LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 140 users in the forums

Jacoby Ford

I think this guy could be the Louis Murphy up this year's draft. Over-shadowed by a more explosive team-mate, in Murphy's case Percy Harvin, but explosive in his own right.
I really hope we draft Jacoby Ford, he would be a great slot receiver and will be able to get behind the defense. His vertical ability will compliment crabtree's style of play.
Originally posted by asakkings:
I really hope we draft Jacoby Ford, he would be a great slot receiver and will be able to get behind the defense. His vertical ability will compliment crabtree's style of play.

We also wouldn't need to spend the #13 pick on the same type of player. Imagine if we traded back !! We could grab a late first or an early second and get Takeo's cousin along with a Tackle. Then get McC or Ford later on. We need speed but we don't need to use the 13th pick on it.
13.9 ypc this year
12.9 ypc last year

~5 yards per punt return the past two years
less than 20 yards per kickoff return the past two years

Seriously?

[ Edited by znk916 on Mar 1, 2010 at 10:36:49 ]
Ford also helped inflate Spiller's return numbers. Ford was almost always paving the way for CJ and setting the blocks downfield that allowed him to get in the endzone.

These speed WRs are nightmares for defenses. If the QB is given time, the WR will beat his man deep. DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace did that numerous times last year.
Share 49ersWebzone