LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Why the 49ers go after Tim Tebow in 2010

Originally posted by Jax49er:
Watch this and tell me tebow is innaccurate and incapable. The dudes a beast at reading the defense and knowing where to find an open reciever. keep in mind this is Tebow's sophmore season and he has since improved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsditoWmwNM&feature=related

In all of those touchdowns, he forced to come off of his primary receiver mabey three times... And I only saw one instance where he was forced to make a throw into tight coverage.

And thats my point, Urban's offense makes things so easy on the QB that it is virtually impossible to tell whether his game will translate to the NFL... The only thing that we know for a fact at this point is that he has zero experience operating a pro-style offense and his delivery needs serious work... Not too many 1st round qualities that can inferred from watching him at Florida.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Watch this and tell me tebow is innaccurate and incapable. The dudes a beast at reading the defense and knowing where to find an open reciever. keep in mind this is Tebow's sophmore season and he has since improved.

Good call on using a highlight reel to determine his accuracy...
Originally posted by 23zack80:

atleast Tebow has the ability to hit the open reciever. id like to see shaun hill make these throws.

atleast Tebow has the ability to hit the open reciever. id like to see shaun hill make these throws.

I hope I get a chance to watch Snead or Sneed or however you spell his name. I am impressed with Jimmy Claussen. I would not mind Tebow in a niners uniform but I think there will be other QB's with a little higher ceiling than Tebow that will be available to the niners next year. I am hoping the niners see something in Nate Davis and decide to use the higher picks on other positions. Just my hope...

Next year's QB class should be deep.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I never want to see an Urban Meyer quarterback in a 49er uniform again
  • cw9er
  • Info N/A
Tebow has the tools (maybe not the best tools) but he does have the tools to be an NFL QB. He also has the Ray Lewis like leadership, the work ethic, the heart, the passion, the absolute will to win at all costs, the stats, the championships, and the track record to become a good NFL QB. If you are against him, all you have is an opinion, and a grudge.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sinsation:

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Ether:
"I want winners!"- Mike Singletary

Tim Tebow is strictly that, a winner.

I went to Nease highschool while Tebow was quarterback and was witness to his greatness many times. The dude once broke his leg in the 3rd quarter only to stay in the game and run a 27 yard touchdown in the 4th to tie the game. He led us to a championship victory in 2005 on a season where our only loss came to the # 2 ranked team in the nation Hoover Highschool. Tebow brought the school from a 2-8 season to a championship. He did that by making those around him stronger through courage and the spirit of winning. This guy knows how to motivate a team to win. He brought the gators back to beat Oklahoma in the BCS championship. Did you see him get fired up in the locker room? This guy is legendary and he needs to be on our roster next season, we wont regret using a 1st rounder on him.

Heres something else you wont regret, check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXiTiw1118

I'm pretty sure its physically impossible to run on a broken leg.

Especially for a highschool kid......

not unless youre on that pcp!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cw9er:
Tebow has the tools (maybe not the best tools) but he does have the tools to be an NFL QB. He also has the Ray Lewis like leadership, the work ethic, the heart, the passion, the absolute will to win at all costs, the stats, the championships, and the track record to become a good NFL QB. If you are against him, all you have is an opinion, and a grudge.

If you haven't figured it out yet, the draft is entirely about opinions. I think you might have figured it out since you realize I have an opinion. If you haven't... here's your sign.

I'm glad you can point out that Tim Tebow may not have the best tools yet anyone who thinks he wont succeed is just holding a grudge. I have a grudge against him for having a slow release and below average accuracy. I also have a grudge against him for running a gimmick offense. I'm sorry my "grudge" makes me think Tebow is a late round quarterback talent.

If you want to spend a first round pick on a bigger, slower version of Michael Robinson, good luck getting a job as a GM. If you want to get a special teams stud and locker room presence in the 3rd-5th range, I'm all for it but he will never be anything more than a Michael Robinson unless a team puts him on the sideline for 3-4 years to develop.

The team has Nate Davis who has better pocket presence, a stronger arm, and most importantly much better accuracy. He has more potential as a quarterback and he is further along in his development. The team would be better off picking playmakers at WR, DE/OLB, CB, or S in the first round.

Tebow sucks. anybody but that guy. i cant stand him. he's like the poster child for douchebags.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Tebow sucks. anybody but that guy. i cant stand him. he's like the poster child for douchebags.

How about Michael Crabtree, Michael Vick, Albert Haynesworth, T.O., Pacman Jones?
Those guys are poster children for douchebags.

Tim Tebow is a greater and more genuine person then you will ever be.

Im starting to hope the niners don't get Tebow just so someone else can win a superbowl.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Ether:
"I want winners!"- Mike Singletary

Tim Tebow is strictly that, a winner.

I went to Nease highschool while Tebow was quarterback and was witness to his greatness many times. The dude once broke his leg in the 3rd quarter only to stay in the game and run a 27 yard touchdown in the 4th to tie the game. He led us to a championship victory in 2005 on a season where our only loss came to the # 2 ranked team in the nation Hoover Highschool. Tebow brought the school from a 2-8 season to a championship. He did that by making those around him stronger through courage and the spirit of winning. This guy knows how to motivate a team to win. He brought the gators back to beat Oklahoma in the BCS championship. Did you see him get fired up in the locker room? This guy is legendary and he needs to be on our roster next season, we wont regret using a 1st rounder on him.

Heres something else you wont regret, check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXiTiw1118

I'm pretty sure its physically impossible to run on a broken leg.

Especially for a highschool kid......

not unless youre on that pcp!

The dude snapped his fibula in half and finished the game. It happend, quit denying it.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Ken Dorsey won a s**t ton of games for Miami how did he turn out.

Just one of a hundred college QB’s that have amazing college careers only to burn at the highest level.

Not just a few but a lot of guys are saying his game doesn’t translate to the NFL and all these guys do is watch game tape and study players. IMO he’s got a 50 50 chance depending on what team gives him a chance.

If he goes to a bad team he will not make it if a good team takes him and he holds the clipboard for 2-3 seasons then maybe.

Tebow is a high character guy who loves the game immensely. But he plays in a bulls**t spread offense and is another "Urban QB". Florida always has a fluff schedule and that's why he has those great pass comp perc's, the kid is real great at tearing up teams like Troy. Florida's talent level is too high for most teams to compete with and Tebow takes complete advantage of it. He is a great college QB, that is a fact but I don't see him being a great NFL QB.
Share 49ersWebzone