LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

3-4 DE prospect Carlos Dunlap stock may have taken a hit

• Elric
  • Veteran
Carlos dunlap 6'6 290 lbs 4.8 4.9 speed florida
Today his stock took a hit. He was reported found a sleep in his car while intoxicated.
Florida has to chose weather to let him play in the national championship game or not. There is a lot of pressure to suspend him from play.

He was a top 15 pick and someone I wanted for our team how far does his stock fall?
late first round? early second?
I doubt he falls too far. More weight will be put on him in interviews and how he handles himself in front of NFL scouts and such. If he does well in his interviews and is remorseful and truthful I don't think he falls far at all.
Well at least he wasnt caught drinking and driving. Hey, its no surprise that college kids drink( a lot). Not a huge deal.
  • evil
  • Veteran
The decision will be to play him in the SEC title game or not. Florida is not in the NCG.....at least yet.
I dont see why it's a big deal unless he was intoxicated from illegal substances. Is this the case? Or is this just falling asleep after drinking too much?
He was found passed out in his car parked at a green light. So, yeah technically DWI.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
He was found passed out in his car parked at a green light. So, yeah technically DWI.

dumbarse...
With workouts and interviews still to come, it depends. Harvin's coach (Meyer, who is the same coach of course) vouched for him. Will he vouch for Dunlap?

Dunlap could fall to the second half of the 1st depending on what else happens.
breaking news per ESPN that Urban Meyer has suspended C. Dunlap for the SEC Championship game.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
breaking news per ESPN that Urban Meyer has suspended C. Dunlap for the SEC Championship game.

Indefinately suspended. Bet the suspension runs out before the bowl games though.

these stupid, dumb ass kids screw up a good thing every year!! If he is this ignorant then I dont want him until 3rd...whats he going to do with millions in his hands?
We are now seeing a shift in various players and who knows who will drop into our laps during the first round. Just like no one would have predicted Crabtree falling to us. Who knows who will be available in the draft at our picks, and who knows who we will actually pick.

Link?
Originally posted by pelos21:

Link?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10457646/Gator-DE-Dunlap-to-miss-SEC-title-game-after-arrest
  • Elric
  • Veteran
No matter where he falls if he falls at all I want him. With Justin smith on one side and him on the other. No quarterback would be safe.

And I think him or his position should be address with our first pick in the draft. RT if we go that route should be addres with our secondary pick.

the exception is the OLB from TCU if he is available would be a nice catch for us.
Share 49ersWebzone