LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Championship Weekend: Prospect Watch

Originally posted by GEEK:

No love for LSU's Hawkins?

I think he's all right. I just singled out my favorites of the class right now. He makes some good plays here or there, but I'm not sure I've seen him do as much as the others I really like.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I know the Cinci game was already over, but holy crap Mardy Gilyard is AWESOME. I know we shouldn't take another WR, but that guy reminds me a little of Jerry Rice(not that I saw too much considering I was a little kid still during his last few years with us, and I've only seen other stuff like youtubes, the superbowl dvds, etc.) and I just can't say that I would regret it if we took him. Yeah yeah we need an offensive tackle, and we do, but holy s**t this guy is a playmaker in the return game and as a reciever. He's just awesome. He's just awesome. He's the best WR in the NCAA IMO.

You guys already mentioned Spiller and Suh. I'd love to see us get Spiller on this roster. Suh isn't real realistic probably, probably be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft after this performance because he's a beast. But Spiller? Damn he's the returner we've been looking for, plus he's a real explosive player.

Tebow isn't going to be good in the NFL IMO. His throwing motion is wacky and he's a spread offense QB. He might be a decent full back but I'm just not confident he can be an NFL QB.

McCoy looked better last year than he has this year. I've watched quite a few of Texas's game and I haven't been as impressed as I was last year. He almost lost his team the game more than once tonight and he didn't look too smart. He likes to run around a little too much IMO.

What do you guys think of Javier Arenas from Bama?

Hey, if 5-9 Jarraud Powers (from Auburn, drafted by Indy last year) can match up and make plays as a starter for Indianapolis, who says the 5-9 physical corner, Arenas, can't do it too?

Arenas, I don't think has the same speed as Powers, certainly not timed speed at least. But he's a dynamic returner, and would do well at least as a nickel or dime guy to start.

If we go after CB's, I like OU's Brian Jackson, OKST's Perrish Cox, Oregon's Walter Thurmond (injured now, but an incredible playmaker), Northwestern's Sherrick McMannis, and Kentucky's Trevard Lindley. All would be great additions here.

Oh yeah I'm a big fan of Jackson as well. I remember watching him play vs Texas earlier in the season, and a few other games, and thinking to myself "wow, this guy's got skills". He's a big corner too at 6'1'', would help vs the guys we match up with like Fitz and Boldin. I like Perrish Cox a lot too. Haven't seen McMannis or Thurmond too much, I remember hearing about Lindley a lot before the season. Also what do you think about Joe Haden? I really like his game a lot, he's probably a sure fire first rounder though. I think my favorite corner though actually is Patrick Robinson, I know he didn't get any picks this year but I remember being impressed after watching him a few times and thinking he could be a shutdown corner. His 40 time on Scott Wright's site says 4.4 also. What are your thoughts about him and Haden if we had to pick between 1 in the first round(which we may depending on what happens with Nate)?

Also what round do you think Cox, Jackson, Thurmond, Lindley go in?

-Haden is probably the top corner overall, pretty easily.

-McMannis is just a really solid cover corner, just don't see him getting burned ever. He's a riser to the middle rounds.

-Cox and Lindley are fringe players for the late 1st-2nd. Lindley has first round CB talent, yet Cox has the return ability and is a bit more physical.

-Thurmond's value could skyrocket if he can show his skills coming back from his injury, and it could still do so just by the film coaches see. High value: 3rd, Low: 5th.

-Jackson -- High value: Late 2nd. Low Value: Early 4th.
I like Jackson & Cox alot.

I think he's all right. I just singled out my favorites of the class right now. He makes some good plays here or there, but I'm not sure I've seen him do as much as the others I really like.

I know the Cinci game was already over, but holy crap Mardy Gilyard is AWESOME. I know we shouldn't take another WR, but that guy reminds me a little of Jerry Rice(not that I saw too much considering I was a little kid still during his last few years with us, and I've only seen other stuff like youtubes, the superbowl dvds, etc.) and I just can't say that I would regret it if we took him. Yeah yeah we need an offensive tackle, and we do, but holy s**t this guy is a playmaker in the return game and as a reciever. He's just awesome. He's just awesome. He's the best WR in the NCAA IMO.

You guys already mentioned Spiller and Suh. I'd love to see us get Spiller on this roster. Suh isn't real realistic probably, probably be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft after this performance because he's a beast. But Spiller? Damn he's the returner we've been looking for, plus he's a real explosive player.

Tebow isn't going to be good in the NFL IMO. His throwing motion is wacky and he's a spread offense QB. He might be a decent full back but I'm just not confident he can be an NFL QB.

McCoy looked better last year than he has this year. I've watched quite a few of Texas's game and I haven't been as impressed as I was last year. He almost lost his team the game more than once tonight and he didn't look too smart. He likes to run around a little too much IMO.

Hey, if 5-9 Jarraud Powers (from Auburn, drafted by Indy last year) can match up and make plays as a starter for Indianapolis, who says the 5-9 physical corner, Arenas, can't do it too?

Arenas, I don't think has the same speed as Powers, certainly not timed speed at least. But he's a dynamic returner, and would do well at least as a nickel or dime guy to start.

If we go after CB's, I like OU's Brian Jackson, OKST's Perrish Cox, Oregon's Walter Thurmond (injured now, but an incredible playmaker), Northwestern's Sherrick McMannis, and Kentucky's Trevard Lindley. All would be great additions here.

Oh yeah I'm a big fan of Jackson as well. I remember watching him play vs Texas earlier in the season, and a few other games, and thinking to myself "wow, this guy's got skills". He's a big corner too at 6'1'', would help vs the guys we match up with like Fitz and Boldin. I like Perrish Cox a lot too. Haven't seen McMannis or Thurmond too much, I remember hearing about Lindley a lot before the season. Also what do you think about Joe Haden? I really like his game a lot, he's probably a sure fire first rounder though. I think my favorite corner though actually is Patrick Robinson, I know he didn't get any picks this year but I remember being impressed after watching him a few times and thinking he could be a shutdown corner. His 40 time on Scott Wright's site says 4.4 also. What are your thoughts about him and Haden if we had to pick between 1 in the first round(which we may depending on what happens with Nate)?

-McMannis is just a really solid cover corner, just don't see him getting burned ever. He's a riser to the middle rounds.

-Cox and Lindley are fringe players for the late 1st-2nd. Lindley has first round CB talent, yet Cox has the return ability and is a bit more physical.

-Thurmond's value could skyrocket if he can show his skills coming back from his injury, and it could still do so just by the film coaches see. High value: 3rd, Low: 5th.

Thanks man. One thing though, no thoughts on Robinson?

Thanks man. One thing though, no thoughts on Robinson?

Forgot to mention him. He shows flashes of being very good, but if there's one concern, it's that a lot of times he doesn't turn and look for the ball, which means he could rack up a lot of Pass Interference penalties in the NFL.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Did you see any quality players out of the Florida Alabama game that would be helpful to us? Any olinemen?

i liked Arenas as well.
Share 49ersWebzone