There are 225 users in the forums

AB's WebZone Divsional Mock Draft Thread- Discussion

7 picks in, not bad so far guys, so much easier with fewer members.

Ill give Solidg a few mins to see if he wants to change his mind, if not we'll go with his 1st choice for Oakland, Anthony Davis.
Man, KRS, you sure do love you some Clausen!

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

But the pick wasn't based on how I feel for him.

New coaching staff + new GM + aging (and as of late injury riddled) starting QB = time to find a new longterm answer. With a potential franchise QB falling to Seattle and having the chance to let him sit for a year or 2 and learn from MH, the pick was a smart one IMO.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

New coaching staff + new GM + aging (and as of late injury riddled) starting QB = time to find a new longterm answer. With a potential franchise QB falling to Seattle and having the chance to let him sit for a year or 2 and learn from MH, the pick was a smart one IMO.

Yeah, it's not a bad pick at all. I'm just kidding around from our conversation earlier.

Though, with Haden available, and maybe Davis too, or if Okung had been, I can't help wonder if they would take a chance and see if Clausen would still be there with their next pick.

I think there is 50/50 shot he would be in real life.
Smart money says Haden for the Raiders
but no one ever called Al David a smart guy
at least not in the last decade
It's hard trying to think like a senile old man
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Simple. Just take the fastest guy in the draft who everyone else thinks is a second rounder at best. The answer is painfully obvious.......

Dexter McCluster!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice pick. It's what had to be done. Even if crazy Al might go off the grid and do something different.
It's funny. I have a buddy who is a huge Raiders fan and I remember when Davis took Janokowski he went NUTS over a first round kicker. And now, that might be the best pick ol' Al has made in ages!
  • evil
  • Veteran

Yeah, it's not a bad pick at all. I'm just kidding around from our conversation earlier.

Though, with Haden available, and maybe Davis too, or if Okung had been, I can't help wonder if they would take a chance and see if Clausen would still be there with their next pick.

Safer assumption an OT would be there at 14 though. Bulaga, Williams and Davis still on the board, Campbell would be a reach at 14 but would still be there and don't rule out Charles Brown who played under PC at USC. Iupati could also factor into the mix.

Safer assumption an OT would be there at 14 though. Bulaga, Williams and Davis still on the board, Campbell would be a reach at 14 but would still be there and don't rule out Charles Brown who played under PC at USC. Iupati could also factor into the mix.

Yeah. Okung would have made it really interesting. They REALLY need the OT, so it would depend how high they are on Clausen vs. Haden. Because really, there is not way they pass on OT twice, even for BPA. If they took Haden, even if Clausen was there, they would have to take some kind of OL unless their was a crazy run where there was NOTHING of value left. And that's unlikely.

• evil
  • Veteran

Yeah. Okung would have made it really interesting. They REALLY need the OT, so it would depend how high they are on Clausen vs. Haden. Because really, there is not way they pass on OT twice, even for BPA. If they took Haden, even if Clausen was there, they would have to take some kind of OL unless their was a crazy run where there was NOTHING of value left. And that's unlikely.

I see it a little different. They could land Brown in the 2nd but they would likely trade up a few spots to secure him if they truly want him. A lot will depend on if they so choose to keep Locklear at LT or not. If they move Locklear back to the right side then either 6 or 14 will likely be an OT. If they are in the market for a RT they may hold off till the 2nd or trade back with one of their 1st round picks as they have no 3rd rounder. They also have a very VERY good OL coach in Alex Gibbs.

I also think they are more likely to take Morgan before Haden as they need pass rush moreso than a corner. 14 could also be a spot they take Taylor Mays as he is very familiar with Carroll's scheme and fills another major need.

Yep, same pick I made as Oakland in the other mock. Good pick
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The Jacksonville Jaguars draft:

Riley Skinner ? Bit of a reach no ?
lmao, guess I need to qualify my pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
lmao, guess I need to qualify my pick.

No no, please let us all assume it is Skinner.

FWIW I knew it was Morgan, just messin' around.
Share 49ersWebzone