There are 142 users in the forums

What do you guys think if we drafted

Ryan Mallett with our 2nd first rounder. The guy is a beast. He is listed as 6 '7' and his td to int ratio so far this year is 23:5. Many mock drafts have him quietly moving up. I think if we drafted a OT with our first and him with our second we could be a complete offense. Let me know what you guys think
  • NickV
  • Veteran
If Alex totally tanks the rest of the season then I would consider it.
Isn't the dude only a Sophomore? I don't even think he'll declare.

I wouldn't draft him this year.
We have Davis. No thanks. Kid is a steal in the fifth.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Isn't the dude only a Sophomore? I don't even think he'll declare.

I wouldn't draft him this year.

The guy is a sophomore but since he transferred from Michigan and had to sit out a year he is eligible if he wanted to declare. Considering there is no salary cap next year and a possible lockout in 2011 he will more likely declare just like a lot of other juniors.
any one heard rumblings that mallet doesnt have the greatest attitude, and trouble getting along with teammates?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Another project with all of one year starting with a 2nd round pick. Sounds brilliant.
I believe he is a redshirt sophmore. So I don't know if he will declare. But maybe he will next year and not after this year. Whenever he does IMO he will become a 1st rounder. People see the success of Flacco and he came out of nowhere (Flacco). This guy will go high just based on potential alone. Plus he has played well overall with not the most talented team.
Ryan Mallett is #1 pick should he stay his entire career.
Ryan can declare, but I don't think he will. As a sophomore, he'd be a later 1st or early 2nd rd pick at the earliest, no matter what his skills are. He'd need to sit for at least 1 year.

His attitude? He has a VERY high opinion of himself. I've not seen a Leaf-type headcase in him, but you never know how adversity will bring out the worst or best in people.

If Smith continues to bust, should we take him in rd 2? We already have one project at QB that needs to sit for a year in Davis. Why bring in another one? Yea, he's a good prospect with great measurables and a huge arm and he's played at 2 good colleges (Michigan and Arkansas), but he really should stay in school. He's got some issues in reading defenses and has weird days where he is very inaccurate, but another year in school with decent play, likely gets him a top 10, if not top 3, rating in the 2011 draft.

Where does he go to school?
No thanks.
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
We have Davis. No thanks. Kid is a steal in the fifth.

and what the hell has davis done that makes you think hes the soulution to the niners qb problem??? if ales smith fu(%s up the rest of the way i say draft clausen or locker...
Originally posted by pelos21:

Arkansas.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by pelos21:

Arkansas.

where did he go before arkansas
isnt he a transfer
Share 49ersWebzone