pick

Alex Smith has one year left on his contract, if he does not do well, he is done in SF. Nate Davis is an interesting prospect, and I am a fan of him. However I feel if Colt McCoy drops, I would rather see Nate Davis/Colt McCoy on the roster than Nate Davis and another rookie next year and a band aid veteran.
Smith is not the QB of the future!
Originally posted by AC49er:

No, Smith is the quarterback of the present and the future!

and colt mccoy is vertically challenged
I'd rather get a return-man than a QB
PASS to no extent. i wouldnt even look at him if i was mccoughlan, im sure we can get a stud in the 2nd rd instead of a qb whos vertically challenged and came from a spread offense. if most on the board hate smith with a passion why do some want to take spread offense qbs like smith was at utah?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Colt McCoy is not the QB of the future!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Rather get LeFevour or Sean Canfield in the later rounds. And I'd rather get a Safety or CB than a QB in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Rather get LeFevour or Sean Canfield in the later rounds. And I'd rather get a Safety or CB than a QB in the 2nd.

This.
Originally posted by hofer36:

Drew Brees was also "vertically challenged", look how that worked out.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by hofer36:

Drew Brees was also "vertically challenged", look how that worked out.

I much rather have Pike than McCoy in the 3rd round. Pike has the measurables and arm strength that is unmatched in this draft.
I'll pass on Cart McCoy.
No QB that early...much bigger needs to address, like KR, CB, OG, DE, pass rusher. If we come out of the 1st rd with an OT and a CB (Haden, maybe Warren), then OG makes good sense in 2nd. If Spiller's the guy in the 1st, Perrish Cox would be an excellent pick in the 2nd.
I'd rather get a 1st Rd QB in 2011 if Smith doesn't work out.
I voted no because I don't like Colt McCoy as a prospect, not because I think its smart to pass on any qb this year because of Alex & Nate.