There are 831 users in the forums
4ML's Mock 1
- 1 2
Feb 4, 2010 at 5:59 AM
- 49ersBackOnTop38
- Info N/A
I like it. If things were to play out that way I would be very happy on draft day BUT to be honest, I think it would be a miracle to get gilyard with our pick in the middle of round 3. I do feel he has potential to be a first round talent but I feel he will fall to the middle or end of round 2. All in all, nice mock
Feb 4, 2010 at 7:33 AM
- 228niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,630
i like it, can't really complain with this one, i guess gilyard and mcluster are interchangeable
Feb 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM
- genus49
- Moderator
- Posts: 28,471
I like it a lot...but I also think you're not being very realistic with where some guys will go but you never know.
Hughes and Gilyard at their respective selections right now seems wishful thinking to me. Also not sure Rolle lasts til the 4th.
I'm also not a huge fan of Wilson. I'd rather go with Perrish Cox but that's personal preference.
Hughes and Gilyard at their respective selections right now seems wishful thinking to me. Also not sure Rolle lasts til the 4th.
I'm also not a huge fan of Wilson. I'd rather go with Perrish Cox but that's personal preference.
Feb 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Solid draft if it happened. I like Rolle a lot and don't think he'll fall that far.
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:21 AM
- cools
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,828
As far as our FA's, like your ideas, but i'd rather sign Baas to a longer deal
and throw in Walt Harris for Vet depth at CB, keep Sims around also to backup Staley or start at RT a few games if our rookie is not quite ready
Pretty sure L.Washington is going to be an RFA
Like the Bulaga and Hughes picks
Rolle, Im not so sure about, think he already has one foot out the door as far as the NFL goes, wants to be a Neuro Surgeon,
I kinda like the other FS named Myron (Lewis) from Vandy, he can also play CB
I'd pass on the OT in the 4th, the Niners will want to keep some Vets around with experiance, and you have already added a rook OT and OG
but if you want Render, you may have to get him with this 4th rnd pick, I doubt he lasts till the 6th
Instead of a FB (we have 3 Mo, Miller and Caulcrick) I'd look for a #3 blocking TE
and throw in Walt Harris for Vet depth at CB, keep Sims around also to backup Staley or start at RT a few games if our rookie is not quite ready
Pretty sure L.Washington is going to be an RFA
Like the Bulaga and Hughes picks
Rolle, Im not so sure about, think he already has one foot out the door as far as the NFL goes, wants to be a Neuro Surgeon,
I kinda like the other FS named Myron (Lewis) from Vandy, he can also play CB
I'd pass on the OT in the 4th, the Niners will want to keep some Vets around with experiance, and you have already added a rook OT and OG
but if you want Render, you may have to get him with this 4th rnd pick, I doubt he lasts till the 6th
Instead of a FB (we have 3 Mo, Miller and Caulcrick) I'd look for a #3 blocking TE
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:27 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,287
I'm not sure when Washington will be ready for action didn't he break his leg in two spots?
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:32 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,819
Nice mock. Think we have our fullback already on the roster.
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm not sure when Washington will be ready for action didn't he break his leg in two spots?
It was NASTY, literally the bone in his leg was sticking out. He had to be rushed to the local Oakland hospital to prevent infection. I'm not so sure he'll be near 100%.
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM
- 49erman5692
- Member
- Posts: 4,657
pretty nice mock
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:33 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
I wouldn't be upset of this happened, but I do think Gilyard will be gone in the 2nd, Rolle likely in the 3rd (if not higher) and Veldheer is not likely to make it out of the 3rd round. Now, stranger things have happened so your mock is a possibility, but these are very talented prospects you have projected fairly low, so I'm not completely sure how realistic it is.
Though I think you have him graded about right, I also wouldn't be shocked to see Cam Thomas picked in the mid-to-late 2nd, given the lack of NTs in this draft.
Though I think you have him graded about right, I also wouldn't be shocked to see Cam Thomas picked in the mid-to-late 2nd, given the lack of NTs in this draft.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 4, 2010 at 11:34 AM ]
Feb 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
Like the players that you selected and they would certainly fill needs. A few comments though:
1) Leon Washington - I would never sign him after that bad injury. TOo much risk and why would you need him if you are drafting Gilyard anyway?
2) I think there are several guys who you pick who will simply be gone before:
Hughes rd 2 (although its certainly possible he is there)
Gilyard rd 3 - I just dont see anyway he is still there in 3rd
Veldheer rd 5 - just too big and talented to last until 5th. Not that many good OT's
The Niners would absolutley love if the draft went this way but I just dont see that happening.
1) Leon Washington - I would never sign him after that bad injury. TOo much risk and why would you need him if you are drafting Gilyard anyway?
2) I think there are several guys who you pick who will simply be gone before:
Hughes rd 2 (although its certainly possible he is there)
Gilyard rd 3 - I just dont see anyway he is still there in 3rd
Veldheer rd 5 - just too big and talented to last until 5th. Not that many good OT's
The Niners would absolutley love if the draft went this way but I just dont see that happening.
Feb 5, 2010 at 3:41 AM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Looks like I need to do some homework and re-do the draft, probably after combine once there is more data on the players. Like I said, I haven't seen a lot of football this year, except the bowl games and senior bowl...and some youtube clips, so I don't know where everyone stacks up. Thanks for your thoughts.
Feb 5, 2010 at 3:44 AM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by cools:
As far as our FA's, like your ideas, but i'd rather sign Baas to a longer deal
and throw in Walt Harris for Vet depth at CB, keep Sims around also to backup Staley or start at RT a few games if our rookie is not quite ready
Pretty sure L.Washington is going to be an RFA
Like the Bulaga and Hughes picks
Rolle, Im not so sure about, think he already has one foot out the door as far as the NFL goes, wants to be a Neuro Surgeon,
I kinda like the other FS named Myron (Lewis) from Vandy, he can also play CB
I'd pass on the OT in the 4th, the Niners will want to keep some Vets around with experiance, and you have already added a rook OT and OG
but if you want Render, you may have to get him with this 4th rnd pick, I doubt he lasts till the 6th
Instead of a FB (we have 3 Mo, Miller and Caulcrick) I'd look for a #3 blocking TE
Good insight. I think Washington is a FA, and though his injury is a big concern, I think he will be fine. Blocking TE is probably a good idea.
Feb 5, 2010 at 3:47 AM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I wouldn't be upset of this happened, but I do think Gilyard will be gone in the 2nd, Rolle likely in the 3rd (if not higher) and Veldheer is not likely to make it out of the 3rd round. Now, stranger things have happened so your mock is a possibility, but these are very talented prospects you have projected fairly low, so I'm not completely sure how realistic it is.
Though I think you have him graded about right, I also wouldn't be shocked to see Cam Thomas picked in the mid-to-late 2nd, given the lack of NTs in this draft.
Taking notes.
- 1 2