There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My mock draft as of 12/30/2009 for first 14 picks

Got board and thought I'd give it a try:

1. St. Louis (1-14) Ndamukong Suh, DT - Have to go with best player regardless of position because they need everything.
2. Detroit (2-13) Russell Okung, OT - Need someone to protect their QB investment, especially now that he is completely knocked out fo this year.
3. Kansas City (3-12) Eric Berry, S - Like the Rams, have to go with best available talent on the board.
4. Tampa Bay (3-12) Gerald McCoy, DT - Get the DL help they need. WR too early for this pick.
5. Washington (4-11) Jimmy Clausen, QB - Now with Shannahan at the helm, need a QB for the WCO in DC since they have tired of Campbell.
6. Cleveland (4-11) CJ Spiller, RB - Have a feeling he will blow-up at the combines causing his mercurial rise here. Perfect fit for WCO now that Holmgren running the show in the front office.
7. Seattle (5-10) Sam Bradford, QB - Need that QB for the future since Hasselback is getting up their in age. The other option is OT Anthony Davis but have a feeling they believe QB has to be for the long-term.
8. Buffalo (5-10) Dez Bryant, WR - Now that TO warms out welcome, will need someone to take his place. Though a little high for eight, we've seen the Bills reach previously at their pick (i.e. Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin, John McCargo)
9. Oakland (5-10) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE - Another looks like Tarzan type for the Raiders who love speed.
10. Denver - from Chicago (6-9) Joe Haden, CB - Damn, they nab him right before us. Before people say why Denver does this because they have Champ Bailey, it is because Champ's contract expires next year and he is starting to lose a step with age.
11. San Francisco (7-8) Anthongy Davis, OT - We get our big RT for the next ten years and finally move the opposing pass rushers' Highway 68 (known as Adam Snyder) to the backup role.
12. Jacksonville (7-8) Derrick Morgan, DE - They need a pass rusher in the biggest way and he is the best available one at this slot. Still needs developing though.
13. Tennessee (7-8) Rolando McClain, LB - They are really good and deep for a 7-8 team. The only part of their need I can seem them addressing this early is a LB corp that is starting to age. McClain can backup all three LB positions while he learns the defense.
14. San Francisco - from Carolina (7-8) Mike Iupati, OG - Rest of pass rushers look okay but believe he will grade out better. And I believe a decent OLB/DE type will still be available at number 47 in the second round. Anyway, there is going to be some quality beef on the line next year.

BTW, just re-edited this since I was reminded that TB picked up a QB in Josh Freeman last year. Totally forgot about that.
[ Edited by KOniner on Dec 30, 2009 at 12:15 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
You realize TB just spent a 1st last year on a QB and he has played fairly well right?
Those are some sexy picks for the 9ers
Originally posted by TX9R:
You realize TB just spent a 1st last year on a QB and he has played fairly well right?
Originally posted by KOniner:

