There are 165 users in the forums

Bryan Bulaga will enter the NFL draft

Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
YES!

We've got an excellent chance of getting a top OT now with Bulaga, Williams, Davis, Okung, and Campbell being in the draft pool!

Alex will be more upright next year! Woot!

Call me crazy, but I would take the corn fed Iowa player over the work out warrior OT from Maryland.

This is awesome news, Niners can take BPA at 13, if that is OT, great, if not, grab best OT left (Bulaga?) at 17.

I agree, I think most of us are in agreement one of the 2 1st round picks needs to be used on an OT no matter who is there
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
YES!

We've got an excellent chance of getting a top OT now with Bulaga, Williams, Davis, Okung, and Campbell being in the draft pool!

Call me crazy, but I would take the corn fed Iowa player over the work out warrior OT from Maryland.

This is awesome news, Niners can take BPA at 13, if that is OT, great, if not, grab best OT left (Bulaga?) at 17.

I agree, I think most of us are in agreement one of the 2 1st round picks needs to be used on an OT no matter who is there

Yep, one of them has to be OT ... this guy should be there at #17 allowing us to take the best player on the board at #13: Spiller, Haden, etc.
Originally posted by dman:
YES!

Yep, one of them has to be OT ... this guy should be there at #17 allowing us to take the best player on the board at #13: Spiller, Haden, etc.

Spiller would be friggin awesome
Awesome news!!!

Okung
Davis
Campbell
Williams
Bulaga

Two of these will drop to us at #13 for sure! Anyone of these would fit nicely at ROT for our team.

Great news indeed!

Now, pick Iupati next and we got our "Enforce our Will" OL that Singletary wants badly. I posted this in my mock thread:

LT-Staley, Sims
LG-Iupati, Baas
C-Heitmann, Wallace
RG-Rachal, Snyder
RT-Williams, Boone :)

Now that is some serious talent and depth. That OL can impose will on DLs, IMO.

It is what we desperately need more so than Spiller, Thomas, Bryant or any of the pass rushers at that time. As the offseason workouts and games playout, Iupati may not make it to our second pick if Seattle at #14 wants him especially if the top five OTs are gone by #13.

It will be an interesting first round for us.

Still, I am soooooo stoked Bulaga declared.

Now another question. Given J. Smith, A. Smith, E. Monroe and of course Blindside compared to this years crop of OTs, how would you rank all nine of them?

YES!

So would Haden. Not sure but keep hearing good things about Thomas the S from Texas and Major Wright. Not sure where they'll wind up but right now not hearing about them being that early.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
YES!

So would Haden. Not sure but keep hearing good things about Thomas the S from Texas and Major Wright. Not sure where they'll wind up but right now not hearing about them being that early.

Earl Thomas is a beast, but he hasn't officially declared yet - right?
Really want this guy in a 49er uniform. Think Justin Smith on the offensive line, that is what type of player Bulaga is.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Really want this guy in a 49er uniform. Think Justin Smith on the offensive line, that is what type of player Bulaga is.

Bulaga is a dominating lineman. I would love to have him on the Niners.
He owned Morgan in the Orange Bowl if anyone watched it. I am an Iowa fan so I was watching but all game my eyes were fixed on that big LT and crossing my fingers that he's wearing Red and Gold next year.

It would be great to have him and take him at 13 and then take BPA at 16/17. Why risk it?? The team goes no where fast without a big RT and he would get it done for sure!
Has he officially declared for the NFL Draft?

Originally posted by PTulini:
Has he officially declared for the NFL Draft?

yes
he had some thyroid illness earlier in the season--is that of any concern?
Share 49ersWebzone