There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49wyz Mock v1.2

Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G - Fantastic guard for the Titans whom is very underrated. He won't command Mankins type numbers but he is just as solid. 4Yrs

Ryan Clark SS - With Lewis and his pending retirement or possibility of being cut we need a backup plan while Smith and Taylor learn the position and Clark has been solid along side Troy. 2-3 yrs

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)- Love the job he did against Morgan in their Bowl game. He will make an Excellent RT in the NFL and we need one real bad.

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)- A beast off the edge. He will wreak havoc on opposing QB's. Drafting him will give us flexibility for the future. If Parys has another down year or Brooks was a one year wonder we can cut either one and still have depth.

2) Dexter McCluster (ATH) - This kid is lights out and hushed the doubters about his return ability. He is the game breaker we need to open up our offense and is the returner we so desperately need.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB) - Excellent small school prospect that is very raw but he can sit and learn. Once this kid learns he has the potential to be a #1 corner in the NFL and will be a fantastic ST player for us now.

4) Ciron Black (RT/G) This kid can play. He IMO can play both of these postions in the NFL. He was rated a first round pick before this past year. Snyder blows and I'm not sold on Pashos so with this pick we can let either of them go. Black gives us much needed depth on the O-line.

5) Marcus Easley (WR) - It is reported by his coaches that he has time constantly in the high 4.3 range and is very raw. But his speed alone will add another tool to speed up our slow offense and he would be an excellent option to pair up with McCluster on kick returns. His size at 6'2" will also make him a valuable asset on coverage for special teams.

6) Jim Dray (TE)- Second team all Pac-10 out of Stanford. Why? Cause the coaches saw what NFL scouts soon will and what Stanford fans have seen all year Dray's blocking is simply unparalleled at his position. We need that 3rd TE that we can block like Vernon to allow him to move to the slot on plays like he did in the pro bowl. Not to mention he has good hands and 6'5" which will also make him and excellent RZ target.

7) Travis Ivey (NT) - UDFA as of now but word about him is buzzing. At 341 pounds he has a quick first step and is agile for a big man. Watch for him at the combine. Kid can play. Watched some Maryland games and he was a force.

I know no Lupati but our middle was terrible this year and I want to go with a known commodity there.

What do you guys think?
[ Edited by 49wyztoscore on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM ]
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G - Fantastic guard for the Titans whom is very underrated. H e won't command Mankins type numbers but he is just as solid. 4Yrs

Ryan Clark SS - With Lewis and his pending retirement or possibility of being cut we need a backup plan while Smith and Taylor learn the position and Clark has been solid along side Troy. 2-3 yrs

I like the Amano pick up if the Titans don't resign him. Clark looks to be a solid safety, but do the Steelers let a starter go when their defense collapses without Polamalu?

Quote:

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm

I'd resign Baas too. He's RFA and is basically making league minimum. He'd make a solid backup guard in case either Amano or Rachal get injured.

Quote:

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)- Love the job he did against Morgan in thier Bowl game. He will make an Excellent RT in the NFL and we need one real bad.

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)- A beast of the edge he will wreak havoc on opposing QB's. Drafting him will give us flexibility for the future. If Parys has another down year or Brooks was a one year wonder we can cut him and still have depth.

If Bulaga is there when we draft I want him too. Graham would be a beast on the outside and even though I love what Brooks did the last half of the season I'm not confident in Haralson or Lawson.

Quote:

2) Dexter McCluster (ATH) - This kid is lights out and hushed the doubters about his return ability. He is the game breaker we need to open up our offense and is the returner we so desperately need.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB) - Excellent small school prospect that is very raw but he can sit and learn but once this kid learns he has the potential to be a #1 corner in the NFL and will be a fantastic ST player for us now.

I love McCluster too and I don't care about his size. The kid can flat out play. He has incredible quickness and tight routes when he lines up at WR and he can also return kicks. Nice pick here.

Quote:

4) Rashawn Jackson (FB) - He can catch and is a massive load as a run blocker at 240 lbs. I love Norris but he is slowing down and scares no one as a pass catcher. Jackson will be a great addition at FB but has the ability to be a solid ST contributor also.

5) Marcus Easley (WR) - It is reported by his coaches that he has time constantly in the high 4.3 range and is very raw. But his speed along will add another tool to speed up our slow offense and he would be an excellent option to pair up with McCluster on kick reterns. His size at 6'2" will also make him a valuable asset on coverage for special teams.

