Not a member? Register Now!

Iupati vs Rachal

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Rachel who?

shes bonerific

No she's not. You guys and your pedestrian taste in women. The big-boned Gina Carano and now this...
This will become a moot point...because Solari's not likely to recommend Singletary take him. He's going to incorporate a good amount of zone blocking...which means the guys he advises Coach to draft will be more athletic, able to pull, run screens, etc. The maulers we have now in Snyder and Baas will be replaced by guys who're more well-rounded OL. So, I see someone like Alabama's Mike Johnson becoming our LG. He's versatile...played both OG and OT for Nick Saban. I really don't see Iupati in the new equation at all. Besides, he was really exposed during the entire Senior Bowl week for his weak pass protection skills. Chilo should definitely benefit from Solari and Ray Brown's coaching...he'll become a much more well-rounded OG.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Iupati is a lot like what we have now, big guy with a lot of power and no technique!
So, if we can teach him how to play why not teach the guys you got now and draft a G later in the draft?

exactly what i've been trying to say....what the hell is the difference. Don't waste a good first round pick on a potential backup player.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This will become a moot point...because Solari's not likely to recommend Singletary take him. He's going to incorporate a good amount of zone blocking...which means the guys he advises Coach to draft will be more athletic, able to pull, run screens, etc. The maulers we have now in Snyder and Baas will be replaced by guys who're more well-rounded OL. So, I see someone like Alabama's Mike Johnson becoming our LG. He's versatile...played both OG and OT for Nick Saban. I really don't see Iupati in the new equation at all. Besides, he was really exposed during the entire Senior Bowl week for his weak pass protection skills. Chilo should definitely benefit from Solari and Ray Brown's coaching...he'll become a much more well-rounded OG.

He was actually only exposed in the game when playing RG... During drills throughout the week, he was close to unbeatable. Then in the game, the DT from Georgia got the better of him on three occasions - all at RG. When lined up at LG however, he showed excellent pass protection and run blocking.