There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Claussen has Rodgers/Quinn type fall, does he get to pick 14?

If Claussen has Rodgers/Quinn type fall, does he get to pick 14?

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by English:
Yes we pass on him. Same reasons as given in the various other QB in the 1st? Threads

Which is what? We're set with Alex Smith? ha!

No, it's that we need to address O-Line first before we can run any type of offense no matter who the QB is.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TJA85:
Yes we pass on him. Same reasons as given in the various other QB in the 1st? Threads

No, it's that we need to address O-Line first before we can run any type of offense no matter who the QB is.

3 picks in the first 2 rounds + anyone we add via FA means we could afford to spend 13 on a QB if one should fall.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

3 picks in the first 2 rounds + anyone we add via FA means we could afford to spend 13 on a QB if one should fall.

I agree, but I don't think we're going to be adding and OL via FA, especially because all the best free agents will be restricted.
I doubt he gets to #13, even if he does we won't draft him.

There only 2 QBs in this draft with first round grades, Clausen and Bradford. There are more than 2 teams that need a QB. Even before pick #13 there are Washington, Seattle, Buffalo and maybe even the Raiders that might be a possible landing spot for a QB.. Then there are always those teams behind #13, that might trade up to get a Clausen, like the Jets last year when they moved up to #5 from #17.

Bottom line.. I don't see Clausen falling to #13, but you never know..
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I agree, but I don't think we're going to be adding and OL via FA, especially because all the best free agents will be restricted.

There are possibly 1-2 guys who are UFA's that could challenge for jobs but adding some veteran depth to push Wragge, Wallace, Baas and Syder for a job would be nice.
face palm
No, We'll take him, considering ownership's ND roots and taking the BPA, I think Clausen would be atop the board. At the very least Clausen would be a valuable asset for the team
yes if clausen is there i wouldnt be p*ssed off but if we take bradford i'll be p*ssed i dont think he'll be good or i just think he'll be average and i dont want an average qb