There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Lunger mock

My first ever mock, so go easy...spaced out for easy reading!

Resign:

Barry Sims - (OT)

Tony Pashos - (OT)

Aubrayo Franklin - (NT)

Ahmad Brooks - (OLB)

Free Agency:

Will Allen - (FS - TB Bucs) - move Dashon to SS where he belongs

Leon Washington - (RB/KR/PR - NYJ) - helps immediately in the return game and will challenge Coffee for the 2nd RB position.

Draft:

1A. Mike Iupati - (OG - Idaho) - get the best Guard in the draft to help out our weakest position.

1B. Carlos Dunlap - (DE - Florida) - I love Dunlap; someone else will have to let me know if he'll fit in the 3-4

2. Selvish Capers - (OT - West Virginia) - will compete with Pashos, Snyder, and Sims for the RT position.

3. Daryl Washington - (ILB - TCU) - we have Willis, but Takeo isn't getting any younger, and we have little depth at ILB.

4. Amari Spievey - (CB - Iowa) - can never have too many DBs.

I don't know enough to go further than that in the draft.
A Guard with 1A... I don't think D. Washington goes that late. He's pretty good and very athletic. I see him going in the 2nd.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A Guard with 1A... I don't think D. Washington goes that late. He's pretty good and very athletic. I see him going in the 2nd.

With the guards we have, I think we have to.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
My first ever mock, so go easy...spaced out for easy reading!

Resign:

Barry Sims - (OT)

Tony Pashos - (OT)

Aubrayo Franklin - (NT)

Ahmad Brooks - (OLB)

Free Agency:

Will Allen - (FS - TB Bucs) - move Dashon to SS where he belongs

Leon Washington - (RB/KR/PR - NYJ) - helps immediately in the return game and will challenge Coffee for the 2nd RB position.

Draft:

1A. Mike Iupati - (OG - Idaho) - get the best Guard in the draft to help out our weakest position.

1B. Carlos Dunlap - (DE - Florida) - I love Dunlap; someone else will have to let me know if he'll fit in the 3-4

2. Selvish Capers - (OT - West Virginia) - will compete with Pashos, Snyder, and Sims for the RT position.

3. Daryl Washington - (ILB - TCU) - we have Willis, but Takeo isn't getting any younger, and we have little depth at ILB.

4. Amari Spievey - (CB - Iowa) - can never have too many DBs.

I don't know enough to go further than that in the draft.

Thoughts:

- Tony Pashos may flock to the Skins where Foerster is now the OL. They have a history together, and I expect them to continue it on-wards.

- Leon Washington will be a RFA this year. If he doesn't get tendered, it may be a good signing. At the same time, he'll be 28 years old at the start of the season.

- With the addition of underclassmen, I am not sure if it's necessary to pick Iupati that high. If we have that much "depth" at RT with your picks, Snyder or someone else is going to be bound to play RG instead.

- I like your 3rd and 4th rounders a lot. Solid choices.

- Dunlap is an odd fit in the 3-4 defense in my opinion. He's too skinny and lanky to fit as a 3-4 DE, and I am not sure how well he'll convert to a 3-4 OLB. With our competition at OLB already, I think it's a bit early to pick a guy like Dunlap. Plus I hate Florida defensive players.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can't be depending on Pashos or someone we already have to step in at RT. We need to use one of our first rounders once and for all on a RT.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
We can't be depending on Pashos or someone we already have to step in at RT. We need to use one of our first rounders once and for all on a RT.

This is a must!!!
Originally posted by cgida:
Originally posted by mayo63:

This is a must!!!

Agree
What's a "Lunger"?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What's a "Lunger"?

lunger - a person with pulmonary tuberculosis
Originally posted by valrod33:
What's a "Lunger"?

lunger - a person with pulmonary tuberculosis

Thanks. It's sad that he'll never get to see if his mock came to pass.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
What's a "Lunger"?

Another word for Apples
Originally posted by KRS-1:
What's a "Lunger"?

Another word for Apples