LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Would you guys be mad if we selected... (drum roll please!!!)

Tim Tebow & Toby Gerhart (sp) in the 2nd and 3rd round after say CJ Spiller & top available tackle (not my choice) with our first two picks?

Keep in mind this would mean a FS/SS in rounds 4-7.

Your Thoughts?
I wouldnt allow them off the plane
Originally posted by valrod33:

Toby wouldn't need to get on a plane, he can drive over
  • mod
  • Veteran
this draft makes no sense...
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Toby wouldn't need to get on a plane, he can drive over

not if he is New York for the draft.
No.

2 FB's wtf?!
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM ]
LOL. Talk about over reachings. I guess you don't consider 2nd and 3rd round picks as important high picks.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Tim Tebow & Toby Gerhart (sp) in the 2nd and 3rd round after say CJ Spiller & top available tackle (not my choice) with our first two picks?

Your Thoughts?

I'm wouldn't mind it at all.

I love Gerhart and with an OT and Spiller in the 1st we'd be set for game changer, Power back, and RT dilemma.

I won't lie, not the biggest fan of Tebow, but if Raye thinks he can use Tebow then great (wouldn't mind having him to run the Wildcat (or Laser) offense).

I think we have a good enough secondary, though I'd probably replace Tebow with a pass rusher.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Your Thoughts?

I'm wouldn't mind it at all.

I love Gerhart and with an OT and Spiller in the 1st we'd be set for game changer, Power back, and RT dilemma.

I won't lie, not the biggest fan of Tebow, but if Raye thinks he can use Tebow then great (wouldn't mind having him to run the Wildcat (or Laser) offense).

I think we have a good enough secondary, though I'd probably replace Tebow with a pass rusher.

I hate the Taser/wildcat... if we draft somebody only for that i'll be pissed
Originally posted by kronik:
LOL. Talk about over reachings. I guess you don't consider 2nd and 3rd round picks as important high picks.

You are entitled to your opinion just as I am, I never said we should do this but I was thinking; Norris is getting old, coffee didn't scare anyone on the power running side, and we need power back, a speed back & a kick returner (Spiller & Gerhart). We could also use a QB since most of you guys believe Hill is through and Davis is the next big thing.

Here's the outcome of such moves: cut Norris, Hill, Robinson. and replace them with Spiller, Gerhart, and Tebow.

Would you guys see this as an upgrade? I'm not to sure, really just bored as hell cause it's the off season. Needed something to talk about...

If we take Tebow before the fourth round I will be very, very unhappy.
if your going to be a dominant running team you need to draft for it, and yes I know it starts up front! These guys could give us a crazy rushing attack, hell even Tebow can run!
If we were to take spiller than we would not take gerhart.
Love Toby tho, I think he can be a good back in a two back system.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
If we take Tebow before the fourth round I will be very, very unhappy.

I like Tebow a lot, but id have to agree.
f**k yes
Share 49ersWebzone