There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terance Cody in the second round?

Would you be mad if we selected Mount Cody in the second round? I think he will be a top 15 pick. Look at what the packers did one pick ahead of us last year when they took the big nose gaurd from Boston College. I think Mount Cody is even better than him!

Say he falls to us at either 16/17 or second round and we already have a RT, would you be against selecting a 2 down player at that point in the 1st or second round of the draft?

your thoughts?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would you be mad if we selected Mount Cody in the second round? I think he will be a top 15 pick. Look at what the packers did one pick ahead of us last year when they took the big nose gaurd from Boston College. I think Mount Cody is even better than him!

Say he falls to us at either 16/17 or second round and we already have a RT, would you be against selecting a 2 down player at that point in the 1st or second round of the draft?

your thoughts?

Disagree that he is a top 15 talent and he is not better than Raji. Raji is/was more versatile and a 3 down player. Cody has proven to be but a 2 down player with weight issues and tends to fade late in games.

I wouldn't touch Cody in the top 20, maybe even 25. In the 2nd I'd be game.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
he may have some xtra value as a two way player full back.
cody looks like an ordinary fat ass dude who you would see walking into mcdonalds 1 day. weight issues will be a problem for him in the nfl. i dont want him unless hes there 3rd and beyond. just look at him on the field and tell me he doesnt look ridiculously fat.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
cody looks like an ordinary fat ass dude who you would see walking into mcdonalds 1 day. weight issues will be a problem for him in the nfl. i dont want him unless hes there 3rd and beyond. just look at him on the field and tell me he doesnt look ridiculously fat.

He just anchored the national champion D-line as an unmovable force!

Not to mention the fact that NFL contracts have money tide to weight issues and NFL coaches (especially sing) won't play with him in regards to his conditioning! So wieght aside, would you take him in the late first or second round?
Originally posted by KRS-1:

your thoughts?

Disagree that he is a top 15 talent and he is not better than Raji. Raji is/was more versatile and a 3 down player. Cody has proven to be but a 2 down player with weight issues and tends to fade late in games.

I wouldn't touch Cody in the top 20, maybe even 25. In the 2nd I'd be game.

if our defense trully calls for the NT to eat up two blockers, can you think of a better guy? I see him as a true NT! Not to mention he would be able to spell Franklin at times as well as learn from him. would a second be to much to pay for that? I would hate for him to end up with the Cowboys or New England.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Not to mention the fact that NFL contracts have money tide to weight issues and NFL coaches (especially sing) won't play with him in regards to his conditioning! So wieght aside, would you take him in the late first or second round?

And came off the field on 3rd down and played about 3 snaps in the entire second half because he's a waste against the pass. In a pass first league how much value does a guy like that have? Playing in the passing-challenged SEC covers his weakness quite a bit.
Originally posted by TX9R:

And came off the field on 3rd down and played about 3 snaps in the entire second half because he's a waste against the pass. In a pass first league how much value does a guy like that have? Playing in the passing-challenged SEC covers his weakness quite a bit.

We are already really good against the run, you add Cody and we may be great against the run. In the NFL if a team becomes predictable you are a step ahead. Not to mention teams would no longer be able to double team Cody, J. Smith, and Soap. Cody is also good at batting down balls as well as blocking FG's.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

We are already really good against the run, you add Cody and we may be great against the run. In the NFL if a team becomes predictable you are a step ahead. Not to mention teams would no longer be able to double team Cody, J. Smith, and Soap. Cody is also good at batting down balls as well as blocking FG's.

Exactly. So wouldn't it make more sense to address needs that stop the pass? How would we be a step ahead of anything?
Cody in the 2nd round is not a terrible option. It depends who's left on the board. Also players at need positions still left in the draft is also a consideration plus Franklin's contract extension status as well.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:52:09 ]

Exactly. So wouldn't it make more sense to address needs that stop the pass? How would we be a step ahead of anything?

GOOD doesn't get you to the playoffs or win you the super bowl in this league!
I look at him as the next Jammal Williams only if he can maintain consistency and we have the coaching staff to do it. Singletary and Tomsula will develop him well, IMO.

He or another NT makes sense if we only sign Franklin to a one year Franchise deal. If we sign Franklin to a long term deal, then NT may not be such a high priority.

I think this is supposed to be one of the best DT classes in awhile. Still, Cody at #49 seems like a solid choice, maybe even a great value seeing he was a 1st round prospect.

I doubt he fall that far though.
if he gets to the 2nd round i would take him in a heartbeat. you can never have too many good nose tackles on a 3-4. thats a position where u need depth. ive seen this guy push through 2 guards and the center on the same play, he's legit. even if he cant play 3 downs, a rotation of aubrayo franklin and terrence cody would be good for both of them to keep them fresh and keep our D consistent all game long. these are the guys who keep willis clean and allow him to be willis.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Against the run it does. Indy won it all with the 28th run defense. This is a passing league. You are embarassing yourself with each post.

Against the run it does. Indy won it all with the 28th run defense. This is a passing league. You are embarassing yourself with each post.

What's embarassing is the fact that you don't realize that Manning and the offense will take away the run by lighting up the score board, putting teams in a situation where they have to pass. You have to look at the entire game of football and not just the stats when you look at why a team is successful.

Colts philosophy: Light them up with Manning and co., and then get to the QB and attack offenses with Freeny, Bob Sanders, and company!

OWNED!

[ Edited by glorydayz on Jan 13, 2010 at 12:40:33 ]