LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 453 users in the forums

Gamebreakers

Gamebreakers

WOW! i don't see how anyone is even close to spiller......nobody catches him.....ever. He reminds me of chris johnson....he can catch, run and is so dam fast. After looking at all the highlights, i don't see many players in this draft who are moreof a playmaker than cj......i want him now!

we can get a good OT and even guard or safety with the other 1st round or 2nd round picks but i don't want another team taking him....esp the seahawks who need him.
I'm liking McCluster now since he offers better value than the others imo. I think you can argue he can be a more dangerous receiving threat than Spiller while offering the same type of explosiveness as a part time RB and return man.
Antonio Brown looks more like Percy Harvin then any of the other guys. Its one of those things, you can spend the 13th pick on Spiller, at best your getting Chris Johnson at worse your getting Reggie Bush. With McCluster your getting at best Dunn, at worse he's Sproles. But depending on where Brown would go I think him or mccluster would be the lower risk higher reward pick. If Best falls to us in the second we take him, If not then we pick between Brown or McCluster.

I would have to say its best we take 1 and 2 a OT, and probably Brandon Graham or Earl Thomas. Then if the cards fell right we could end up with Jahvid Best in the 2nd. Or Brown/McCluster in the 3rd.
Originally posted by rivercity:
Agreed. Spiller viddy ends the conversation.

Spiller.
Jahvid Best Or Antonio Brown in the second or third round
[ Edited by dlance on Feb 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Here's over 8 minutes of proof:

CJ Spiller is a Poor Man's Chris Johnson
Originally posted by TlSSER:

actually he's a rich mans gamble because Johnson was a 2nd rounder and Spiller is destined to be a 1st.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by TlSSER:

actually he's a rich mans gamble because Johnson was a 2nd rounder and Spiller is destined to be a 1st.

Chris Johnson was a 1st Rounder.

Professional career
[edit] 2008 NFL Draft

Prior to the NFL Scouting Combine, Johnson was projected a second to third round draft pick.[4] However, at the combine he registered a 4.24-second time, which essentially assured him a spot in the first round and tied the all-time mark set by Rondel Melendez, a wide receiver from Eastern Kentucky, in 1999—the first year the combine used electronic timers.[5] This time was the fastest ever recorded for a running back.[6] Johnson was also fourth highest among running backs in the vertical jump with a 35-inch jump. His 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump was third best among the running backs.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Johnson_%28running_back%29
ehh.. thought he went at the top of the 2nd. oh well he shouldnt be considered a poor mans anything because he'll more then likely be drafted higher then that.

Share 49ersWebzone