LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Scott Wright's SUPER early mock draft

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
According to a link that Kolohe posted in another thread, Trent Williams will be returning to the Sooners next year.

did you look at that link? It's dated January 15, 2009 and is in reference to this past April's draft. It also says Gresham is going back when he's already stated he's declaring. Williams is also a senior this year and can't go back unless he gets hurt and gets a medical redshirt. There will be an abundance of underclassmen declaring with the rookie cap coming in 2011.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957

Read it carefully and now read this one

http://www.newsok.com/article/3405033

The first link is in reference to the draft that already passed.....the 2009 draft in which we took Crabtree and alludes to those players returning for THIS current 2009 college football season. And if Bradford did say he was returning for next year, which he did not, why would Scott Wright--a guy who makes a living making mock drafts--have him number 1 overall?

Easy killer. I was just going on what Kolohe had posted. I'm at work and am unable to click on every link that people post.

Lol sorry didn't mean to sound demeaning. Go niners.
I can't stand Trent Williams. He's a glorified Gosder Cherilus. He will not be able to handle the sped rush in the nfl from everything I've heard.
I don't like the Williams pick, but I don't have a favorite that was on the board at that point, either. I just know I wouldn't take Williams at #8 at this point.

And I wouldn't spend our other first on a CB. I'm fine right now heading into next year with Spencer & Brown.
Like I've been saying before, Eric Berry has to be our first pick if he's still on the board. If not, then Taylor Mays should be it. Our second 1st rounder should be an o-lineman, most likely Bryan Bulaga from Iowa or Anthony Davis from Rutgers.

[ Edited by SF69ers on Oct 9, 2009 at 09:03:56 ]
It is beginning to sound like if we can't get an absolute stud with Carolina's pick, then we need we should do everything we can to move back in the draft.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
It is beginning to sound like if we can't get an absolute stud with Carolina's pick, then we need we should do everything we can to move back in the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did a patriots, and traded the pick for 2nd, 3rd, and a future 1st.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I wouldn't be surprised if we did a patriots, and traded the pick for 2nd, 3rd, and a future 1st.

That's exactly how they have stayed on top for so long...
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

id rather just keep trading our 2nd for next years 1st like we did last year
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Now that is beginning to really sound like a great idea.
Originally posted by crzy:
Locker in the top 10. Wow, he's being overrated.

I dont know about that. I think locker should certainly go in the first round. Just depends on what teams think about him in comparison to other QBs. Hes a little more rough around the edges as a pure passer, but I think I'd rather have him than someone like McCoy.

His mock draft fails to have Jimmy Clausen in the first round, meanwhile most mocks have him being the second qb taken.

I would be all for it. From what it looks like, this could be a deep class. We could get good value with 2nd round picks if we trade the Carolina pick. Only make this trade if the studs are gone by that pick
  • cools
  • Veteran
On Draft Countdowns forum, I found this mock that i kinda like (because who he has us getting, overall i think he has too many 2nd rounders going in the 1rst)
I also doubt Carolina's pick drops this low

I would love to have C.Black or Bulaga with one of our firsts
though im still undecided about who to get with the other, and of course that will change once we get into free agency

1) S.L. ...s. bradford q.b. oklahoma
2) cleveland...e. berry s tenn
3) Oak...n. suh d.t. nebraska
4) T.B. ...g. mccoy d.t. oklahoma
5) K.C. ...r. mcclain ilb alabama
6) s.f. (carolina)...t. mays s usc
7) sea ...j. locker q.b. washington
8) wash...b. buluga o.t. iowa
9) tenn....c. dunlap d.e. florida
10) det....a. davis o.t. rutgers
11) buffalo...r. okung o.t. okie state
12) houston....r. jones s georgia
13) jax...v. ogobasse d.t. duke
14) miami....d. bryant w.r. okie state
15) s.d. ...t. cody n.t. alabama
16) denver (chicago)...b. spikes
17) arizona...e. norwood olb/ilb s. carolina
18) dallas....a. jones d.t./d.e. syracuse
19) atlanta...s. weatherspoon olb mizzou
20) pitt....t. williams o.t. oklahoma
21) s.f. ...c. black o.t. l.s.u.
22) sea (denver)....j. fox o.t. miami
23) cincy...c.j. spiller r.b. clemson
24) philly...g. hardy d.e. ole miss
25) jets...a. baily d.t./d.e. miami
26) g.b. ...c. brown o.t. usc
27) minn...j. clausen q.b. n.d.
28) baltimore...a. benn w.r. illini
29) n.e. ...j. gresham t.e. oklahoma
30) giants...m. burnett s g.t.
31) indy...m. austin d.t. unc
32) n.o. ...t. lewis olb oklahoma

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35764

[ Edited by cools on Oct 9, 2009 at 09:57:19 ]
IMO, I don't think Mays would give us much of an upgrade over Goldson. Mays might have better range and be a little faster, but Goldson has better ball skills and is every bit as stout against the run. I'll admit that I was wrong (badly) about LaRon Landry and I see a lot of similarities in their game, but I think Mays would be a poor choice that early in the draft.

With the first few picks, I hope we go Oline early (another OT and a LG) and draft a pass rusher at OLB (Eric Norwood, Jerry Hughes, etc..)
Originally posted by strickac:
IMO, I don't think Mays would give us much of an upgrade over Goldson. Mays might have better range and be a little faster, but Goldson has better ball skills and is every bit as stout against the run. I'll admit that I was wrong (badly) about LaRon Landry and I see a lot of similarities in their game, but I think Mays would be a poor choice that early in the draft.

With the first few picks, I hope we go Oline early (another OT and a LG) and draft a pass rusher at OLB (Eric Norwood, Jerry Hughes, etc..)

There aren't any o-linemen that jump out at me so far. So I'm thinking with our first pick, Eric Berry (or Mays if still available), then Bryan Bulaga or Anthony Davis for our second pick in the 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone