There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If available @ No. 13

If available @ No. 13

Haden. shutdown corners are harder to come by.
Spiller is a better player than Hayden. That's all that matters.
  • Old_school
  • Info N/A
In the first round we need to draft two immediate starters. As good a back as Spiller is I can't see us taking him. Haden is a legitimate NFL corner and is a possibility followed by the best OT at number 16/17.
Not McClain. This team can win now, Haden would probably be the #3 or #4 CB for us in 2010. Spiller has a more immediate impact, and he returns kicks and punts extremely well, can be an effective homerun hit player we sorely need on offense.
Originally posted by Old_school:
In the first round we need to draft two immediate starters. As good a back as Spiller is I can't see us taking him. Haden is a legitimate NFL corner and is a possibility followed by the best OT at number 16/17.

book it
Originally posted by bigwads:
Spiller is a better player than Hayden. That's all that matters.


That's highly, highly debatable. Haden also has higher upside and corners generally have longer careers than running backs. Especially backs who rely on their speed.

We have a pro-bowl running back. We don't have any pro-bowlers in our entire secondary.
Originally posted by Old_school:
In the first round we need to draft two immediate starters. As good a back as Spiller is I can't see us taking him. Haden is a legitimate NFL corner and is a possibility followed by the best OT at number 16/17.

I agree, if the two are there its Haden hands down.

But he won't be, so Spiller come on down!!!!
whata bout my boy Jahvid?
if hes available 2nd round, i would get him in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by momoney925:
whata bout my boy Jahvid?
if hes available 2nd round, i would get him in a heartbeat.

He won't be, only way we get him is if we trade back in the first round
Originally posted by bigwads:
Spiller is a better player than Hayden. That's all that matters.

First of all I think that is not the case. Both are excellent players but Haden is a very special corner.

Lets say they are equal for the sake of arguement. If that is the case then the Niners should absolutley take Haden. Cornerbacks are simply more valuable than running backs in this passing age. Quarterbacks, cornerbacks, left offensive tackles, and big time pass rushers. Those are the elite spots that should take priority especially if you are not set in those positions.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,953
In all honesty, it depends on what players went before us ? Which OT's are off the board ? Who were those first 12 picks ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
In all honesty, it depends on what players went before us ? Which OT's are off the board ? Who were those first 12 picks ?

Guess you didnt read the original post. He wasnt asking who we should take if everyone was available. Obviously the Niners wouldnt pass on Berry. He simply wanted to know if you would take Haden, Spiller or McClain.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Not McClain. This team can win now, Haden would probably be the #3 or #4 CB for us in 2010. Spiller has a more immediate impact, and he returns kicks and punts extremely well, can be an effective homerun hit player we sorely need on offense.

#4 corner?!?! That's stupid statement. Haden will start from day 1. When did we get pro bowl corners that can't be replaced.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,953
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
In all honesty, it depends on what players went before us ? Which OT's are off the board ? Who were those first 12 picks ?

Guess you didnt read the original post. He wasnt asking who we should take if everyone was available. Obviously the Niners wouldnt pass on Berry. He simply wanted to know if you would take Haden, Spiller or McClain.

I got that. But I would want to know how the first 12 picks went, I also want to know what Seattle did (if they took an OT then they may take Spiller/Haden but if they took a QB they may look to take OT or Morgan if somehow he was still on the board).

I might look to trade back here possibly, as with Haden and McClain still on the board some teams might be interested to move up (ie Tennessee, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Houston) for one of those guys. Heck, New England could have interest to jump up for Spiller so that could be another possibility.
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Not McClain. This team can win now, Haden would probably be the #3 or #4 CB for us in 2010. Spiller has a more immediate impact, and he returns kicks and punts extremely well, can be an effective homerun hit player we sorely need on offense.

#4 corner?!?! That's stupid statement. Haden will start from day 1. When did we get pro bowl corners that can't be replaced.

Just like Malcolm Jenkins was gonna be a sure fire starter for New Orleans in his rookie year?

Clements and Spencer are definitely better than Haden is now, I think Tarrell could put up a fight to him.