There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bucky Brooks mock draft 1.0

Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by mebemused:
Might be a bad mock, but with 5 OTs gone by the time we pick at #13, somebody has to fall. Last year, a run on OTs let crabs fall to us at 11.

If we had a chance to pick up Berry and Hayden, would we do it, despite needing a RT?

What a secondary!

IF and I say IF, the board was falling this way, I could see the Berry pick at 13 but at 16/17 Scot may have a very hard time passing on Bradford/Clausen as the value would be tremendous and the team is not sold on Alex Smith longterm.

I'd say the opposite. They seem sold on Nate Davis as the long-term future (once he gets on the field) and with Harris hurt, Clements recovering from injury, and Tarrell Brown's lackluster performance it'd be hard to pass on the best corner in the draft, especially sitting at 16. If somebody wants Bradford the Niners might even be able to move back and get a few more picks.

What makes you believe they are sold on Nate Davis as the future ? The organization has given no hint that they believe he is.

What makes you believe that Clements won't be 100% by TC ?

If Scot believes either of those guys are franchise QB's he will think long and hard if they are there. They have not given Smith the seal of approval as the longterm answer and they could always take a CB with very good potential in the 2nd/3rd or trade back into the 1st if need be. Franchise QB is much more valuable to any team than a lockdown corner.
2nd best mock ever!

The very best mock is for someone who has the ball$ to predict we trade both 1st rd picks w/ the Rams and draft Suh. Then, wait to see who drafts Berry, offer them all of our remaining draft picks in exchange for him and that team agrees to the trade offer. Now, there's no need to FT Franklin because he's now a back up NT. Makes perfect sense!

Suh and Berry...BEST MOCK EVER!!

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jan 20, 2010 at 08:43:40 ]
This draft made me

but overall, it was
Hey Guys we're looking for a ROT, not a premier LOT. If we had the chance to get Berry I'm fine. I'm not so sold on Haden, but if we had more lockdown corners and a ball hawking safety, that has memories of 1981 to me. If you remember we didn't have anyone on the O-line that would be considered all-pro but we drafted Lott, Wright, and Carleton Williamson and had all of them starting the next year and look what that got us.
I would take thi situation in a second, but its not gonna happen. If it did, you can always get Ciron Black or Jason Fox, both solid tackles, in round 2. NEVER GONNA happen, but would make our D top 3 most feared.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
2nd best mock ever!

The very best mock is for someone who has the ball$ to predict we trade both 1st rd picks w/ the Rams and draft Suh. Then, wait to see who drafts Berry, offer them all of our remaining draft picks in exchange for him and that team agrees to the trade offer. Now, there's no need to FT Franklin because he's now a back up NT. Makes perfect sense!

what do I have to do to get this to happen?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kunged:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
2nd best mock ever!

what do I have to do to get this to happen?

knee caps!

take out their knee caps! Anything short of that! The only way to make this happen is to buy NCAA and Madden and export the draft class.
Is it just me.... or is this the second mock that has us taking Eric Berry? dam right we need him... but will he be there?
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Is it just me.... or is this the second mock that has us taking Eric Berry? dam right we need him... but will he be there?

I just can't see it. I can see him slipping to 8 or 9, but not to 13. I can even see Haden going before Berry (and I don't like Haden all that much). I just can't see Berry slipping that far.
Berry is going to have to kill all the mothers of the coaches of the teams drafting 1-12 to fall that far.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Berry is going to have to kill all the mothers of the coaches of the teams drafting 1-12 to fall that far.

Then Crabs should do the same , no?
  • kansas49erfan
  • Info N/A
What do you guys think 2 D backs for us in the first round?

Bucky Brooks Mock
Can't be upset with Eric Berry, but I would rather have Bryan Bulaga with our second pick instead of Joe Haden.
  • kansas49erfan
  • Info N/A
Yeah some O line help would be nice.
Not a realistic mock at all.. First of all it is totally inconceivable that Berry falls al the way to 13.. That's just not going to happen. He is a rare talent that will go in the top 5.

Second, I just can't imagine any scenario that would have us not taking an OT in the first round, even if both Berry and Haden were available, which that won't be.

Even if Berry did fall to us, we would use our second 1st rounder for an OT. But since Berry won't fall to us, we better use #13 on an OT.