1. St. Louis (1-14) Ndamukong Suh, DT - Have to go with best player regardless of position because they need everything.
2. Detroit (2-13) Russell Okung, OT - Need someone to protect their QB investment, especially now that he is completely knocked out fo this year.
3. Kansas City (3-12) Eric Berry, S - Like the Rams, have to go with best available talent on the board.
4. Tampa Bay (3-12) Jimmy Clausen, QB - Best QB available for a team that needs it.
5. Washington (4-11) Sam Bradford, QB - Now with Shannahan at the helm, need a QB for the WCO in DC since they have tired of Campbell.
6. Cleveland (4-11) CJ Spiller, RB - Have a feeling he will blow-up at the combines causing his mercurial rise here. Perfect fit for WCO now that Holmgren running the show in the front office.
7. Seattle (5-10) Anthony Davis, OT - QBs all gone now so have to look at next best thing, protecting the QB they have now.
8. Buffalo (5-10) Dez Bryant, WR - Now that TO warms out welcome, will need someone to take his place. Though a little high for eight, we've seen the Bills reach previously at their pick (i.e. Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin, John McCargo)
9. Oakland (5-10) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE - Another looks like Tarzan type for the Raiders who love speed.
10. Denver - from Chicago (6-9) Joe Haden, CB - Damn, they nab him right before us. Before people say why Denver does this because they have Champ Bailey, it is because Champ's contract expires next year and he is starting to lose a step with age.
11. San Francisco (7-8) Trent Williams, OT - We get our big RT for the next ten years and finally move the opposing pass rushers' Highway 68 (known as Adam Snyder) to the backup role.
12. Jacksonville (7-8) Derrick Morgan, DE - They need a pass rusher in the biggest way and he is the best available one at this slot. Still needs developing though.
13. Tennessee (7-8) Gerald McCoy, DT - They are solid in the DL but with him still available, a no brainer at this point to pick up.
14. San Francisco - from Carolina (7-8) Mike Iupati, OG - Rest of pass rushers look okay but believe he will grade out better. And I believe a decent OLD/DE type will still be available at number 47 in the second round. Anyway, there is going to be some quality beef on the line next year.

1, Clausen isnt going to TB, they have Josh Freeman who hasplayed really good.

2. Gerald McCoy aint failling to 13, he is top 3 pick IMO.

3. Dont see Iupati going that high, rather have someone else.
Gotta give Freeman his props he has played well
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta give Freeman his props he has played well

Except that loss against Carolina when he threw 5 int's in the redzone. Uggh.....
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM ]
  • tap11
  • Veteran
As good as Berry is, it is unlikely that a safety will go third overall (and Pioli likes to start with the lines anyway).

Running backs are a dime a dozen and should rarely be picked until the late first. Spiller is good but not worth a high first.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by KOniner:

4. Tampa Bay (3-12) Jimmy Clausen, QB - Best QB available for a team that needs it.
5. Washington (4-11) Sam Bradford, QB - Now with Shannahan at the helm, need a QB for the WCO in DC since they have tired of Campbell.
7. Seattle (5-10) Anthony Davis, OT - QBs all gone now so have to look at next best thing, protecting the QB they have now.
11. San Francisco (7-8) Trent Williams, OT - We get our big RT for the next ten years and finally move the opposing pass rushers' Highway 68 (known as Adam Snyder) to the backup role.
13. Tennessee (7-8) Gerald McCoy, DT - They are solid in the DL but with him still available, a no brainer at this point to pick up.
14. San Francisco - from Carolina (7-8) Mike Iupati, OG - Rest of pass rushers look okay but believe he will grade out better. And I believe a decent OLD/DE type will still be available at number 47 in the second round. Anyway, there is going to be some quality beef on the line next year.

1, Clausen isnt going to TB, they have Josh Freeman who hasplayed really good.

2. Gerald McCoy aint failling to 13, he is top 3 pick IMO.

3. Dont see Iupati going that high, rather have someone else.

Regarding Iupati, I can see this as a possibility because he is the only one true first round guard that can play tackle, if needed. Also, with so many pass rushers like the following:

Corey Wootton, Northwestern
Greg Hardy, Mississippi
Brandon Graham, Michigan
Jerry Hughes, TCU
Ricky Sapp, Clemson
Sergio Kindle, Texas
Eric Norwood, South Carolina

One of them has to be available. Another option is USC S Mays but seems too much of reach here unless we trade back, which I would see as a strong option at this point.
Your picks for the Niners are exactly what I have on my mock board too. Good job
I love it, but most people will think it's not "sexy" enough.
I would love it.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Dec 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM ]
You're right, not sexy...........but I think I could live with it.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I love it, but most people will think it's not "sexy" enough.

I think it's sexy

much much better KO,

Watching the Idaho/BG game, im warming up to Iupati as our 2nd 1st rd pick. Guy is a beast. And from what ive heard he is a model citizen. Good charachter.