LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Bama's Linebacker starting to look like "LT"

Apples and Oranges
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Taylor was known for destroying the LT, RT, or RB on his way to rushing the QB. Didn't see much of that in the highlight video. Until he rushes the passer like Derrick Thomas, McClain shouldn't even be compared to Taylor. Junior Seau is a better choice.

Derrick Thomas?? Derrick Thomas isn't far behind LT, I wouldn't be quick to compare him with him either.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Could McClain go from being the MAN in college to being 2nd fiddle playing next to Willis? As the strong side ILB, his job is to take on blockers so Willis can make the tackles. Think of Plummer doing the dirty work for Norton.

hell ya he could, it isnt like he wouldnt get his opportunity to play and he would do it next to willis who would garner much of the offenses attention which would let him look like a beast taking open shots on running backs. Think of how dominate briggs looked when urlacher(sp) was playing next to him, and now how you dont hear his name when urlacher is out. Plus it would take alot of pressure off McClain being able to learn from takeo and patrick, if he was smart he would embrace not being "the man"

I think he's that type of cat. team 1st. plus he is already playing in a 3-4 scheme therefore he would fit right away not like others whom have to learn this new D. RTR
Originally posted by tmg808:
Taylor was known for destroying the LT, RT, or RB on his way to rushing the QB. Didn't see much of that in the highlight video. Until he rushes the passer like Derrick Thomas, McClain shouldn't even be compared to Taylor. Junior Seau is a better choice.

Derrick Thomas?? Derrick Thomas isn't far behind LT, I wouldn't be quick to compare him with him either.

In pass rushing Thomas wasn't far behind LT, but Thomas couln't play the run as well LT.
McClain isn't a pass rusher so I don't know why they would compare him to LT.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
"Yippee ki-yay, motherfocker!"

Lol!!!!!!!
McClain reminds me of a bigger London Fletcher.
Maybe it's the choice of highlights, but he looks very slow-footed. If I were him, I wiouldn't use that for my highlight film.
Could McClain go from being the MAN in college to being 2nd fiddle playing next to Willis? As the strong side ILB, his job is to take on blockers so Willis can make the tackles. Think of Plummer doing the dirty work for Norton.

What if McClain and Willis switched roles throughout the game??? The offense wouldn't know who to block...
Share 49ersWebzone