25.Baltimore Ravens: Jermaine Greshman, TE, Oklahoma

26.Arizona Cardinals: Jerry Hughes, DE-OLB, TCU

27.Dallas Cowboys: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

28.San Diego Chargers: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

29.New York Jets: Brandon Graham, DE-OLB, Michigan

30.Minnesota Vikings: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

31.New Orleans Saints: Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri

32.Indianapolis Colts: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

Note: Patrick Jira has contributed to NFLDraftcountdown.com, draftstudio.com and has worked for NFL draft anyalst Dave Te Thomas and ran The Recruiting Beat (www.therecruitingbeat.com)

Note: I think the 49ers will absolutely take Bulaga if he is available at 13 but im starting to think/worry someone may scoop him up ahead of us. If he is gone, I don't think the 49ers will reach on a OT at 13, I think they will look at the best players on the board. Could be C.J Spiller, Earl Thomas or Rolando McClain. If they do take Bulaga or an OT at 13, I think they will look at the best player on the board at 16 or 17 and I went with Dunlap because he is a top 10, maybe top 5 talent and he could play DE in the 3-4, DE in the 4-3 and even some OLB in the 3-4. The 49ers are solid at the DE spot but Issac Sopoaga is a 2 down player and Justin Smith will be in his 30's, plus the 49ers could use some more speed, athleticsm and pass rush from their interior D-Line and you get that with Dunlap. Getting a guy like him would almost kill two or three birds with one stone as you basically get a D-Lineman/OLB in one. I would love C.J Spiller and if he is available at 16 he may be an option. I also like Earl Thomas a lot, not sure at 16 though.

[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Jan 24, 2010 at 13:49:59 ]
idk, i like Bulaga, but rather take Hughes or Iupati at 16/17. And Tebow to MIN, would kill my father, who cant stand Tebow, and he is a huge vikes fan.

other than that good job Patrick.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
idk, i like Bulaga, but rather take Hughes or Iupati at 16/17. And Tebow to MIN, would kill my father, who cant stand Tebow, and he is a huge vikes fan.

Thank you. Yeah I have a hard time projecting Tebow anywhere. I personally don't think he is worth a 3rd rd pick let alone a 1st rd pick but some team will take him in the 1st rd. I think Hughes would be a slight reach at 16 or 17 and I think you get more value and versatility with Dunlap.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Thank you. Yeah I have a hard time projecting Tebow anywhere. I personally don't think he is worth a 3rd rd pick let alone a 1st rd pick but some team will take him in the 1st rd. I think Hughes would be a slight reach at 16 or 17 and I think you get more value and versatility with Dunlap.

yeah agree about tebow, i just pray the vikes dont take him, ill have to hear it on draft day(Im always with my dad on draft day), and he will flip out, lol

And Dunlap, i like, just more higher on Hughes, so either is fine with me.
Tebow = Second Round to Jax

Think dunlap could be a boom or bust type. 3-4 OLB are pretty tough to project accurately.

[ Edited by noobie on Jan 23, 2010 at 14:00:54 ]
Originally posted by noobie:

Think dunlap could be a boom or bust type. 3-4 OLB are pretty tough to project accurately.

Dunlap is 293#s, don't think he will play at LB.

In this mock I would have taken Bradford at 13 with the hope of drafting Bulaga with the second pick.

I believe NE has Jax second rounder.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:

I believe NE has Jax second rounder.

Full 7 round order :

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2010.php
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Dunlap won't be an OLB in a 3-4. He'd be asked to play end. Best fit would be 4-3 DE.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Interesting scenario with us taking Dunlap. I would not be opposed to this at all. Very versatile and while I don't think he'd start in the base D from day 1 I do think he could be a part of our nickel D from day 1.
agreed dunlap is a boom or bust prospect and i think he has strength and speed to play at the end i think its matter if singeltary will make him less lazy or not
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida is soo bust!!

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 23, 2010 at 17:39:56 ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Dunlap won't be an OLB in a 3-4. He'd be asked to play end. Best fit would be 4-3 DE.

I think Dunlap can play DE in the 3-4, 4-3 and a pinch as a OLB in a 3-4.

I would love it if we got Bulaga AND Iupati in the first.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Yeah. I think Griffin would be better value and fit for 3-4 OLB. Watching USC games this cat covered TE like it was second nature to him. He is a freak.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home