LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 443 users in the forums

pwilly52's first mock ever (4 rounds)

1st round
13- Bryan Buluga, RT, Iowa
We all know our O-Line needs some fixing. No better way to fix it than by taking the best OT available in Bryan Buluga. Anthony Davis could also be a possibility here, but he will probably be gone by the time we pick.

16/17- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
Our pass rush was pretty damn good this year, ranking 3rd overall. Then again, a lot of those sacks came against teams like the Rams (although we can't disregard the 3 sacks we had against Manning, or the 5 sacks we had on Warner), so might as well make our pass rush much more consistent and lethal by taking Graham right here. As another zoner said, a good pass rush makes decent corners look great. Iupati could also be here, but pass rush would be a better option.

2nd round
49- Chad Jones, S, LSU
We need help at SS. Michael Lewis is getting older, and Reggie Smith has injury problems. Chad Jones is a tremendous athlete (baseball player as well), and there is no guarantee that Goldson could make the switch to SS without some struggle. Might as well take a terrific SS in Chad Jones. Reshad Jones is also an option here, as is Nate Allen, but Allen is more of a FS.

3rd round
John Jerry, OT/G, Mississippi
Jerry will offer some good depth to our line. He could fight Rachal or Baas for a starting spot, and can also play backup tackle if we don't resign Simms or Pashos.

4th round
Akwasi Owusu Ansah, CB, Indiana
He's a raw prospect, but very talented. He might not even be here by the time we pick, but from what I've read around here he might slip into the 4th round, so lets hope for the best! He would add depth to our CBs, and might even take over for Nate at some point.

Tell me what you guys think!
I am not so high on Graham as most others are here. But i like the draft. Nice work.
First one huh? It shows. Just kidding. Absolutely love it. Great job.
wheres the PR/KR help
Originally posted by noobie:
wheres the PR/KR help

Either in the rounds 5-7 or through free agency i.e. Reggie Bush, etc.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
First one huh? It shows. Just kidding. Absolutely love it. Great job.

Thanks man!
Its good great but we can wait 1 more round for Ansuh from the looks of Maddogs chart. If so we can grab Antonio Brown in the 4th then Ansuh in the 5th.:) Then it'd look identical to my draft.:)
Originally posted by pwilly52:

Tell me what you guys think!

Good job!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I got a feeling Bulaga is going to go earlier than alot people think, maybe the third tackle taken.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Its good great but we can wait 1 more round for Ansuh from the looks of Maddogs chart. If so we can grab Antonio Brown in the 4th then Ansuh in the 5th.:) Then it'd look identical to my draft.:)

Agree. Great mock & would like it

Good draft and throw in Roscoe Parrish for KR/PR
1a. Bryan Bulaga (OT)
1b. Mike Iupati (OG)
2. Jerry Hughes (OLB) - Trade up required
3. Jordan Shipley (WR/RS)

With the outstanding performance that Graham put forth at the Senior Bowl, I feel like he might have put himself just out of reach for us if we plan on using our 3rd pick to address the pass rush...

Jerry Hughes on the other hand could still be available in the late 1st / early 2nd, and would provide immense value for which ever team grabs him at that point. Given how perfectly he fits into our system, I feel it's well worth mortgaging future picks in order to ensure he ends up wearing a 49er uniform come the 2010 season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by noobie:
wheres the PR/KR help

Either in the rounds 5-7 or through free agency i.e. Reggie Bush, etc.

Chad Jones is a great kick and punt returner, and that's where his primary contribution in his first season would be - special teams - as he acclimates to the NFL.
wow so grahm has a good showing in the senior bowl & he jumps this high? i don't like that pick at all. i'd rather draft another o-lineman & secure our future. O-line is so important. f**k GRAHAM!
Originally posted by abowers1984:
1a. Bryan Bulaga (OT)
1b. Mike Iupati (OG)
2. Jerry Hughes (OLB) - Trade up required
3. Jordan Shipley (WR/RS)

With the outstanding performance that Graham put forth at the Senior Bowl, I feel like he might have put himself just out of reach for us if we plan on using our 3rd pick to address the pass rush...

Jerry Hughes on the other hand could still be available in the late 1st / early 2nd, and would provide immense value for which ever team grabs him at that point. Given how perfectly he fits into our system, I feel it's well worth mortgaging future picks in order to ensure he ends up wearing a 49er uniform come the 2010 season.

now i like your thinkin here! good picks!
Share 49ersWebzone