LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Dynasty Mock 2.0

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Lefevour is going to go much higher. I like him too. But he's not available where you are projecting. He's moving up the boards fast and may go as high as 2nd or 3rd round. Something about him seems like a gamer. He's very accurate and clutch. Somebody may pick him in the 2nd. In fact I don't mind if we do. He reminds me of Drew Brees but bigger. Extremely accurate and a good decision maker and a good enough athlete to be a good NFL player. When all is said and done I don't think it's a reach to take him in the 2nd. He's that good.

2) Snyder - No way I cut him. He's a good backup Guard. He's pretty bad at pass blocking at Tackle but Tackle is not his best and most natural position. As often as our Guards and Tackles get hurt we don't want to cut depth. He was just forced into Tackle because our Tackles have a knack for being injured every single year. I don't know how they manage it but they do.

Alualu will not be there in the 4th either after his strong Senior Bowl performance. He will be gone by the late 2nd as a 3-4 DE. Owusu-Ansah might be there and might not based on his value as a CB and KR.

I actually like one thing about your draft.......Angerer in the sixth is a solid pickup. Should be a good ILB and special teams guy like McKillop.
If you put Austin Lane in as the 3rd round pick that might be a good draft to me. I feel like we could go this season without adding an new CB to the rotation as long as we keep the stout DL and pass rush going. Look we've got . Spencer, Clements, Brown, and possibly Bly if he's resigned or Walt Harris.But I'd be happy to see us get a Tackle, Safety, WR/KR, and Lane. Only if Lane can convert, he looks kinda big ala Willie McGinnis , does anyone know if Lane has the ability to convert to OLB? If not we may have to go OT/ Graham , Then Marty , then a Myron Rolle in the 3rd.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Wont happen no way will they pay pashos starter money and then draft a tackle with the first pick. So you would have starting money on the bench? If they resign pashos he is the starter they might take a tackle in the later rounds though. And no pashos isnt going to sign for backup money he wants to start and at his age he probly can find a team.

Who said we were going to pay Pashos starter's salary? He didn't earn it with his play. He will not get paid as a starter in this league. If we can sign him for a decent salary (which I think we will) then he will stay and compete. Pashos knows he has just as good a chance as starting on this team than any other. If not, then so be it.

Pashos is good when healthy. He just got hurt last year.

Pashos when healthy played for us, and was pathetic. There was a reason why he was cut, he doesnt have the edge anymore.

LOL. He was with us for like 1 week and was thrown into the lineup since the situation is so dire in SF at Tackle. It takes longer than that to even learn the blocking schemes or know the plays...

Get real seriously.

He was released because his salary was way to high for his former team. He can still play when healthy and was a good starter in the NFL for years.
I just dont see them paying 13 money to a right tackle, when they are paying something close to that for the left tackle. They probly can pay pashos less then they still have to figure out left guard free agent then your talking more money. I just dont see them putting that much cap towards the line when there are other options.
I just dont see them paying 13 money to a right tackle, when they are paying something close to that for the left tackle. They probly can pay pashos less then they still have to figure out left guard free agent then your talking more money. I just dont see them putting that much cap towards the line when there are other options.

I disagree. Paying for good talent on the O-line is not a bad idea at all. The Jets have a number one overall pick in Ferguson and another 1st rounder in Mangold. Is that too much money to protect your franchise QB and open up holes for your running back? I think not.

The Jets were one half away from a Superbowl appearance. Sanchez will only get better, but with an aggressive defense and strong o-line, your team will win more games than it will lose.

I have absolutely no problem paying #13 money for a solid RT, and neither should you.

The benefits will be more time for Alex to throw the ball and more holes for Frank to run through.

So, I respectfully disagree with your logic.
Dont get me wrong i would love to see a first round talent at rt but you have a lot of cap tied up on the line in youor mock. I dont see that happening. They have willis that needs to be extended vernon neeeds to be extended. Oh who is going to snap the ball on special teams?
i like the 1st 3 picks i think that will be the case.
OL with 1st pick
S or LB (if one of the top 2 are available) 1b
gilyard or a wr/cb returner with our second round pick

after that.....who knows
Dont get me wrong i would love to see a first round talent at rt but you have a lot of cap tied up on the line in youor mock. I dont see that happening. They have willis that needs to be extended vernon neeeds to be extended. Oh who is going to snap the ball on special teams?

Ah, how could I forget crazy man Brian Jennings. Okay, so now another one on the roster will be cut to get down to the final 53.

Another thing to think about, if there is no new CBA, then there is no cap right? So then the 49ers don't need to worry about having too much money tied into the line?

This could come back to haunt them if in the following year there is a cap with the new CBA.

I definitely see what you are saying.
Some of the later picks are ok, but you had a couple big misses. We still need a blocking TE/3rd TE. Aside from line, this is probably our #1 need on offense.

No OLB. We don't need another ILB. We need a bigger OLB to serve strictly as a pass rusher, and he doesn't have to be in the first 3 rounds.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Some of the later picks are ok, but you had a couple big misses. We still need a blocking TE/3rd TE. Aside from line, this is probably our #1 need on offense.

No OLB. We don't need another ILB. We need a bigger OLB to serve strictly as a pass rusher, and he doesn't have to be in the first 3 rounds.

Did you read who I picked up as a free agent? So you propose that I draft an OLB as well as pay Karlos Dansby?

Thats pretty wishful thinking on the FA list. At least you didn't peppers and mankins
Originally posted by noobie:
Thats pretty wishful thinking on the FA list. At least you didn't peppers and mankins

What's so hard to believe? They are all UFA!

Peppers and Mankins are RFA.

It is quite possible for the 49ers to obtain the services of all of the listed UFA.

I am interested in hearing why you think otherwise.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
No true 3-4 pass rusher.

*sigh*

I actually love this for an offseason....I do not understand the OCD with pass rush on this site. It is like 5th or 6th on things that need to be addressed this offseason.

1) OT
2) OG
3) Safety
4) Kick returner
5) Corner depth
Then...more pass rush...Brooks, Lawson and Smith did a pretty good job here last year and if the back end hold up a little longer we might get some coverage sacks to add to the totals.
i love the first 3 picks and the rest are good however i would perfer brian Bulaga over williams if hes avaliable
Not feeling the off season signings besides Neal.
Share 49ersWebzone