Don't like the FB pick. We've got Norris on the roster and Brit Miller. I think Miller can win the starting job from Norris and Miller is young. I'd rather take Freddie Barnes in the 5th, but I like the selection of a WR here since we need more depth there.

Quote:

6) Jim Dray (TE)- Second team all Pac-10 out of Stanford. Why? Cause the coaches saw what NFL scouts soon will and what Stanford fans have seen all year Dray's blocking is simply unparalleled at his position. We need that 3rd TE that we can block like Vernon to allow him to move to the slot on plays like he did in the pro bowl. Not to mention he has good hands and 6'5" which will also make him and excellent RZ target.

7) Travis Ivey (NT) - UDFA as of now but word about him is buzzing. At 341 pounds he has a quick first step and is agile for a big man. Watch for him at the combine. Kid can play. Watched some Maryland games and he was a force.

I like both these picks. We do need a 3rd TE behind Walker and Davis and a NT to groom for Franklin's replacement is nice too.

I like the draft especially since it's a logical one and it gets the kind of players this FO seems to like. Solid, low cost (relatively speaking), and still addresses the team needs). Good job.
Looks like you and I are on the same page.

I like what you've done here. I really wanted to get McCluster into my mock as well. Nice to see you got him in there but still dealt with other areas of need.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G - Fantastic guard for the Titans whom is very underrated. H e won't command Mankins type numbers but he is just as solid. 4Yrs

I like the Amano pick up if the Titans don't resign him. Clark looks to be a solid safety, but do the Steelers let a starter go when their defense collapses without Polamalu?

Quote:

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm

I'd resign Baas too. He's RFA and is basically making league minimum. He'd make a solid backup guard in case either Amano or Rachal get injured.

Quote:

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)- Love the job he did against Morgan in thier Bowl game. He will make an Excellent RT in the NFL and we need one real bad.

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)- A beast of the edge he will wreak havoc on opposing QB's. Drafting him will give us flexibility for the future. If Parys has another down year or Brooks was a one year wonder we can cut him and still have depth.

If Bulaga is there when we draft I want him too. Graham would be a beast on the outside and even though I love what Brooks did the last half of the season I'm not confident in Haralson or Lawson.

Quote:

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB) - Excellent small school prospect that is very raw but he can sit and learn but once this kid learns he has the potential to be a #1 corner in the NFL and will be a fantastic ST player for us now.

I love McCluster too and I don't care about his size. The kid can flat out play. He has incredible quickness and tight routes when he lines up at WR and he can also return kicks. Nice pick here.

Quote:

4) Rashawn Jackson (FB) - He can catch and is a massive load as a run blocker at 240 lbs. I love Norris but he is slowing down and scares no one as a pass catcher. Jackson will be a great addition at FB but has the ability to be a solid ST contributor also.

5) Marcus Easley (WR) - It is reported by his coaches that he has time constantly in the high 4.3 range and is very raw. But his speed along will add another tool to speed up our slow offense and he would be an excellent option to pair up with McCluster on kick reterns. His size at 6'2" will also make him a valuable asset on coverage for special teams.

Don't like the FB pick. We've got Norris on the roster and Brit Miller. I think Miller can win the starting job from Norris and Miller is young. I'd rather take Freddie Barnes in the 5th, but I like the selection of a WR here since we need more depth there.

Quote:

I like both these picks. We do need a 3rd TE behind Walker and Davis and a NT to groom for Franklin's replacement is nice too.

I like the draft especially since it's a logical one and it gets the kind of players this FO seems to like. Solid, low cost (relatively speaking), and still addresses the team needs). Good job.

Thanks. I totally forgot about Miller. Now I'm going to have to edit it.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm
Baas

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)

2) Dexter McCluster (ATH)

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB)

4) Kam Chancellor (SS)

5) Marcus Easley (WR)

6) Jim Dray (TE)

7) Travis Ivey (NT)

I would not sign any safety in free agency. Mark Roman would be better in my opinion due to his knowledge of the defense. Getting a guard in free agency(and re-signing Baas) would make the pick of Ciron Black a bit of roadkill in my opinion. I would rather see the team get a true strong safety prospect there like Kam Chancellor who could learn from Michael Lewis for a year. Other than those things I really like it.
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G - Fantastic guard for the Titans whom is very underrated. He won't command Mankins type numbers but he is just as solid. 4Yrs

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)- Love the job he did against Morgan in their Bowl game. He will make an Excellent RT in the NFL and we need one real bad.

