There are 992 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Little speedy recievers who could possibly play PR/KR

Well after seeing Jackson I'm pretty jealous. I know that a few of these types of guys were found last year in the mid rounds. Guys like Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, and Johnny Knox. We need a guy like that who can stretch the field and run by people. At the same time it'd be pretty dumb for us to waste a 1st rounder on that type of guy and I don't think there are any in the top of the draft anyway. That said, maybe later on?

I know OTC has said he likes Marcus Easley as a reciever who had some good games. I'm looking at stats and this guy Tim Brown from Rutgers is only 5'8'' but he had a pretty good year, is he fast enough? Who are some other guys that can get open deep?
Jacoby Ford Clemson
Late round or UDFA return men:

WR Patrick Honeycutt, Mid. Tennessee St. 5-9 172 4.49
WR Marc Mariani, Montana 6-0 185 4.50
WR Tre' Young, South Carolina St., 6-1 196 4.47

RB Deji Karim, Southern Illinois 5-9 205 4.46
RB Brandon James, Florida 5-7 186 4.42
RB Brandon West, Western Michigan 5-10 185 4.47

CB Jamar Wall, Texas Tech 5-10 203 4.52
CB A.J. Jefferson, Fresno St. 5-11 190 4.45
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Jacoby Ford Clemson

Hellz yeah.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Late round or UDFA return men:

WR Patrick Honeycutt, Mid. Tennessee St. 5-9 172 4.49
WR Marc Mariani, Montana 6-0 185 4.50
WR Tre' Young, South Carolina St., 6-1 196 4.47

RB Deji Karim, Southern Illinois 5-9 205 4.46
RB Brandon James, Florida 5-7 186 4.42
RB Brandon West, Western Michigan 5-10 185 4.47

CB Jamar Wall, Texas Tech 5-10 203 4.52
CB A.J. Jefferson, Fresno St. 5-11 190 4.45

Nice list OTC. We really need a guy to take care of this position for us.
How about Trindon Holiday from LSU? Isn't he a senior this year?
Jacoby Ford Clemson

Looks good to me. What round is he projected to go in? How much experience does he have fielding kicks and punts?
Jacoby Ford Clemson
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Jacoby Ford Clemson

Looks good to me. What round is he projected to go in? How much experience does he have fielding kicks and punts?

Round 2
He is more then capable of being a good return guy
He also would add a deep threat WR due to his speed....very very fast!!
Jacoby Ford Clemson
Roscoe Parrish.
Wait a year for one of the Rodgers Bros from Oregon State!

Watch them tonight on ESPN at 5

PURE speed
Brandon Williams is available -- oops, this should go in Free Agents.
Originally posted by kronik:

Holiday is a senior, and he's my not-quite-sleeper. He's super small (5'5", 160), but is one of the fastest players in all of college football (not to mention, one of the best punt returners). You could also play him 3-4 snaps a game at slot WR to get some speed on the field. Some people think he's too small, but I think it works to his advantage (especially on kickoffs since he gets lost in the mix, then makes one move and he's gone):

I also like Rutgers Tim Brown, and to a lesser extent, Florida's Brandon James and SMU's Emmanuel Sanders (5'11", 180). For a not-so-small but exceptional special teams WR who could end up being a bigger version of Wes Welker, Jordan Shipley is the guy.
[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by kronik:

Holiday is a senior, and he's my not-quite-sleeper. He's super small (5'5", 160), but is one of the fastest players in all of college football (not to mention, one of the best punt returners). You could also play him 3-4 snaps a game at slot WR to get some speed on the field. Some people think he's too small, but I think it works to his advantage (especially on kickoffs since he gets lost in the mix, then makes one move and he's gone):

I also like Rutgers Tim Brown, and to a lesser extent, Florida's Brandon James and SMU's Emmanuel Sanders (5'11", 180). For a not-so-small but exceptional special teams WR who could end up being a bigger version of Wes Welker, Jordan Shipley is the guy.

I like what I've heard/read about Sanders, he sounds like he might be the guy. I've seen Shipley play a ton and he'd be decent but I'm not sure what pick we'd spend on him. Tim Brown has good states but I didn't watch Rutgers play that much this year, is he the speed guy we need to stretch the field?