LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 583 users in the forums

Clausen & Tate declare

per ESPN

[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 7, 2009 at 10:09:18 ]
IMO expect Tate to follow soon
Not surprising with the coaching change and all. I expect Tate to be not far behind him out the door.
We won't be drafting Clausen, the Rams will though.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
We won't be drafting Clausen, the Rams will though.

My money is on Washington....look for a potential draft day trade....Washington trades with Cleveland....Washington takes Clausen and Cleveland takes Spiller.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Out of the current bottom 10, Cleveland, Washington, Oakland, and Buffalo all need QBs.

I don't see Detroit, TB, KC or Chicago selecting a QB.

St. Louis should, but I'm not sure they will.

I'd be surprised if he gets past the first pick (combine results pending). He is a pro-style QB.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Out of the current bottom 10, Cleveland, Washington, Oakland, and Buffalo all need QBs.

I'd be surprised if he gets past the first pick (combine results pending). He is a pro-style QB.

Quinn will be starting in Cleveland next year
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Nuns:

I would switch Oakland and St. Louis. I just dont think the Raiders will select another QB that high right now. Gradkowski is playing well and they have a LOT of money invested still with Jamarcus. The Rams absolutley need a QB of the future.

I think 3 QBs will go in the top 10:
Claussen - to Cleveland or St Louis
Locker - to Cleveland or St Louis
Bradford - to Washington or Buffalo
clausen and locker are the real deal. Hope the rams don't pick either up.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I hope clausen goes to washington.. Cleveland is a dead zone for anyone, and dont want him in STL for obvious reasons.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigfan:

I hope clausen goes to washington.. Cleveland is a dead zone for anyone, and dont want him in STL for obvious reasons.

No to Washington....I don't want him playing for Daniel f**king Snyder. Here is to hoping for either Shanny to get the Buffalo job and manages to leap up for Clausen or he slips to them or Denver trades up for Jimmy (they have Chicago's pick). Heck maybe Jacksonville can sell their future to jump up that high.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by bigfan:

No to Washington....I don't want him playing for Daniel f**king Snyder. Here is to hoping for either Shanny to get the Buffalo job and manages to leap up for Clausen or he slips to them or Denver trades up for Jimmy (they have Chicago's pick). Heck maybe Jacksonville can sell their future to jump up that high.

at least Snyder would spend the money to put the pieces around him.. Denver would be sweet too, then I could see him in person 8 times a year if I wanted too.. and he would be amazing with that offense, but no way he gets past the top 5 picks. and jacksonville already has a locker for tebow with his name on it.
Originally posted by jreff22:

He just announced too.
Jimmy Clausen enrolled at Notre Dame to learn about the NFL. Looks like he's learned enough.

Following the advice of deposed Irish coach Charlie Weis, Clausen has decided to forgo his senior season and enter this April's draft. Rated as perhaps the top quarterback in this year's class, he is believed to be coveted by St. Louis, Cleveland and Washington -- three teams that will conceivably pick in the top five.

"After the season, in talking to my parents and obviously Coach Weis, I just feel it's the right time," Clausen told ESPN.com on Monday before a scheduled 2 p.m. ET news conference in South Bend. "Coach Weis told me whether he was going to be here or not be here, it was time for me to go. He thought I've improved so much since I came to Notre Dame. So, I'm taking his advice, and I'm going to head out."

Notre Dame wide receiver Golden Tate also will declare for the draft Monday, sources close to the situation told ESPN.

Link
Share 49ersWebzone