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)- A beast off the edge. He will wreak havoc on opposing QB's. Drafting him will give us flexibility for the future. If Parys has another down year or Brooks was a one year wonder we can cut either one and still have depth.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB) - Excellent small school prospect that is very raw but he can sit and learn. Once this kid learns he has the potential to be a #1 corner in the NFL and will be a fantastic ST player for us now.

4) Ciron Black (RT/G) This kid can play. He IMO can play both of these postions in the NFL. He was rated a first round pick before this past year. Snyder blows and I'm not sold on Pashos so with this pick we can let either of them go. Black gives us much needed depth on the O-line.

5) Marcus Easley (WR) - It is reported by his coaches that he has time constantly in the high 4.3 range and is very raw. But his speed alone will add another tool to speed up our slow offense and he would be an excellent option to pair up with McCluster on kick returns. His size at 6'2" will also make him a valuable asset on coverage for special teams.

I know no Lupati but our middle was terrible this year and I want to go with a known commodity there.

What do you guys think?

Good mock. Would really like this draft here for the 49ers.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm
Baas

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)

4) Kam Chancellor (SS)

5) Marcus Easley (WR)

6) Jim Dray (TE)

7) Travis Ivey (NT)

I would not sign any safety in free agency. Mark Roman would be better in my opinion due to his knowledge of the defense. Getting a guard in free agency(and re-signing Baas) would make the pick of Ciron Black a bit of roadkill in my opinion. I would rather see the team get a true strong safety prospect there like Kam Chancellor who could learn from Michael Lewis for a year. Other than those things I really like it.

I would rather sign a back-up Saftey then draft one, that makes no sense and Roman is horrid so Clark is an upgrade IMO. Not to mention he can play FS and SS. I'm not resigning Baas. Amano is an upgrade and Black is depth not only at the Guard position but RT also. But I wouldn't mind yours either. Thanks.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm
Baas

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)

4) Kam Chancellor (SS)

5) Marcus Easley (WR)

6) Jim Dray (TE)

7) Travis Ivey (NT)

I would rather sign a back-up Saftey then draft one, that makes no sense and Roman is horrid so Clark is an upgrade IMO. Not to mention he can play FS and SS. I'm not resigning Baas. Amano is an upgrade and Black is depth not only at the Guard position but RT also. But I wouldn't mind yours either. Thanks.

I'm with you on the Roman position. I think he's no more than a backup at this point. I would resign Baas however, because you need depth and he's a much better backup than Wragge.
Free Agents:

Eugene Amano G

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm
Baas

Draft

1A) Bryan Bulaga (RT)

1B) Brandon Graham (OLB)

4) Kam Chancellor (SS)

5) Marcus Easley (WR)

6) Jim Dray (TE)

7) Travis Ivey (NT)

I'm with you on the Roman position. I think he's no more than a backup at this point. I would resign Baas however, because you need depth and he's a much better backup than Wragge.

Personally I like Wragge more than Baas. Every chance Wragge has gotten he has done well and will come at a cheaper price in the long term. He reminds me of Dahl but without the dirty play. Letting Baas leave and start somewhere else will help us next year on our comp picks also. I think letting him go will benefit us more.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Personally I like Wragge more than Baas. Every chance Wragge has gotten he has done well and will come at a cheaper price in the long term. He reminds me of Dahl but without the dirty play. Letting Baas leave and start somewhere else will help us next year on our comp picks also. I think letting him go will benefit us more.

Wragge is due $810,000 next year. Baas made $1.2 million this year, so it's not that big a savings. You do bring up a good point with the compensatory picks though. I wouldn't be upset if Baas were to be cut nor would I be upset if he stays (as long as it's not in a starting role).
i like all of the picks and FA pick ups and u didnt reach or take a person who shouldve gone like a round earlier either good job
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like all of the picks and FA pick ups and u didnt reach or take a person who shouldve gone like a round earlier either good job

Thanks.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Good mock...... IMO i dont see a OLB as that high up with all the options on the table for us..... Maybe Berry ..... Or Spiller first then best OT/G

But hey really acurate when a players were taken!!
Free Agents:

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm

Draft

What do you guys think?

Where do I sign? I love this mock. The only thing I would change is pick another SS instead of Ryan Clark. Doesn't he have health problems which may become an issue? The bolded draft picks are the choices which I like the best!

Originally posted by PTulini:
Free Agents:

Resign:

Sims
Franklin
Brooks
Wilhelm

Draft

What do you guys think?

Where do I sign? I love this mock. The only thing I would change is pick another SS instead of Ryan Clark. Doesn't he have health problems which may become an issue? The bolded draft picks are the choices which I like the best!

Thx