LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Joe Haden

Originally posted by amigoj49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Is that video from 2008? His second year ever playing the position. He's a much more polished CB now. He actually got better as that game went on too, made a couple of plays at the end. He's the best CB in the draft for a reason, don't get too excited about one game (that his team actually won).

There are many draft prospects that are considered "best in college" that do not translate well in NFL. Hence, we have draft BUSTS. Our job in this forum is to raise any possible red flags so that we can be better informed.

Everyone has red flags, even those that are perfect prospect sometime bust. "paralysis by analysis"
Is that video from 2008? His second year ever playing the position. He's a much more polished CB now. He actually got better as that game went on too, made a couple of plays at the end. He's the best CB in the draft for a reason, don't get too excited about one game (that his team actually won).

There are many draft prospects that are considered "best in college" that do not translate well in NFL. Hence, we have draft BUSTS. Our job in this forum is to raise any possible red flags so that we can be better informed.

lol by looking at what he did two years ago while he was still learning the position? Watch some film from this year, he earned the tag of best Corner in the draft.

I am not saying that Haden doesn's have skills. And I understand that he was learning in 2008... But I guess from looking at the combine, he didn't learn to be "faster". SPEED is what I am worried about.

Watch him in his senior year and you'll see why so many people were surprised by his 40 time. He's not slow in the games.
Joe Haden = Lito Sheppard
Originally posted by GEEK:
I don't understand why CB is a first-round need when Clements, Spencer, and Brown are pretty much #1, #2, and #3 respectively on the depth chart.

The fact that Arizona, Seattle, and St. Louis are becoming more run oriented is another indicator that we can certainly address the position in the 3rd or 4th round at the very least.

Because IF Haden is there @ 13, it has nothing to do with NEED. He will w/o question be the best PLAYER available. And well, thats just the type of draft style we happen to go by.

TOO much is being made of his slow combine 40. He fits our scheme perfectly. He's aggressive, a heck of a tackler, and does have GAME speed.

Ever think maybe that he's just not fast running out of a track stance? Oh no, of course, that couldnt be.

A perfect example is Mario Manningham. The guy was a blazer @ Michigan, constantly running past people. @ the combine his 40 looked awkward and was terribly slow. Well, that hurt his draft stock, but i constantly see him running past db's on sundays. Why? Because he's not a track fast guy, hes a FOOTBALL fast guy.

What sport does Joe Haden play again?
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I don't understand why CB is a first-round need when Clements, Spencer, and Brown are pretty much #1, #2, and #3 respectively on the depth chart.

The fact that Arizona, Seattle, and St. Louis are becoming more run oriented is another indicator that we can certainly address the position in the 3rd or 4th round at the very least.

Because IF Haden is there @ 13, it has nothing to do with NEED. He will w/o question be the best PLAYER available. And well, thats just the type of draft style we happen to go by.

TOO much is being made of his slow combine 40. He fits our scheme perfectly. He's aggressive, a heck of a tackler, and does have GAME speed.

Ever think maybe that he's just not fast running out of a track stance? Oh no, of course, that couldnt be.

A perfect example is Mario Manningham. The guy was a blazer @ Michigan, constantly running past people. @ the combine his 40 looked awkward and was terribly slow. Well, that hurt his draft stock, but i constantly see him running past db's on sundays. Why? Because he's not a track fast guy, hes a FOOTBALL fast guy.

What sport does Joe Haden play again?

Agree, nice post.

No he didn't. the only play you could be talking about is on the out route, and that only got stopped because hayden and the wr got there feet caught together and both players fell and he didn't even get a hand on the ball.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by calbear:
Joe Haden = Lito Sheppard

I believe Lito Sheppard was pretty good in his early years into the NFL. Also the 49ers were trying to draft him but when he was drafted they took Mike Rumph.

If Haden is as good as analyst believe he is then I have no problem taking him at #13 or #17 if he slides. Taylor Mays 40 time will probably help him with all the controversy. Also his pro day, I'd be surprised if he doesnot do better.
  • oklasooners
  • Info N/A
Watch tape on haden and you will see he was helped mostly by the gators front seven pressuring the qb. youtube haden vs. lsu and you will see how much he gets burned because of his lack of speed. lafell blos past him all day. he is always getting called for holdng. I DO NOT Want HADEN! Patric Robinson is a gamer!
If Haden improves his 40 time at his pro day this week, you won't have to worry about it. The Browns would scoop him up at #7. Patrick Robinson is another issue. Apparently, he plays so inconsistent he will probably drop to the 2nd round. Look out for Kyle Wilson because of his size, return ability and post season performances.
dude you are looking at 2 years ago tape look at last years only like 1 WR got more than 50 yds on him this includes lafell julio jones and gilyard
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM ]

• evil
  • Veteran
What's wrong with the other Haden threads we have ?
  • oklasooners
  • Info N/A
j.jones had a disappointing year all season. and like i said him holding recievers to littleyards was more of the reason that the gators had a great front seven and was immediatly pressuring the qb.
  • 1love49erfan
  • Info N/A
I would not draft haden he has potential but will need a couple of years to develope an get used to the pros and his lack of speed just puts the icying on the cake he wouldnt be no instant help to us now . so no haden
wow we have a bunch of Al Davis here does game tape mean nothing anymore?
Lets all call Derrel Revis a bum too because he plays on the Jets and they blitz the QB every other play.
Share 49ersWebzone