There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How would you feel if this was our draft?

  • rtj03
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 531
13th pick - CJ Spiller
17th pick - Brandon Graham

I am really leaning towards this now. I was all about a Tackle, but I just really think that these picks could put us over the top. Maybe because Im not really crazy about any of the OT's so I dont feel they will do much for us.

If we could pick up a good OT in FA, this would be absolute ideal!

What OT can we pick up in rounds 2-5?
Would really like that draft if we got a RT in FA
Like it alot!
I wouldn't be surprised if we went this way...two playmakers ! OTs in rds 2-3-4 could be Ducasse, Fox, Saffold, Calloway or Black.
Have not heard that people do not like any of the OT in this draft. This is one of the deepest OT draft in years. Do not see how it puts us over the top when we can open holes for our run game with our less than stellar OL and Smith is going to get pressed every drop back.

I think Graham is slightly overrated right now. He blew up at the senior bowl going up against OT that are not on the level of the top tier OT in the draft let alone in the NFL. Lets see how he does at the combine when he has to do some of the linebacker drills. Have no idea how he'll do in coverage.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,332
Originally posted by noobie:
Have not heard that people do not like any of the OT in this draft. This is one of the deepest OT draft in years. Do not see how it puts us over the top when we can open holes for our run game with our less than stellar OL and Smith is going to get pressed every drop back.

I think Graham is slightly overrated right now. He blew up at the senior bowl going up against OT that are not on the level of the top tier OT in the draft let alone in the NFL. Lets see how he does at the combine when he has to do some of the linebacker drills. Have no idea how he'll do in coverage.

Any defensive end the 49ers draft, no matter where in the draft will be a situational pass rusher in the first year unless they are an absolute terror during training camp and the preseason. They will learn the position of OLB in a 3-4 their first year.

I think you're blowing the 49ers pass protection problems out of proportion. There is no reason to draft a tackle if the value isn't there. The top end of this tackle class is being overated in my opinion. Lots of depth? Yes. Stars at the top? Not in my opinion.
Originally posted by rtj03:
13th pick - CJ Spiller
17th pick - Brandon Graham

I am really leaning towards this now. I was all about a Tackle, but I just really think that these picks could put us over the top. Maybe because Im not really crazy about any of the OT's so I dont feel they will do much for us.

If we could pick up a good OT in FA, this would be absolute ideal!

What OT can we pick up in rounds 2-5?

Now this would be some eye opening $h!t right here!!
If this were our draft it would tell me this organization believes we're close to contending for a championship.
O-Linemen can be found later.

1a. RB- C. J. Spiller, Clemson
1b. OLB- Brandon Graham, Michigan
2. CB- Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
3. SS- Terrell Ward, Oregon
4. OT- Ciron Black, LSU

Championship!!!
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by rtj03:
13th pick - CJ Spiller
17th pick - Brandon Graham

I am really leaning towards this now. I was all about a Tackle, but I just really think that these picks could put us over the top. Maybe because Im not really crazy about any of the OT's so I dont feel they will do much for us.

If we could pick up a good OT in FA, this would be absolute ideal!

What OT can we pick up in rounds 2-5?

Now this would be some eye opening $h!t right here!!
If this were our draft it would tell me this organization believes we're close to contending for a championship.
O-Linemen can be found later.

1a. RB- C. J. Spiller, Clemson
1b. OLB- Brandon Graham, Michigan
2. CB- Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
3. SS- Terrell Ward, Oregon
4. OT- Ciron Black, LSU

Championship!!!

If that was our draft we had better have signed a few olinemen in FA. If not all THAT draft would prove is how delusional our GM and that we are gonna have to wait another year for our chance at the post season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,592
That's my ideal draft, hoping it happens. Go Niners!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would really like that draft if we got a RT in FA

Well there won't be any decent RT's out there in Free Agency
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,840
I wouldn't like this draft at all. I would be happier drafting OT and G in the first round over this.
I don't understand there are not any Good FA OT out there this yr because the owner have no new Agreement with the player so FA is moved to six yr SO what FA OT are you taking about??? and Why spiller at 13? Right Now Jahvid Best is not projected in the first round by most and he is very similar to spiller. they could draft Best at the top of the secound round. I don't want to draft a RB at 13 that is not going to play because of GORE. sure he will play on third down and return kicks but there are other player that are good that can return kick and can be drafted way lower then 13. Pluse some mock draft have Spiller falling into the 20 before being picked and I know he will never fall that far kind of like Crabtree would never fall. And yes some mocks have him being drafted before pick 13 so he could be gone. If Gore was hurt and they didn't have Coffee then drafting spiller at 13 would sound much better to me.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,332
Originally posted by dlance:
I don't understand there are not any Good FA OT out there this yr because the owner have no new Agreement with the player so FA is moved to six yr SO what FA OT are you taking about??? and Why spiller at 13? Right Now Jahvid Best is not projected in the first round by most and he is very similar to spiller. they could draft Best at the top of the secound round. I don't want to draft a RB at 13 that is not going to play because of GORE. sure he will play on third down and return kicks but there are other player that are good that can return kick and can be drafted way lower then 13. Pluse some mock draft have Spiller falling into the 20 before being picked and I know he will never fall that far kind of like Crabtree would never fall. And yes some mocks have him being drafted before pick 13 so he could be gone. If Gore was hurt and they didn't have Coffee then drafting spiller at 13 would sound much better to me.

Spiller would be used in a similar way as Percy Harvin.
Originally posted by rtj03:
13th pick - CJ Spiller
17th pick - Brandon Graham

I am really leaning towards this now. I was all about a Tackle, but I just really think that these picks could put us over the top. Maybe because Im not really crazy about any of the OT's so I dont feel they will do much for us.

If we could pick up a good OT in FA, this would be absolute ideal!

What OT can we pick up in rounds 2-5?

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad your really starting to come around to my earlier point of view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by dlance:
I don't understand there are not any Good FA OT out there this yr because the owner have no new Agreement with the player so FA is moved to six yr SO what FA OT are you taking about??? and Why spiller at 13? Right Now Jahvid Best is not projected in the first round by most and he is very similar to spiller. they could draft Best at the top of the secound round. I don't want to draft a RB at 13 that is not going to play because of GORE. sure he will play on third down and return kicks but there are other player that are good that can return kick and can be drafted way lower then 13. Pluse some mock draft have Spiller falling into the 20 before being picked and I know he will never fall that far kind of like Crabtree would never fall. And yes some mocks have him being drafted before pick 13 so he could be gone. If Gore was hurt and they didn't have Coffee then drafting spiller at 13 would sound much better to me.

Man spiller scored a touchdown in like 12 or 13 straight games! That kind of talent is rare. Get him with the first pick then get graham that is a winning combo!