LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Scott Wright's SUPER early mock draft

I'm hoping we grab a RT, NT and another pass rushing OLB, but we may not need one if Ahmad Brooks continues to improve
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by strickac:
IMO, I don't think Mays would give us much of an upgrade over Goldson. Mays might have better range and be a little faster, but Goldson has better ball skills and is every bit as stout against the run. I'll admit that I was wrong (badly) about LaRon Landry and I see a lot of similarities in their game, but I think Mays would be a poor choice that early in the draft.

With the first few picks, I hope we go Oline early (another OT and a LG) and draft a pass rusher at OLB (Eric Norwood, Jerry Hughes, etc..)

There aren't any o-linemen that jump out at me so far. So I'm thinking with our first pick, Eric Berry (or Mays if still available), then Bryan Bulaga or Anthony Davis for our second pick in the 1st.

I'm really beginning to like Anthony Davis from Rutgers.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by GEEK:
It is beginning to sound like if we can't get an absolute stud with Carolina's pick, then we need we should do everything we can to move back in the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did a patriots, and traded the pick for 2nd, 3rd, and a future 1st.

That's exactly how they have stayed on top for so long...

Now that is beginning to really sound like a great idea.

I looked at who was on the board at #8 in that draft and thought we should probably trade back in that scenario as well. I only hope there is a prospect out there that teams would be willing to trade up to get.
This was supposed to be the year of the QB. Snead, Tebow, Bradford, Claussen.....I don't even think Locker was on the radar screen. That sure seems to have changed.

In the early rounds, I'm hoping they pick up another playmaker on defense, whether it is a Kindle type (speed rusher) or a Berry (I'm not impressed with Mays) and a Hog on the line.

I hope they are able to restock some talent on the OL in the next few rounds. Baas has not impressed and Snyder is still struggling. Doesn't appear that Wragge or Wallace are long term starter material either.
I would go for Taylor Mays if he was available with the first pick. Otherwise OT.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
I would go for Taylor Mays if he was available with the first pick. Otherwise OT.

+1
Niners missed out the previous draft was loaded with good OT's.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Rather pick up an OL in FA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Hasn't this been the story of the 49ers for the decade?

We fail to be proactive when it comes to fixing our roster problems.

2009: Marvel Smith was an injury risk from the get-go. He retired last minute, and we signed Pashos, a mediocre RT to go up against a mediocre backup OT/OG. Added bonus of "depth" with a failure in Barry Sims OT/OG/Piece of s**t.

Maintaining the status quo and hoping Haralson and Lawson each posts double digit sacks in 2009. If not, we have the Bengals reject Ahmed Brooks to play some OLB.

Shaun Hill - the best noodle arm QB since Ken Dorsey to helm the franchise that consisted of YA, Brodie, Montana, Young, and I'll throw Garcia in there too. And if Hill doesn't work, we'll start our BUST draft pick Smith and hope he pans out.

And let's get an old f**k who's been dismissed from his OC job 10 times over to lead this offense.

How the f**k can teams like the Falcons and Dolphins turn poor seasons into a playoff season in 1 year? And the 49ers are still in year 5 of McCloughan/Nolan/Singletary era of turning this ship around?

Enough bulls**t, it's time for new front office leadership.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
It is beginning to sound like if we can't get an absolute stud with Carolina's pick, then we need we should do everything we can to move back in the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did a patriots, and traded the pick for 2nd, 3rd, and a future 1st.

That's exactly how they have stayed on top for so long...

id rather just keep trading our 2nd for next years 1st like we did last year

jejeje.. that cool! "thumb up"

Nooooooooo on the CB
Originally posted by kstolai:
Nooooooooo on the CB

yea that's right!
Originally posted by lamontb:

Hasn't this been the story of the 49ers for the decade?

We fail to be proactive when it comes to fixing our roster problems.

2009: Marvel Smith was an injury risk from the get-go. He retired last minute, and we signed Pashos, a mediocre RT to go up against a mediocre backup OT/OG. Added bonus of "depth" with a failure in Barry Sims OT/OG/Piece of s**t.

Maintaining the status quo and hoping Haralson and Lawson each posts double digit sacks in 2009. If not, we have the Bengals reject Ahmed Brooks to play some OLB.

Shaun Hill - the best noodle arm QB since Ken Dorsey to helm the franchise that consisted of YA, Brodie, Montana, Young, and I'll throw Garcia in there too. And if Hill doesn't work, we'll start our BUST draft pick Smith and hope he pans out.

And let's get an old f**k who's been dismissed from his OC job 10 times over to lead this offense.

How the f**k can teams like the Falcons and Dolphins turn poor seasons into a playoff season in 1 year? And the 49ers are still in year 5 of McCloughan/Nolan/Singletary era of turning this ship around?

Enough bulls**t, it's time for new front office leadership.

I agree, we should let go of Scotty Mac
Share 49ersWebzone