What do you guys think if we drafted

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Where does he go to school?

Arkansas.

where did he go before arkansas
isnt he a transfer

He transferred from Michigan, he left after Rich Rodriguez was hired as coach.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Arkansas.

isnt he a transfer

Smart move, lol....

I think Mallet will stay another year, but if he does come out I wouldn't want to waste a 1st on someone that's gonna sit at least a year or two. We're a team that's just a few pieces away from playoff caliber every year and would much rather get our OL and pass rush fixed with our two 1st rounders.

I'd rather have an average qb with a great OL rather than a great qb with a crappy OL. Give a NFL QB a run game and time, they will win football games.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Arkansas.

isnt he a transfer

Smart move, lol....

I think Mallet will stay another year, but if he does come out I wouldn't want to waste a 1st on someone that's gonna sit at least a year or two. We're a team that's just a few pieces away from playoff caliber every year and would much rather get our OL and pass rush fixed with our two 1st rounders.

I'd rather have an average qb with a great OL rather than a great qb with a crappy OL. Give a NFL QB a run game and time, they will win football games.

this
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Arkansas.

isnt he a transfer

Smart move, lol....

this

I really don't get this thinking. If you look at the potential playoff teams you clearly see that 11/12 of those teams have great QB play (the only exception is Denver), and all of the favorites for the divisional winners have Pro Bowl QB's (Brady, Manning, Palmer, Rivers, Romo, Brees, Warner, Favre).

It seems to me like great QB trumps all. The odds of winning with mediocre QB play isn't very good and it rarely lasts longer than a season. Look at Carolina, Miami, Baltimore. Even when Baltimore was in their prime they were year to year. They only made the playoff 2 seasons in a row once.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We need a QB then some o-linemen! Thats all i want this offseason
Share 49ersWebzone