LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

Why the 49ers go after Tim Tebow in 2010

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
smith sucks cuz of his slow ass release and bad mechanics. Tebow seems to have all the tools to produce in the NFL. I dont see why everyone is so hell bent on knocking the dude.

People are just so focused that Tebow is playing under Urban Meyer just like Alex Smith. That doesn't mean that Tebow and Alex are the same player. Tebow plays with a lot more emotion and seems to have that "never lose" attitude just like Jeff Garcia. He's won the Heisman, won games and national championships against some very tough opponents. He brings the energy and sets the tone. That's a great player to have on your team.

Dont worry, everyone saying Tim cant make it in the nfl is exactly what he needs. The guy feeds off adversity. I see him falling to us at pick 14(carolina).
Originally posted by Jax49er:
smith sucks cuz of his slow ass release and bad mechanics. Tebow seems to have all the tools to produce in the NFL. I dont see why everyone is so hell bent on knocking the dude.

People are just so focused that Tebow is playing under Urban Meyer just like Alex Smith. That doesn't mean that Tebow and Alex are the same player. Tebow plays with a lot more emotion and seems to have that "never lose" attitude just like Jeff Garcia. He's won the Heisman, won games and national championships against some very tough opponents. He brings the energy and sets the tone. That's a great player to have on your team.

Dont worry, everyone saying Tim cant make it in the nfl is exactly what he needs. The guy feeds off adversity. I see him falling to us at pick 14(carolina).

I think carolinas pick will come sooner for us. Ours might be around 15-20.
  • dman
  • Veteran

I dont see him getting out of the top 10, especially with Bradford hurt but who knows?

I do see the Carolina pick being higher than 14 though, they will suck.

Whatever the case I want me some Tebow!
Originally posted by dman:

I dont see him getting out of the top 10, especially with Bradford hurt but who knows?

Lets say Colt McCoy tears it up this year. Would you trade ur 2 #1 picks to move up and get him? Or take Tebow and someone else?
  • dman
  • Veteran

Lets say Colt McCoy tears it up this year. Would you trade ur 2 #1 picks to move up and get him? Or take Tebow and someone else?

At this point Id rather have Tebow and someone else.
"I want winners!"- Mike Singletary

Tim Tebow is strictly that, a winner.

I went to Nease highschool while Tebow was quarterback and was witness to his greatness many times. The dude once broke his leg in the 3rd quarter only to stay in the game and run a 27 yard touchdown in the 4th to tie the game. He led us to a championship victory in 2005 on a season where our only loss came to the # 2 ranked team in the nation Hoover Highschool. Tebow brought the school from a 2-8 season to a championship. He did that by making those around him stronger through courage and the spirit of winning. This guy knows how to motivate a team to win. He brought the gators back to beat Oklahoma in the BCS championship. Did you see him get fired up in the locker room? This guy is legendary and he needs to be on our roster next season, we wont regret using a 1st rounder on him.

Heres something else you wont regret, check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXiTiw1118

YES WE WILL... Lets be honest, that rah rah crap works in high school and college, but this is the NFL; and you dont spend 1st rounder on players because they possess leadership...

WOW - Tebow wont get out of the 1st round??? You guys are absolutely delusional... You guys were probably also on the bandwagon which felt Sanchez wasnt even worth a 1st rounder???

I think my dog could project QBs better than you...
Originally posted by rapid4:
We have our QBOTF, Nate Davis. Use the 1st round picks on a pass rusher and an OT.

My sentiments exactly:

1a) Trent Williams OT)
1b) Jerry Hughes (OLB)

Those two will immediately improve our ability to protect our own QB and get after the opposition's... Spending a 1st rounder on Tebow would be a complete waste and there is absolutely NO CHANCE IN HELL that it will happen, so you all can just move on from it... And if any of you would like to wager something on the prospect of the niner selecting Tebow in the 1st , or any other team for that matter, please let me know...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
While I'm skeptical of this team's playoff chances, I doubt we'll have a bad enough record to draft Tebow at the spot he'll be expected to go.

I would love someone like a Taylor Mays or a Dez Bryant though.

What the hell does emotion or a never lose attitude have with his ability to operate out of a pro-style offense... Tebow simply has way too slow of a release and lacks the ability to deliver accurate passes downfield (dont give me this 60% completion BS either - shovel passes dont count)... Bottom line, the kid has never been forced to take a snap from under center, drop back, go through his progressions, and deliver a pass during his four years at florida - so who is to say that he is even capable of doing so - it just makes him far too big of a risk.

Originally posted by kray28:
While I'm skeptical of this team's playoff chances, I doubt we'll have a bad enough record to draft Tebow at the spot he'll be expected to go.

I would love someone like a Taylor Mays or a Dez Bryant though.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING??? There is not a GM in the league that would spend a 1st rounder on this kid in the entire league... At best he could be considered the 4th ranked QB in this draft and might get taken in the early 2nd.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by abowers1984:

WOW - Tebow wont get out of the 1st round??? You guys are absolutely delusional... You guys were probably also on the bandwagon which felt Sanchez wasnt even worth a 1st rounder???

Are you asking me?

dummy
Originally posted by abowers1984:

Are you asking me?

dummy

I meant to say the top ten, and I was repeating in disbelief what the previous poster had stated... Way to keep things mature though buddy, I can see you are truley making objective predicitons regarding Tebow here.

Dummy.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Tebow is a winner with outstanding loyalty and character! sign him up.
Watch this and tell me tebow is innaccurate and incapable. The dudes a beast at reading the defense and knowing where to find an open reciever. keep in mind this is Tebow's sophmore season and he has since improved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsditoWmwNM&feature=related
Share 49ersWebzone