There are 202 users in the forums

Championship Weekend: Prospect Watch

Slightly Off-topic, Sorry

OTC,

Where do you see Myron Rolle going in the draft?
McCoy and Tebow are out. Both will suck in the NFL IMO.
What round do you see Larry Asante being drafted?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
McCoy and Tebow are out. Both will suck in the NFL IMO.

Agreed.....The QB class this year is weak(similar to 05') the two best QB prospects are locker and Clausen and I still believe it's going to take Clausen a while to develop.

If McCoy wins the Heisman I'll be shocked.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
C.J. Spiller: 20 carries, 234 yards, 4 TDs

This guy just popped into the top ten of the draft.
Looks like Suh and Spiller were good tonight. Any other players that stood out? How about some Olinemen? Any ones of interest?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Suh is absolutely destroying Texas right now. They just can't contain him.

If you're watching this game, you see why he's a top 5, and actually -- more like a top 3 pick.

He has 3.5 sacks so far JUST tonight on McCoy. That's incredible.

He will be calling Tampa home for a very long time.
I'm calling it now......Cleveland will find a way to get Spiller, even if it means drafting him #1 overall.
Originally posted by drake49er:

OTC,

Tough to tell. He's a year removed from football so.. I'm saying his highest possible grade I'd have to think would be the third, but I'm guessing he's not going to time that well and could go as low as the 5th, but that's at the worst I'd think, based on his size and "upside." Plus, teams know he's incredibly smart so I doubt they'd be worried about him catching on quickly.

Originally posted by 49er4life:

Late 6th, currently.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

OTC,

Tough to tell. He's a year removed from football so.. I'm saying his highest possible grade I'd have to think would be the third, but I'm guessing he's not going to time that well and could go as low as the 5th, but that's at the worst I'd think, based on his size and "upside." Plus, teams know he's incredibly smart so I doubt they'd be worried about him catching on quickly.

Late 6th, currently.

He pursued a career in Medicine (Myrone Rolle, that is) right? Why would he enter the NFL Draft?

Originally posted by Ether:

OTC,

Late 6th, currently.

He pursued a career in Medicine (Myrone Rolle, that is) right? Why would he enter the NFL Draft?

He went to be a Rhodes scholar -- 1 year of studying at Oxford. After his year of studying, which ends this year, most expect him to enter the draft.

After football, medicine will still be there, so that's why.
I know the Cinci game was already over, but holy crap Mardy Gilyard is AWESOME. I know we shouldn't take another WR, but that guy reminds me a little of Jerry Rice(not that I saw too much considering I was a little kid still during his last few years with us, and I've only seen other stuff like youtubes, the superbowl dvds, etc.) and I just can't say that I would regret it if we took him. Yeah yeah we need an offensive tackle, and we do, but holy s**t this guy is a playmaker in the return game and as a reciever. He's just awesome. He's just awesome. He's the best WR in the NCAA IMO.

You guys already mentioned Spiller and Suh. I'd love to see us get Spiller on this roster. Suh isn't real realistic probably, probably be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft after this performance because he's a beast. But Spiller? Damn he's the returner we've been looking for, plus he's a real explosive player.

Tebow isn't going to be good in the NFL IMO. His throwing motion is wacky and he's a spread offense QB. He might be a decent full back but I'm just not confident he can be an NFL QB.

McCoy looked better last year than he has this year. I've watched quite a few of Texas's game and I haven't been as impressed as I was last year. He almost lost his team the game more than once tonight and he didn't look too smart. He likes to run around a little too much IMO.

What do you guys think of Javier Arenas from Bama?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I know the Cinci game was already over, but holy crap Mardy Gilyard is AWESOME. I know we shouldn't take another WR, but that guy reminds me a little of Jerry Rice(not that I saw too much considering I was a little kid still during his last few years with us, and I've only seen other stuff like youtubes, the superbowl dvds, etc.) and I just can't say that I would regret it if we took him. Yeah yeah we need an offensive tackle, and we do, but holy s**t this guy is a playmaker in the return game and as a reciever. He's just awesome. He's just awesome. He's the best WR in the NCAA IMO.

You guys already mentioned Spiller and Suh. I'd love to see us get Spiller on this roster. Suh isn't real realistic probably, probably be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft after this performance because he's a beast. But Spiller? Damn he's the returner we've been looking for, plus he's a real explosive player.

Tebow isn't going to be good in the NFL IMO. His throwing motion is wacky and he's a spread offense QB. He might be a decent full back but I'm just not confident he can be an NFL QB.

McCoy looked better last year than he has this year. I've watched quite a few of Texas's game and I haven't been as impressed as I was last year. He almost lost his team the game more than once tonight and he didn't look too smart. He likes to run around a little too much IMO.

Hey, if 5-9 Jarraud Powers (from Auburn, drafted by Indy last year) can match up and make plays as a starter for Indianapolis, who says the 5-9 physical corner, Arenas, can't do it too?

Arenas, I don't think has the same speed as Powers, certainly not timed speed at least. But he's a dynamic returner, and would do well at least as a nickel or dime guy to start.

If we go after CB's, I like OU's Brian Jackson, OKST's Perrish Cox, Oregon's Walter Thurmond (injured now, but an incredible playmaker), Northwestern's Sherrick McMannis, and Kentucky's Trevard Lindley. All would be great additions here.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 5, 2009 at 23:41:45 ]

Hey, if 5-9 Jarraud Powers (from Auburn, drafted by Indy last year) can match up and make plays as a starter for Indianapolis, who says the 5-9 physical corner, Arenas, can't do it too?

Arenas, I don't think has the same speed as Powers, certainly not timed speed at least. But he's a dynamic returner, and would do well at least as a nickel or dime guy to start.

If we go after CB's, I like OU's Brian Jackson, OKST's Perrish Cox, Oregon's Walter Thurmond (injured now, but an incredible playmaker), Northwestern's Sherrick McMannis, and Kentucky's Trevard Lindley. All would be great additions here.

Oh yeah I'm a big fan of Jackson as well. I remember watching him play vs Texas earlier in the season, and a few other games, and thinking to myself "wow, this guy's got skills". He's a big corner too at 6'1'', would help vs the guys we match up with like Fitz and Boldin. I like Perrish Cox a lot too. Haven't seen McMannis or Thurmond too much, I remember hearing about Lindley a lot before the season. Also what do you think about Joe Haden? I really like his game a lot, he's probably a sure fire first rounder though. I think my favorite corner though actually is Patrick Robinson, I know he didn't get any picks this year but I remember being impressed after watching him a few times and thinking he could be a shutdown corner. His 40 time on Scott Wright's site says 4.4 also. What are your thoughts about him and Haden if we had to pick between 1 in the first round(which we may depending on what happens with Nate)?

Also what round do you think Cox, Jackson, Thurmond, Lindley go in?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

No love for LSU's Hawkins?
Share 49ersWebzone