There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis falling to #13?

Specific question here. Could Anthony Davis fall to our pick at #13 if Seattle passes on him at #6 for Bradford?

It seems plausible considering the teams picking in front of us.

Miami - dont think they need a tackle.
Denver - same / drafted Clady recently as well.
Jacksonville - drafted 2 tackles early last year
Buffalo - not sure if they need a tackle
Oakland - would a tackle be BPA here? doesnt seem Al Davis would draft a tackle here
Cleveland - Have Joe Thomas. Wouldn't draft a tackle here.

So Cleveland, Jacksonville, Denver, and Miami would prob not draft a tackle this early.

That leaves Oakland and Buffalo. What are everyone's thoughts on the needs of Oakland and Buffalo. Will they go tackle here do you think?
Buff will probably take him or a QB....let's hope a qb
Originally posted by elguapo:
Buff will probably take him or a QB....let's hope a qb

...or dez bryant
Originally posted by elguapo:
Buff will probably take him or a QB....let's hope a qb

They should get a qb, unless they want to get Campbell or Vick
They are currently 2 tackles ahead of anthony Davis they are Russel okung and Bruce cambell

1.rams won't take a tackle
2.lions have said they are confident behind barkus they won't take a tackle
3. Bucs acually have a pretty decent o Line tackle is not a need
4. Cheifs I think would probally take berry okung or dez Bryant in that order let's say okung gowa here
5.redskins I think they part ways with cambell and new coach means new qb (first qb taken)
6. I think Seattle takes the heir to Walter jones Bruce cambell with this pick
7. Cleveland has a bunch of problems but o line not really a need so no o line here
8.I dint think al Davis drags o line in first round prob some physical player
9. Buffalo takes a qb new coaching staff=new qb(only claussen or bradford tho)
10 jax won't spend a pick on o line here with Monroe and Britton taken last year
11Denver has a solid o line
12. Miami also has a decent o line
13 i think anthony Davis does fall to us if he doesn't he would be taken by buffalo however if he passes buffalo we should be able to get gim
Is Anthony Davis the consensus #2 tackle in the draft? Over Bruce Cambell? Who would be a better fit for our line?
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Jan 5, 2010 at 5:10 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
They are currently 2 tackles ahead of anthony Davis they are Russel okung and Bruce cambell

1.rams won't take a tackle
2.lions have said they are confident behind barkus they won't take a tackle
3. Bucs acually have a pretty decent o Line tackle is not a need
4. Cheifs I think would probally take berry okung or dez Bryant in that order let's say okung gowa here
5.redskins I think they part ways with cambell and new coach means new qb (first qb taken)
6. I think Seattle takes the heir to Walter jones Bruce cambell with this pick
7. Cleveland has a bunch of problems but o line not really a need so no o line here
8.I dint think al Davis drags o line in first round prob some physical player
9. Buffalo takes a qb new coaching staff=new qb(only claussen or bradford tho)
10 jax won't spend a pick on o line here with Monroe and Britton taken last year
11Denver has a solid o line
12. Miami also has a decent o line
13 i think anthony Davis does fall to us if he doesn't he would be taken by buffalo however if he passes buffalo we should be able to get gim

Regardless of what the Lions say about Backus, they absolutely need to upgrade their OL. If they don't, Stafford will have a very short NFL career.

Look for them to draft an OT in April with their 1st rounder
I think Bruce Campbell is going to blow people away in the combine being this year's workout warrior. That alone should prove that if the Raiders are selecting a tackle, it would be Bruce Campbell.

I'll take Anthony Davis over him at this point.
I think there is a good chance Davis will be the first tackle taken of the board
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think there is a good chance Davis will be the first tackle taken of the board

Not Okung?
Teams ahead of us that could take an OT :

Detroit
Tampa
Kansas City
Washington
Seattle
Oakland (Al Davis would take an OT in the top 10 and has done so before)
Buffalo

And it's possible a team could trade up in front of us for an OT.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think there is a good chance Davis will be the first tackle taken of the board

Not Okung?


It's going to be close but I think Davis will end up being the first OT taken of the board
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Teams ahead of us that could take an OT :

Detroit
Tampa
Kansas City
Washington
Seattle
Oakland (Al Davis would take an OT in the top 10 and has done so before)
Buffalo

And it's possible a team could trade up in front of us for an OT.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Teams ahead of us that could take an OT :

Detroit
Tampa
Kansas City
Washington
Seattle
Oakland (Al Davis would take an OT in the top 10 and has done so before)
Buffalo

And it's possible a team could trade up in front of us for an OT.


While Oakland could take a tackle, I think they'll become infatuated with either Dereck Morgan or Carlos Dunlap. Regardless if we don't get Davis/Williams/Campbell at 13.......Bulaga, if he comes out will be their at 17. Makes sense because more likely than not he'll be playing right tackle. Then with 13 we could pray that Haden is available, but I doubt it.
Easy answer....yes he could.

Crabtree fell to #10.

Doesn't mean it's very likely though.