LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Gamebreakers

Gamebreakers

There has been a lot of discussion this year about the Niners adding a "gamebreaker" like the Vikings Percy Harvin or the Eagles Desean Jackson. Which one would you pick and why? I was leaning towards Dexter McCluster in the 3rd round after his good showing at the Senior Bowl.
  • evil
  • Veteran
No Golden Tate or Jordan Shipley = poll fail.
Here's over 8 minutes of proof:

Agreed. Spiller viddy ends the conversation.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Here's over 8 minutes of proof:

Originally posted by KRS-1:

My intention was to target the whole RB/WR/KR hybrid gamebreakers. I know that Tate used to be a RB and Shipley also has skills as a KR, but I get your point.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Well here is the thing I think you get more bang for your buck if you go with McCluster....
Of course he isnt spiller and as far as us gettin McCluster in the 3rd that wont happen he will be gone by 15th pick in the second......

I would pefer to have spiller but a man of investment i went with McCluster
Spiller if he is there but he won't be IMO so I would have to go with McCluster.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

IMO Jordan Shipley will not be a gamebreaker in the NFL. You do realize that
even though he played for Texas, and played against Big 12 competition a lot of
those players will not be playing in the NFL.

Of course, I could probably say that about a couple of buys on the list.

Originally posted by rivercity:
Agreed. Spiller viddy ends the conversation.

Yeah if he falls to the 2nd round.
Watching the Spiller video reminds me of Chris Johnson. If the defender takes a bad angle, its over.
McCluster is the one I want, but only if we can get him in the third, which I don't think will be the case come draft day. He'll shine at the combine, so he'll make it into the 3rd.

I think Javier Arenas might be there in the third though, so I'd love to grab him to resolve our KR issues. If either one is there in the 3rd, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

I'm more concerned with the "playmaker" from a KR level than a 2nd/3rd string WR or a backup RB.
Here's some comparative highlights to help out the thread:

CJ Spiller

Jahvid Best

Dexter McCluster

Mardy Gilyard

Jacoby Ford

Antonio Brown

Trindon Holiday

Nice post! I want CJ Spiller
Share 49ersWebzone