LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

Who is the next Ware/Merriman/JHarrison/Dumervil?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't pay enough attention to the premiere pass rushing prospects in this draft?

Who is the best 3-4 OLB pass rushing prospect in this draft class?
Ive been saying it since last year - JERRY HUGHES... No doubt about it.
Its ironic that 2 people he passed up on, Eddie Royal and Dumeril, is now helping his team win.

The next one? Its the one that Scotty and Nolan don't think is an impact player and pass him in the draft.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Dumervil was a 4th round draft pick. We weren't the only ones to pass on him four times.

An undersized DE in the mold of Dwight Freeney doesn't guarantee 3-4 OLB pass rushing success. I never thought Dumervil would have this type of success behind a scrappy defensive line.

Nolan is a defensive genius. He just can't multitask as a HC/DC/GM/Fashion Model.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Dumervil was a 4th round draft pick. We weren't the only ones to pass on him four times.

An undersized DE in the mold of Dwight Freeney doesn't guarantee 3-4 OLB pass rushing success. I never thought Dumervil would have this type of success behind a scrappy defensive line.

Nolan is a defensive genius. He just can't multitask as a HC/DC/GM/Fashion Model.

The best ones I've seen so far besides Hughes are:

Eric Norwood S. Carolina
O'Brien Schofield Wisconsin
Everson Griffen USC
and
Derrick Morgan Ga Tech

Hughes, Norwood and Schofield look like the best prospects for the Niners because they also play the run AND cover as LB's besides their pass rushing.
Jason Pierre-Paul
Brandon Graham
Me also likey Jerry Hughes...mofo is a beast...his stats up to this time say it all, right ABowers?

More and more the bull rushers, the one's with strength with different moves seem to do better at WILL. Woodley, Ware, Dumervil...hey, what happened to Mark Anderson from the Bears as I remember him fitting that mold, too.

Anyway, I keep seeing soooooooooo many pass-rushing WILL prospects up and down the first three rounds, a very rich class indeed. I say use our second for one.

Carolinas 1st: Berry or Mays or Trade down
Our 1st: T. Cody
Our 2nd: Pierre-Paul

I could live with that. And for those that want an OT, that's why we have FA.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Eric Norwood S. Carolina
Everson Griffen USC
and
Derrick Morgan Ga Tech

Hughes, Norwood and Schofield look like the best prospects for the Niners because they also play the run AND cover as LB's besides their pass rushing.

I like Everson Griffen a lot. But he's a lazy butt. He takes lots of plays off. He should be way more dominant than he is. The talent leve is great. The motor needs work.

Eric Norwood S. Carolina
Everson Griffen USC
and
Derrick Morgan Ga Tech

I like Everson Griffen a lot. But he's a lazy butt. He takes lots of plays off. He should be way more dominant than he is. The talent leve is great. The motor needs work.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Eric Norwood S. Carolina
Everson Griffen USC
and
Derrick Morgan Ga Tech

Could this be a job for Singletaryman?

insert photoshopped pic of sing's face on Superman.

Also, how the hell did George Slevie fall off the face of the earth? Not many people talk about him, but last year it was all selvie all the time in terms of next years passrusher.
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Oct 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM ]

Ware/Merriman, first round guys.

JHarrison/Dumervil, mid to late round guys.

The 49ers have seemed to think that mid to late round is the way to go, (with the exception of Lawson). But late round seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

First rounders are not much better. Every year there are can't 2 or 3 miss pass rushers, half of those end up never making an impact in the NFL.

Every year I pull for the 49ers to draft one of these pass rushing prospects, then 2 years later that player hasn’t made an impact (Gains Adams).

I know we need some help at OLB, but I just think the draft is a crap shoot at that position (more so than other positions).
Jerry Hughes I think will probably be the best out of all the pass rushing linebackers.

Eric Norwood looks good too.

Brandon Graham reminds me a little of Lamar Woodley.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Only a Jr., but Derrick Morgan has been a beast for Georgia Tech.
I really like watching Jerry Hughes play.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I really like watching Jerry Hughes play.

YUP!!!
Share 49ersWebzone