There are 145 users in the forums

Crazy49er1313's Mock Draft Choices 11/27

Crazy49er1313's Mock Draft Choices 11/27

Let's see...

My favorite player in this draft is Jerry Hughes - check draft #1

IMO Trent Williams will be a very good RT - check daft #1

Javier Arenas - decent corner depth and good return guy - check draft #1

Colt McCoy my least favorite "first round" qb in this draft - check draft #2...

Sign me up for #1 please.

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Decided to post up two different mock drafts, wanted to see which one you guys liked more. For the two first rounders, assumed we'd be picking in the 8th and 12th spots.

Draft #1

1a. Trent Williams, RT, Oklahoma
- I wanted us to pick up Loadholt last year for our RT position, and look at him now with Minnesota. Williams is an even better RT than Loadholt, and I think will make not only our line better, but I think will make Rachal better also.

1b. Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
- Finally, we have the pass rusher we so desperately need. Yes, he has played for TCU and hasn’t played consistently against Top D-I talent, but the man is a beast and wouldn’t have to worry about coverage skills since he already does it all at TCU.

2. Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
- Strong coverage CB, would fit into defense. In my opinion, best returner in college football. Can’t miss pick.

3. Boo Robinson, DT, Wake Forest
- Possible NT of future, but most likely will resign Franklin, so he can learn from him.

4. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama
- Big and strong, loves to hit, what else would you want in an OG?

5. Richard Dickson, FB, LSU
- Norris can’t be here forever, and Dickson has shown to be

6. Tony Pike, QB, Cincinatti
- The guy is legit, cheap pickup and can compete with Nate for #3.

7. Depth for special teams

or

Draft #2

1a. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
- Draft for talent with first rounders, and McCoy looks like the real deal. Locker and Clausen will go before him, but let him sit first year, pickup the offense, and be the next great Niner QB.

1b. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
- Most talented CB in draft. Can cover, blitz, run support, and return. Future #1 CB after Nate Clements leaves or moves to Safety.

2. Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina
- Amazing pass rusher and strong on run, decent in coverage. Has SEC speed and feel he can overthrow Haralson for OLB.

3. Daryl Washington, ILB, TCU
-Leader of one of the toughest defenses in college for the past few years. Will take over for Spikes when done. Will automatically upgrade special teams.

4. Sam Young, RT, Notre Dame
- Strong RT, fills a need. Better than what we have and could be a steal in the 3rd.

5. Richard Dickson, FB, LSU
- Norris won’t be here forever, same mold and has helped produce a few 1,000 yard backs at LSU.

6. Mike Tepper, OL, Cal
- See him being converted to guard in pros, has a nasty streak that all guards need.

7. Depth for Special teams

Appreciate any analysis and criticisms[/b]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pike should go in the 2-4 round range. Like you said he's the real deal and shouldn't last till the 6th round.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Did you just call a CB prospect a can't miss pick ? If he is can't miss why would he be going in the 2nd round ? Wouldn't a can't miss pick be one of the elite prospects in the draft ?

And Eric Norwood does not fit Scot McCloughan's size requirements for a 3-4 OLB

I meant a can't miss in the 2nd round (sorry for the lack of specificity) . He's strong in coverage and gives us a legitimate return threat so we won't have to play musical chairs for our return guy.

As for the Norwood pick, as long as you get to the QB, don't think McCloughan should care.

I agree but.....from MM last April :

Quote:
--My opinion about Aaron Maybin and Everette Brown has not changed. I still do not believe the 49ers would give either of them serious consideration at No. 10. In fact, McCloughan did give a hint about Brown when he said he would want that player to be at least 6-2 and 240 to 260 pounds. Brown checks under 6-foot-2.

I read that too, but we drafted Parys Haralson (granted, in the 5th round) and he's only 6 feet tall. I don't think McCloughan has a problem with drafting a guy that's out of his preferred height/weight range, just not with a high pick. Personally I think that's silly because IMO if a guy can play and get to the passer, then I'm not overly concerned with his size, but I'm not the one calling the shots.

Was Parys a Nolan or a Scot pick ? We did pass on Brown but for that matter we did have a first rounder on the table to deal that pick, but one has to wonder was that deal eased by the fact that Brown did not fit Scot's size requirements ? Was he even on our draft board ?

I would hope Scot would not be so idiotic as to not look at players who don't fit his size requirements for a 3-4 OLB or to not even put them on the draft board. There have been players at all positions in the NFL who have proven that one doesn't not have to be a certain size to excel as a pro.

I agree but.....from MM last April :

Quote:
--My opinion about Aaron Maybin and Everette Brown has not changed. I still do not believe the 49ers would give either of them serious consideration at No. 10. In fact, McCloughan did give a hint about Brown when he said he would want that player to be at least 6-2 and 240 to 260 pounds. Brown checks under 6-foot-2.

That's one of the things that drives me crazy about McCloughan and he needs to cut that crap out...is the whole size issue. We see it time and time again that guys who don't have the ideal "size" are terrific players. You can't always find prototypical size guys who also play great.

Draft players damnit!
#1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
Share 49ersWebzone