There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB's WebZone Divsional Mock Draft Thread- Discussion

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
So, can we pick for Miami? It's been over 12 hours. I'm thinking WR here. They need more than Ginn and there are some nice values here.

Shipley, Gilyard, Williams, maybe even Ford.

hmmm, Id say Gilyard.

Works for me.

Hell no. I acctually have to work at work. Sorry. LOL. just kidding. I just selected and I would have to say that Miami has had the best draft so far.

That's right, they traded for Boldin. With this thing dragging out, I've kind of lost track of the trades. Not a bad haul for the Fins. You might be a bit biased on your assesment though.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
So, can we pick for Miami? It's been over 12 hours. I'm thinking WR here. They need more than Ginn and there are some nice values here.

Shipley, Gilyard, Williams, maybe even Ford.

hmmm, Id say Gilyard.

Works for me.

Hell no. I acctually have to work at work. Sorry. LOL. just kidding. I just selected and I would have to say that Miami has had the best draft so far.

That's right, they traded for Boldin. With this thing dragging out, I've kind of lost track of the trades. Not a bad haul for the Fins. You might be a bit biased on your assesment though.

LOL. Yeah. probably not.
ok, im gonna go ahead and make the pick, its gonna be a WR, maybe Gilyard?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Tico was on, sent him a PM....still waiting for him
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Come on tico...
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Come on tico...

Just picked...

Sorry fellas, I have been dealing with servers all morning and didn't even have a chance to check in...on a quick snack lunch...

If I don't get to the Atlanta pick after 30 minutes, could you guys agree on a pick for them as I am off to the races again...

Thanks in advance for the help...I know you guys can handle it.

Thanks again and apologize for the delay...

Can someone explain to me why the niners picked up Shipley if they already drafted Spiller in the 1st?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Can someone explain to me why the niners picked up Shipley if they already drafted Spiller in the 1st?

IDK
don't like that pick
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Shipley could very easily be our 3rd receiver and could very easily Be our 2nd leading receiver as far as production (over Morgan) While serving as a backup KR/PR. Personally i'd rather Shipley do the PR and Spiller at KR.

Spiller is a backup RB. Forget all the slot talk. Has he done it? yes. Can he do it? yes. But not as good as a real WR. Especially a WR like Shipley.

WR is a bigger need than some may think. I for one like the Shipley pick.

[ Edited by krizay on Feb 18, 2010 at 19:11:02 ]
I for one LOVE!!!!!! the Shipley pick!

Shipley would bring another reliable WR to our offense, and we can use all the help we can get! Shipley reminds me a lot of Wes Welker. He is very good in and out of his breaks and has excellent hands. Shipley immediately pushes Hill for the 3rd WR spot and I think he beats him out easily. Crabtree, Morgan and Shipley. Looks good to me!

This mock draft is exactly what I am dreaming of. Davis, Spiller, Hughes, Shipley!
Originally posted by krizay:

Shipley could very easily be our 3rd receiver and could very easily Be our 2nd leading receiver as far as production (over Morgan) While serving as a backup KR/PR. Personally i'd rather Shipley do the PR and Spiller at KR.

Spiller is a backup RB. Forget all the slot talk. Has he done it? yes. Can he do it? yes. But not as good as a real WR. Especially a WR like Shipley.

I like it. You need 2 KR on kickoffs anyways and that would give depth at a position that has no talent there what so ever. I think he would wind up being our number two WR also. Very comparable to Welker.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

I like it. You need 2 KR on kickoffs anyways and that would give depth at a position that has no talent there what so ever. I think he would wind up being our number two WR also. Very comparable to Welker.

He gives the team more speed at the WR position, is a better PR than Spiller (whilst Spiller is the better KR). He gives us a slot guy who is a bit similar to Welker like mentioned and was a good value in the 3rd round. He would help make the offense faster and more explosive and would be a tremendous asset on 3rd downs.
I loved Shipley in college and living in Ausitn, followed his whole career very closely. And while I have my reservations about whether or not he'll pan out in the pros, given the way this draft has fallen in terms of what players were available and the picks already made by the Niners, I would have no problem with taking a flyer on Shipley in this scenario.

That being said, I don't think in the real draft we will be lucky enough to be able to do this and will probably need to use our 3rd rounder on a pass rusher, secondary or an OL because we will not have done as well as we will have in this draft.

Also, a large part of Shipley's success has to do with his incredible timing and chemistry with Colt McCoy. He's pretty much the only person he's caught a pass from since he was a kid. (And he's had an equal impact on Colt's success). Whether or not he can find similar chemistry with another QB, or if he can be successful at the next level without being in that kind of rhythm with his QB remains to be seen.

The defensive systems and players he'll be facing will obviously be much tougher, and he likely won't have nearly the kind of comfort level with his pro QB as he will have with Colt.

In the perfect world, he slips a round or two, and a team that takes a second round flyer on Colt, takes Shipley in the 4th or so, but that probably won't happen.

Sounds good, just wanted a reason

I like Shipley and wouldn't mind the pick up
Originally posted by smileyman:
Hard to believe he's still available, but with a glaring hole at the position, the Bengals are thrilled to select the TE that most have as the #2 rated TE in the draft and around a top 50-60 ranked overall prospect:

TE, Aaron Hernandez, Florida

How much ink does one person need to put on his body?

For him, apparently until at least 54% of your body is covered. By the time his NFL career is over he might just be some weird shade of bluish black.