Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If available @ No. 13

If available @ No. 13

Assuming:
1.) at this point in the Draft, Niners decide they will take at RT at No. 16/17
2.) All three of the above players are available and fall to Niners

[ Edited by MiamiNiner on Feb 14, 2010 at 14:43:24 ]
Haden is a clear #1 at his position, fills a immediate huge need, and is a top 10 pick that would fall into our laps. If Haden is available at #13 and we don't take him, it'll be the biggest mistake any team makes in the 1st round, even if the Jags take Tebow and the Raiders sign Ronald McDonald.

I will say, though, it could be situational. If the Hawks take a QB with #6, they'll probably take an OL at #14. If they take an OL at #6, they'll probably take Spiller at #14. So if the Hawks go QB with their first pick, it's even more likely that Spiller would be available at #17. I'd be more than happy to take an RT in the 2nd round if it means coming out of the first with Haden and Spiller.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Haden is a clear #1 at his position, fills a immediate huge need, and is a top 10 pick that would fall into our laps. If Haden is available at #13 and we don't take him, it'll be the biggest mistake any team makes in the 1st round, even if the Jags take Tebow and the Raiders sign Ronald McDonald.

I will say, though, it could be situational. If the Hawks take a QB with #6, they'll probably take an OL at #14. If they take an OL at #6, they'll probably take Spiller at #14. So if the Hawks go QB with their first pick, it's even more likely that Spiller would be available at #17. I'd be more than happy to take an RT in the 2nd round if it means coming out of the first with Haden and Spiller.

For me it's between Spiller and Haden also
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

I would not discount them going S or DL at 14 if they go OL at 6. They may even trade down from 14 if an opportunity arises as they have no 3rd so to pick up a later 1st and an additional 2nd could go a long way for the new regime in building the team their way.
Dez Bryant. You can complain about position, but talent is talent. Those other three would be nice also.

My guess is McC will sit at 13 and wait on one of the players on that list to fall.
Originally posted by nannite:
Dez Bryant. You can complain about position, but talent is talent. Those other three would be nice also.

My guess is McC will sit at 13 and wait on one of the players on that list to fall.

he will not take dez even though i wouldnt mind and would actually like him to, he just wont do it since crabtree fell to us last yr
It's a tougher question than it first seems. Personally, I don't want us to draft McClain that high; however, I'm not certain that Scott would draft Haden or Spiller that high either.

Haden: Scott has publically said that he prefers signing veteran CBs or selecting them later in the draft. So far, he's done just that, so he'd really have to be blown away by Haden to pick him with our first pick.

As for Spiller, I think Scott would be hard pressed to draft a RB in round 1, especially after finding Gore in the 3rd and selecting Coffee last year. His special teams talent certainly helps, but I don't think that'll enough to convince our draft War Room.

Now, McClain, while I'm not overly impressed with him, he's a solid prospect. I certainly wouldn't throw him in Mayo's and Willis' class though. Plus, almost every year, stud ILBs fall to the 2nd (D. Harris, D. Ryans, P. Posluszny, etc). Scott strikes me as a guy that loves to draft for value, above anything else. For that reason, I don't think the McClain pick makes to much sense.

I think McClain and Spiller would have the most immediate impact for the team. McClain would challenge Takeo for the TED position and would likely beat him out by the end of the year. Spiller, on the other hand, would enter training camp as our #1 returner and it wouldn't take long for him to beat out Coffee for the #2 spot. When we shift to our pass-heavy offense, Spiller would pay dividends early as our back.

My rankings:
1. Spiller
2. Haden
3. McClain

I have a feeling that Scott would rank McClain higher though.

Dont question Ronald's 40 time when the hamburgler is chasing him.

Haden>Spiller>McClain, even though McClain will be defensive rookie of the year.
1) Spiller
2) Haden
3) McClain
OT
Spiller over Haden?! I'd never take a scat-back over a #1 corner
Remember, Scot's a BPA kind of guy...and it's hard to tell how his mind works. He could grade any of these three the best choice, and nothing would surprise me. I suppose I could live with any of them.
Like Spiller a lot but Joe Haden is clearly the best player and plays the most valuable position.

Haden 1
Spiller 2
Mcclain 3
Are you guys serious? Really, Spiller is that close?

I am an avid Spiller fan where his jock is on display in the rec room...lol. Seriously, above Haden? I didn't like Haden to begin with, but after heavy scrutiny, I was sold!

This top seven pick lands in our laps, we thank God and celebrate like we did with Crabtree!

Spiller over Haden?

[ Edited by ninertico on Feb 13, 2010 at 20:52:11 ]
Haden>>>>>Spiller