There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can't pass 2nd rounder

I'm getting a feeling that by the time we draft in the 2nd round, there will be a prospect that drops that is valued as a 1st rounder, but will happen to be there. Calais Cambell, for example, or even DeSean Jackson, had this type of fall. This year, I have a feeling that either Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes, Brandon Lafelle, Jason-Paul Pierre, Sergio Kindle, Jermaine Gresham, Greg Hardy, or Cory Wooten, amongst others, could fall to the second (not all, of course, but at least one of them). Who is a prospect, that people feel we can't pass up on in the second?

For me, Gresham, Mays and Spikes would be hard to pass up on. Even though I really don't want Mays in the 1st, and think he has a huge bust potential, his ceiling is also insane, and I don't think you can pass on a guy like that in the 2nd. Same thing with Spikes. Gresham plays a position that we don't need, but he's so talented, and the possibility of Gresham/VD in a 2-TE set is just too much to dismiss. Greg Hardy is also too talented to dismiss.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Javier Arenas is another first round prospect that will be there in the second round. I would be elated if we were to land Arenas who would fill two immediate needs.
Originally posted by obx49:
Javier Arenas is another first round prospect that will be there in the second round. I would be elated if we were to land Arenas who would fill two immediate needs.

His return skills increase his value a lot, but he's tiny for a CB. I see him more as a mid-round guy.

Agree
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
i have a feeling one of the 3-4 olb with 1st round talent will drop to the second
I really hope it is Jahvid Best!!!!!
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree
If we want a RB, the 2nd round should be loaded with them. Best might be there.

I love Anthony Dixon. He's a big back and runs with power, but he moves like a smaller guy. Dixon kind of compares to Jonathon Stewart.

McCluster and Gerhart would also be great options. I have a feeling the team goes with a power back, rather than a speed back. I think Gerhart and Dixon are strong possibilities, but I'd be surprised if we drafted a RB earlier than the 3rd.

Since when is Arenas a first rounder?
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

In any other year, Arenas would definitely be a first round prospect. However, this is such a deep draft class with all the talented players coming out which results in players like Arenas dropping into the second and third rounds.
  • lions319
  • Info N/A

In any other year, Arenas would definitely be a first round prospect. However, this is such a deep draft class with all the talented players coming out which results in players like Arenas dropping into the second and third rounds.

This is a deep draft, but definately not at CB

I doubt it. This year's draft isn't that loaded, kinda weak in CB actually. Arenas doesn't have good size nor good speed. Also, he hasn't been a lockdown CB in college either so I highly doubt he would ever be a 1st rounder.
Originally posted by AC49er:
I really hope it is Jahvid Best!!!!!

man Best in the 2nd round would be amazing. i hope spiller is around when we pick with carolina's pick, i hope we get an OT or Rolondo McClain to play next to willis for the next 10 years with our original pick.
Originally posted by kronik:

I doubt it. This year's draft isn't that loaded, kinda weak in CB actually. Arenas doesn't have good size nor good speed. Also, he hasn't been a lockdown CB in college either so I highly doubt he would ever be a 1st rounder.

What about Arenas makes him a 1st rounder? And what CB depth is pushing him down?
Originally posted by strickac:

His return skills increase his value a lot, but he's tiny for a CB. I see him more as a mid-round guy.

Antoine Winfield from Minnesota (formerly of Buffalo) has a similar build and he's lasted over 11 years and was a pro bowl player. Sometimes the skills outweighs the physical talents.