
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
There are 581 users in the forums
Browse 49ers books and videos

Originally posted by ezekiel40:
I put up this poll in response to the other poll just posted recently about trading up for Berry with BOTH our first round picks, and I think most here think it would be ridiculous to trade both our first rounders to move up and get Berry.
But out of curiousity, If Berry falls to pick #6, our first pick at #13 and our second rounder total the amount of points to move up to #6. What do all of you here on the zone think about that if Berry is available at #6, or even #7?
I am not personally advocating this, however getting Berry at #6 and a RT at #16 would be something I wouldn't be upset with (even with the loss of the second round pick). Every year I hear people saying how teams would love to trade down but there aren't many teams willing to give up picks to move up. If he gets past Seattle to #7, Cleveland has shown a willingness to move down in the past. Maybe Holmgren would work with us on a trade.
I know it is a deep draft but i thought this would be a more even poll than asking whether to give up both our firsts to move up.
Thoughts?
Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
Originally posted by Envy:Originally posted by ezekiel40:
I put up this poll in response to the other poll just posted recently about trading up for Berry with BOTH our first round picks, and I think most here think it would be ridiculous to trade both our first rounders to move up and get Berry.
But out of curiousity, If Berry falls to pick #6, our first pick at #13 and our second rounder total the amount of points to move up to #6. What do all of you here on the zone think about that if Berry is available at #6, or even #7?
I am not personally advocating this, however getting Berry at #6 and a RT at #16 would be something I wouldn't be upset with (even with the loss of the second round pick). Every year I hear people saying how teams would love to trade down but there aren't many teams willing to give up picks to move up. If he gets past Seattle to #7, Cleveland has shown a willingness to move down in the past. Maybe Holmgren would work with us on a trade.
I know it is a deep draft but i thought this would be a more even poll than asking whether to give up both our firsts to move up.
Thoughts?
No. Whilst I maintain that our secondary requires immediate improvement we wont give up two first rounders for one player. We need playmakers and if that means we bring an OT and then the best available option from CB, LB/DE or OL then so be it.
Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!
If we do give up our second 1st round pick, how do you have Eric Berry and Bulaga???
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!
If we do give up our second 1st round pick, how do you have Eric Berry and Bulaga???
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!
Originally posted by ImaMod:Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!
I was going to post the exact same thing..If we get Berry, then select the BTA with our 2nd 1st round pick...But I was going to post Javier Arenas, hes an awesome returner and in the future might be a decent number 2 CB..
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!
If we do give up our second 1st round pick, how do you have Eric Berry and Bulaga???
We are giving one first rounder and our second rounder to move up. Thus we still have Carolina's 1st rounder. So we use our 1RD and 2RD pick to move up to take Berry. Then we take Bulaga with our pick from Carolina.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:Originally posted by irishluder:
Make it stop
Were not going to get eric berry, or any safety in the 1st unless they are by far the BPA and we cant trade back
If we could give up a second rounder and our extra first then hell yes. Make yourself stop.
1A) Eric Berry
1B) Bulaga/Davis/Williams
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)
Were do I sign!!