There are 181 users in the forums

a case for taking dez bryant if available

1. he is one of the best players in draft

2. if he has a crabtree like slide then he would be great value

3. while granted niners could use a playmaking safety, a pass rusher and olineman even more, if the players at that position are not as good as bryant, take the BPA

4. bryant with crabtree and davis could be a force similar to what pats have in moss & welker and what cards have in fitz, boldin & breaston
How about...NO!

See Detroit Lions for reasons why not.
Originally posted by genus49:
How about...NO!

+ we have enough young receivers already.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
If he can catch the damn ball when it hits him in the hands I'm all for it.

i wouldn't mind at all taking him if he there, look at detroit? ok, well look at arizona!, they took fitz eventhough they had boldin?.
- no doubt dez bryant would be a major upgrade over morgan, and crabs and bryant would make a great tandem to help alex smith production, not to mention bryant is a speedster and could widen the field. All im saying if berry is still on the board i wouldn't do it, but anybody else i would take bryant if he there.
Brandon Jones, who is already on the roster and getting paid tons of money, plus who is working into the offense, is the speed receiver.
Originally posted by rapid4:
Brandon Jones, who is already on the roster and getting paid tons of money, plus who is working into the offense, is the speed receiver.

Alex also had a very good connection with Jones until he got hurt. With a full offseason between Alex & these recievers it could be very good for this franchise!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I would do it in a heart beat. Because he is one of the better players in the draft.

If we keep Alex as QB. We will need to run the spread to be effective. Crabtree, Bryant, Morgan & Davis?

Plus what's the alternative to Bryant? RT? RT's aren't as hard to come by as LT's. We can get a good one with our 2nd 1st round pick or 2nd rounder.

Instead of Bryant we take a safety? Eric Berry won't be there. So no thanks.

Pass rusher? I could live with this. but who?

With that said, I wouldn't be all that mad if we passed on Bryant and took OT or OLB then got Tate or Gilyard with our 2nd 1st.

But I really, really really want one of these 3 WR's.
I'm all for grabbing Bryant if he were available....in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i wouldn't mind at all taking him if he there, look at detroit? ok, well look at arizona!, they took fitz eventhough they had boldin?.
- no doubt dez bryant would be a major upgrade over morgan, and crabs and bryant would make a great tandem to help alex smith production, not to mention bryant is a speedster and could widen the field. All im saying if berry is still on the board i wouldn't do it, but anybody else i would take bryant if he there.

And what am I looking at? A team that hasn't won a superbowl and likely never will.

Receivers don't win you championships. It's lunacy to draft another top 10 receiver when we have so many other holes which are much more pressing. Josh Morgan is a very capable #2 guy and we can draft a quick slot guy later in the draft.

Larry Fitzgerald was also a MUCH better and more safe prospect than Bryant is and had a connection with Dennis Green.

And Dez Bryant is a speedster? Huh? Compared to my grandmother maybe. That tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

How about...NO!

Myth: the lions' mistake was taking too many great recievers with top 10 picks
Fact: the lions' mistake was taking BAD players with top 10 picks (many of which happened to be recievers)
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
How about...NO!

Myth: the lions' mistake was taking too many great recievers with top 10 picks
Fact: the lions' mistake was taking BAD players with top 10 picks (many of which happened to be recievers)

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by rapid4:

Alex also had a very good connection with Jones until he got hurt. With a full offseason between Alex & these receivers it could be very good for this franchise!

+ Jimmy Raye returning as OC.

Keep some consistency on offense dammit!
I'm against this in so many ways. Careful we don't get greedy here looking for the flashy playmaker-heavy team. Don't forget why we've gravitated towards this "Spread" offense - we can't block. Period. Our offensive line can't hold up at the line of scrimmage to block for Gore or pass protect for more than 2.5 seconds for Alex, which is why the shotgun is so much more effective. I'm strongly in the O-Line camp here, and expect to see Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones, Davis and Walker play that much better with an EFFECTIVE Gore behind an improved O-Line.
How about...NO!

How about ...YES!

See Philadelphia Eagles for reasons why
Share 49ersWebzone