LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Pick 49 Discussion

I know it will depend on what we take at 13 & 16/17 but I'd like to get some names out there of players we could take at 49. We all know about the first rounders we could take but not a whole lot of talk so far about pick 49.

My Favorites:
Perrish Cox
Jason Fox
Javier Arenas
Dexter McCluster
Mardy Gilyard
Morgan Burnett
Nate Allen
Donovan Warren (Probably won't fall to 49)
Patrick Robinson (Probably won't fall to 49)

Anyone to add? Don't like any of these players?
Arenas
  • evil
  • Veteran
Ricky Sapp
Jerry Hughes
Jahvid Best
Jordan Shipley
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If we don't go Safety in the 1st we must take one in the 2nd.

Morgan Burnett
Nate Allen
Taylor Mays - if available
Reshad Jones
Chad Jones
Major Wright
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Morgan Burnett
Nate Allen
Reshad Jones
Chad Jones
Major Wright

Agreed!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Javier or Jahvid

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 12, 2010 at 14:29:26 ]
Don't think he will fall that far but Brandon Graham
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Morgan Burnett
Nate Allen
Reshad Jones
Chad Jones
Major Wright

I 2nd that motion.
Originally posted by gilwankel:
Don't think he will fall that far but Brandon Graham

winner
0ur 2nd and 3rd picks have a combined value of about 600, which is roughly equal to pick 31 in the 1st round. I wouldn't mind at all if we were to package these picks up and trade up from #49 to the end of R1 or top of R2.

At this point the team needs quality, not quantity and 3 starters could put us over the top.

The 49ers could select:

1A - Iupati
1B - Bulaga, Williams or best available ROT w/o overdrafting
1C - Brandon Graham or DB.

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Jan 12, 2010 at 10:17:33 ]

• dman
  • Veteran
Nate Allen
McCluster or Perrish Cox. We need a top notch return man.
I hate to say this but this guy will get us to the playoffs. Trade our second for Donovan Mcnabb. What philadelphia did not do was put a big time power running game behind this guy. Before you guys go off your rockers look at what Denver Broncos had to do with Elway, they had to give he Terrell Davis. Switch it around, what do we have to give frank gore Mcnabb. Then we will win a championship.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
I hate to say this but this guy will get us to the playoffs. Trade our second for Donovan Mcnabb. What philadelphia did not do was put a big time power running game behind this guy. Before you guys go off your rockers look at what Denver Broncos had to do with Elway, they had to give he Terrell Davis. Switch it around, what do we have to give frank gore Mcnabb. Then we will win a championship.

We would have to get a new OC if we traded for McNabb.. He has played his entire career in WCO.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by ninerforyears:

We would have to get a new OC if we traded for McNabb.. He has played his entire career in WCO.
Share 49ersWebzone