There are 211 users in the forums

What NFL vet would you trade 1 of our 1st rounders for?

What NFL vet would you trade 1 of our 1st rounders for?

Why get a unproven rookie when you can get a proven NFL caliber player without a significant cost (just for 1 first rounder). I can see either the Patriots or the Broncos willing to trade a player because they Belicheck and McDaniels are from the school of collecting draft picks. Maybe Holmgrin will be able to work out a deal with us even though I feel that Quinn would be the long shot out of the three guys I mentioned.
how about Jordan Gross
of those 3, Marshall.

we had our chance to sign Thomas, and he went to NE for less money, and now he is being phased out, since he is older and seems to have lost a step.

And not Quinn, im not liking the idea of throwing away another 1st on a QB, we need to develop opur own QB's we have.
none of the above
Brady Quinn? Are u serious? If dumbass Cleveland didn't trade up to get him, he probably wouldn't even be a 1st round pick when he was drafted. Now after his abysmal beginning to his career, you actually think he is worth a 1st round pick? LOL at the fact you think Quinn is proven.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM ]
Originally posted by saj4423:
none of the above
Matt Ryan
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'd trade both of our first rounders for Brandon Marshall. He's that good.
Of the three, Marshall. We need a true #1 and the thought of Crabtree on a #2 CB brings back memories of John Taylor tearing up lesser cb's. IMO a #1 wr can score from anywhere in the field, while MC has great hands he doesn't have the top end speed to take it 80 yards like a Steve Smith or Andre Johnson.
Plus you know the man can play in the league and we wont have to wait three years for him to develop like Balmer.
None!

Originally posted by crzy:

Supposedly they'll deal him for a 1st and a 3rd... cuz McDaniels pissed him off.
id take marshall no questions asked. young, proven probowler vs unproven, overpaid rookie
  • fly15
  • Veteran

I agree he's good, but whos gonna pass it to him. cause our bust only plays for 2 qtrs. and he sucks.

how about kevin kolb from eagles??
Originally posted by fly15:

I agree he's good, but whos gonna pass it to him. cause our bust only plays for 2 qtrs. and he sucks.

how about kevin kolb from eagles??

If BMarsh made Cutler and Orton look good he can make Smith look good too dude.
I'd consider it for Mankins. I mean if I had to choose between spending a 1st rounder on Iupati or a 28 year old guard who's made 80 of 80 NFL starts and two Pro-Bowls . . . not a hard choice.

Maybe not straight-up . . . say Mankins and a 4th in exchange for #17.
Share 49ersWebzone