There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The answer is Dexter McCluster

• Crabby9er
  • Info N/A
Imagine two consecutive plays, on the first play this is what happens. Then the next play this is what happens. Dexter McCluster give us a burner to compliment Gore for the first time in his career not to mention he instantly fills a huge void by becoming our kick returner. He could easily fall to the second or even third round allowing us still draft quality players in our biggest holes.
are we playing on a 200 yard field now
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

You didn't hear? Where've you been?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I for one think he is the answer. More so than Spiller. He can add the same potential with 5ish carries. With McCluster IMO being the better of the 2 as a receiver. Thus allowing him to actually be on the field more. Then add in the fact we can get him 32ish picks later we get more bang for our buck.

The only thing Spiller has on McCluster is he can carry the load if something happened to Frank. But with Coffee, McC could still fill his same role if Frank isn't in the lineup.
What's the question?
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by valrod33:

You didn't hear? Where've you been?

damn, that gore run gives me wood. Also, that mccluster dude is very Chris Johnson-ish in that clip. How often does he do that and where is he projected to go in the draft?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
couldn't go in here huh?
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=136059
I agree BTW, I think it's better value than Spiller.
Originally posted by krizay:
I for one think he is the answer. More so than Spiller. He can add the same potential with 5ish carries. With McCluster IMO being the better of the 2 as a receiver. Thus allowing him to actually be on the field more. Then add in the fact we can get him 32ish picks later we get more bang for our buck.

The only thing Spiller has on McCluster is he can carry the load if something happened to Frank. But with Coffee, McC could still fill his same role if Frank isn't in the lineup.

Not so sure about that. With what he's doing at the senior bowl and after his combine performance (likely to only increase his already skyrocketing stock), I can see McCluster sneaking into the late 1st...very early 2nd at the latest.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Dude reminds me of DeSean Jackson. Jackson was only 169lbs at the combine and had some of the same concerns and teams are regretting not grabbing him earlier.
Go to Youtube and watch his highlight reel of the Tennessee game. He made a very good Tennessee team with Safety Berry look very foolish. They did a lot of him in the shotgun and watch what he did. He even broke tackles in that game and made an evil decleater block of a Tennessee defender. Simply amazing.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Not so sure about that. With what he's doing at the senior bowl and after his combine performance (likely to only increase his already skyrocketing stock), I can see McCluster sneaking into the late 1st...very early 2nd at the latest.

2 Thoughts here:

1. Spiller is bigger, faster and scored more TD's on special teams and on offense this year so how is it that McCluster has everything on Spiller?

2. Don't believe everything you hear during Senior Bowl week. McCluster is not going in Round 1. Never going to happen. No one drafts a special teamer in RD 1. There are a couple of running backs that need to get taken before McCluster gets a sniff.

I'm liking what I see here. Also probably doesn't fumble too much right? I like the way he carry's the ball.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nj49erfan:

2 Thoughts here:

1. Spiller is bigger, faster and scored more TD's on special teams and on offense this year so how is it that McCluster has everything on Spiller?

2. Don't believe everything you hear during Senior Bowl week. McCluster is not going in Round 1. Never going to happen. No one drafts a special teamer in RD 1. There are a couple of running backs that need to get taken before McCluster gets a sniff.

I'm talking in terms of our offense. We have a pro bowl RB and 2 starting quality WR's. McCluster is a better WR than Spiller especially in terms of route running. Which allows him more opportunities in the slot than Spiller IMO. While McCluster can still add speed for 5ish carries a game that Spiller would see.

Now if we were a team looking for a #1 RB. Spiller hands down should be the guy. In our situation. McCluster fits best. IMO
Originally posted by nj49erfan:

2 Thoughts here:

I have 2 thoughts:

1.) I'm a huge fan of Spiller, so I'm not sure why you're asking me "how is it that McCluster has everything on Spiller?" I don't believe that McCluster has anything on Spiller (and that's no knock on Dexter), with the possible exception of being able to play more slot WR (even that is somewhat debatable, but I'll give the edge to McC). IMO, Spiller is clearly the better overall prospect than McCluster so I'm not sure why you would ask me that question.

2.) Don't be so sure about McCluster...you might see him as a special teamer, but I can guarantee you that a lot of personnel people see him more as a Desean Jackson-type of playmaker, in the passing game mostly, but also in the run game on occasion, running the wildcat and also on special teams. He's a multi-dimensional offensive threat and much, much more than just a special teamer. Because of that, he could easily go in the late 1st/early 2nd.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 28, 2010 at 5:41 PM ]