There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike D's Mock v1 Meat & taters

Doing this mock based on no big name free agent pickups and us resigning our main guys.

Round 1)
Pick #13: Bryan Bulaga (T) – Tackle is a huge need. I don’t like selecting a RT here but damn we suck at RT right now and Bulgara would be a great pickup.

Pick #17: Mike Iupati (G) – The best guard coming out in the past few years. Don’t put a lot of stock in his Senior Bowl game performance but look at what he did in practice. Only thing concerns me is his strength as I read a report he can only bench 400 max. That is weak for someone his size but will wait to see what he does at the combine.

Round 2)
Pick # 44: Reshad Jones (S) GA– Ranked second on team in tackles and led the team in interceptions. Will compete for the SS job in training camp and should win.

Round 3)
Jacob Ford (WR/KR) Clemson– Blazing athlete who can return kicks and has shown good potential as a WR in the senior bowl practices. Says he will run a 4.2 at the combine. Don’t know if he slips past Al Davis

Round 4)
Eric Norwood (DE/OLB) South Car. – Not sure if he lasts this long but according to MadDogs board he has a chance.

Round 5)
Colin Peek (TE) Alabama – He will be our blocking TE who can also catch the ball.

Round 6)
Brandon Deaderick (DT/DE) Alabama - Underrated prospect who played on a great Alabama defense.

Round 7)
Chris Hawkins (CB) LSU - 6'0 corner who led LSY in pass breakups and interceptions. Should compete for last CB spot.
[ Edited by miked1978 on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM ]
who returns kicks for us?
Originally posted by valrod33:
good draft ovr except for two things:
1)kick returner??? edit: sorry, you got ford (not floyd :D) on your list, didnt see that til now. but two safeties back-to-back???
2)my opinion: dont want to see the niners drafting for o-line with both firstrounders.
why? even a 2nd round-guard should be more than enough. the guard depth (by quality from niners-view) is big enough to wait until the 2nd.

really good thing: pass rusher in later rounds...but i doubt that norwood is available with our 4thround-pick.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 1, 2010 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

i guess i should have read the descriptions after the names
Ford will be drafted in the 1st, by the raiders of course. So we should look for the 2nd fastest man in college football. Then again, the raiders will pick him with their #2 pick. We're screwed.
Ford will be drafted in the 1st, by the raiders of course. So we should look for the 2nd fastest man in college football. Then again, the raiders will pick him with their #2 pick. We're screwed.
FAIL, they will draft TAYLOR MAYS with their first :D
Who the heck is Brian Bulgara?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Who the heck is Brian Bulgara?

aka Bulaga
Originally posted by communist:
good draft ovr except for two things:
1)kick returner??? edit: sorry, you got floyd on your list, didnt see that til now. but two safeties back-to-back???
2)my opinion: dont want to see the niners drafting for o-line with both firstrounders.
why? even a 2nd round-guard should be more than enough. the guard depth (by quality from niners-view) is big enough to wait until the 2nd.

really good thing: pass rusher in later rounds...but i doubt that norwood is available with our 4thround-pick.

I see your point regarding 2 olineman in the first but I firmly believe that if you have an excellent oline then you have an excellent offense so why not sew up the oline now for years to come. If Spiller is gone this is what I want us to do.
Originally posted by miked1978:

I see your point regarding 2 olineman in the first but I firmly believe that if you have an excellent oline then you have an excellent offense so why not sew up the oline now for years to come. If Spiller is gone this is what I want us to do.
i think that we could argue about that for years...I dont think that there is such a big difference between iupati and pouncey/ducasse/johnson...my gut feelings say that some guys overrate iupati's potential impact a little bit, compared to ducasse/pouncey/johnson.

Duh round three jacoby ford
If Spiller is gone I want OL & Brandon Graham

Want Ford so much, there is no substitute for speed!
Originally posted by kunged:

Want Ford so much, there is no substitute for speed!

I know right, just ask the raiders