There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis falling to #13?

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vermonator:
I think there's a good chance that Davis will be the last of the top five tackles available by the time we pick. Hell, there's a good chance that all five are gone and we may need to reach for Brown. That is if Seattle doesn't take him first.

Scot has said it already "WE WILL NOT REACH FOR A PLAYER". So don't expect us to "reach" for Brown, if we take Brown it's because the team ranked him as a top 15 pick.

There are prospects available outside the 1st round who could compete for the starting RT job from day 1. You don't HAVE to draft an OT, let alone a RT in the 1st round.
I'm wondering about Ed Wang or Safford at RT?
I'm not a big fan of Davis...of the supposedly top 5 or so OT's, he didn't show the mobility/athleticism OL Coach Solari's looking for. Having said that, Singletary has made it clear if he acquires a better LT than Staley, he'd move Joe back to RT. If he and Solari are convinced Davis has the right stuff to play LT, they could grab him. If most of the top OT's are gone, Coach could get BPA at #13 and then get Charles Brown at #17. That's not a very big reach at all...most have him coming off the board in the 20-25 range. He and say Iupati would be a very nice haul in the 1st rd. Brown's got the athleticism, can play LT and is a good zone blocker, all attributes Solari's looking for to get our OL where it needs to be.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm not a big fan of Davis...of the supposedly top 5 or so OT's, he didn't show the mobility/athleticism OL Coach Solari's looking for. Having said that, Singletary has made it clear if he acquires a better LT than Staley, he'd move Joe back to RT. If he and Solari are convinced Davis has the right stuff to play LT, they could grab him. If most of the top OT's are gone, Coach could get BPA at #13 and then get Charles Brown at #17. That's not a very big reach at all...most have him coming off the board in the 20-25 range. He and say Iupati would be a very nice haul in the 1st rd. Brown's got the athleticism, can play LT and is a good zone blocker, all attributes Solari's looking for to get our OL where it needs to be.

i take it you dont watch many rutgers games? if they want a power running team we could def use him. he used to manhandle his opponents
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by vermonator:
I think there's a good chance that Davis will be the last of the top five tackles available by the time we pick. Hell, there's a good chance that all five are gone and we may need to reach for Brown. That is if Seattle doesn't take him first.

Scot has said it already "WE WILL NOT REACH FOR A PLAYER". So don't expect us to "reach" for Brown, if we take Brown it's because the team ranked him as a top 15 pick.

There are prospects available outside the 1st round who could compete for the starting RT job from day 1. You don't HAVE to draft an OT, let alone a RT in the 1st round.

QFT
yeah it can happen it all really depends what seatle does
Originally posted by stever:
Imo, there is a quite good chance, there won't be on OT available at #13 for us :
I think McCoy could drop a bit because of his illness. This is nothing you can neglect. So here is a scenario
1) The lions really need an ot. They could take a dt (suh or Mccoy) , but i think they will pick Okung -> One OT gone

2) The Redskins are looking for an OT, too. Chris Samuels has retired, they signed Artis Hicks, be he isn't a lt. The skins need an LT, so this could be OT if they don't go QB. ->2 OT's gone

3) The Chiefs want to move Branden Albert inside to his natural position at guard. They have no real LT on their roster -> 3 OT's gone

4) The Seahawks really need a QB, a RB and an OT. The two QB's will be gone at #6, RB can be taken at #14 (spiller) or in the 2nd round (Matthews/Best/Dwyer), so another OT could be of the board here -> 4 OT's gone

5) The raiders ignored their Oline need the last few years. Look where they are now. This pick will be Campbell or Davis, no question -> 5 OT's gone

This would mean 5 OT's in the 1st 8 picks. Sounds crazy, but not impossible. And if some OT get past #8, here comes #9:

6) The Bills don't have a real OT on their roster. Brad Butler retired and Demetrius Bell played bad and got seriously injured -> OT #5 gone if somebody of the other 5 don't pick an OT.

Just curious since no one asked you about this. What disease does Gerald McCoy have that would cause him to drop in the draft?????? Are you sure you dont mean Renaldo McClain and his Crohns disease???